Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-17-04, 07:52 PM   #1
Neeperando

West Wing question

I'm getting towards the end of the West Wing season 2 (So please no spoilers), and I had a question.

Do they ever explain why Bartlet was elected in 1998 and 2002 rather than 1996 and 2000?

I assume from a logistical standpoint, a show that was developed in 1998 and first aired in 1999-2000 wouldn't work if it started in the third year of his term, but do they explain it in the context of the story?
Old 10-17-04, 08:33 PM   #2
Creek Rat

Perhaps as a nod to the fact that it is fictional program and not meant to be an "alternative" to whatever administration was in office?

I'm suprised at the number of people that actually compare the "Bartlett" regime to the current Bush regime. I get the impression that people actually expect the real White House to be like the fictional one.
Old 10-18-04, 07:30 AM   #3
dstrauss
DVD Talk Special Edition

Neeperando has it right, it's nothing more complicated then the fact the show started a certain time and they wanted it to show an administration in their first year.
Old 10-18-04, 10:44 AM   #4
apeyard

Quote:
Originally posted by dstrauss
Neeperando has it right, it's nothing more complicated then the fact the show started a certain time and they wanted it to show an administration in their first year.
Actually, when the show started they were in the middle of their 2nd or 3rd year IIRC.

"Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a damn?" - Bob Kelso