TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Third Watch - 09/24/04

Old 09-24-04, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Third Watch - 09/24/04

"Alone Again, Naturally"

Spoiler:
Detective Cruz works fast to fix the crime scene after Yokas guns down an infamous criminal, but a tough new lieutenant (Aidan Quinn) makes it clear she is under his thumb.

Cast: Chris Bauer, Coby Bell, Bonnie Dennison , Nia Long, Molly Price, Kim Raver, Anthony Ruivivar, Skipp Sudduth, Tia Texada, Jason Wiles, Cara Buono, Josh Stewart, Aidan Quinn, Charles Haid.
Producer(s): John Wells, Christopher Chulack.

Original Airdate: September 24, 2004.
Old 09-24-04, 10:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Soaking wet Tia Texada

I figured once Monroe threw a fit when Davis was going to write the ticket she was going to wind up being the UC officer. I wonder if that will come back to bite him.
Old 09-24-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe Sasha is the UC from IAB. Damn, that was good twist to pull after she has been on the show for a year.

I've never liked Tia Texada - I have been praying for over a year that they kill off her character. They kill off all of the likeable ones, why can't they kill her?

Is this a straight cop show w/ special appearances by EMTs every few eps? They have totally written the firemen out of the show and the EMTs are only in it once in a while. I'm pissed the firemen aren't in it anymore. That was one of the nice things about the show - it split time between all three groups and didn't concentrate on just one for several eps at a time.
Old 09-24-04, 10:49 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
There was a story a while ago, like a year or so ago, where the producers or NBC said the focus was going to be the cops.
Old 09-24-04, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Now that you mention it - I remember hearing about that. It sucks, imo, because there are enough straight cop shows and the best part of the Third Watch was that there was always a combination of the three. Hopefully they don't phase the EMTs out soon - they still had Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) and the new chick (Cara Buovo) in the credits.
Old 09-25-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
Soaking wet Tia Texada
Amen, Seņor X. Amen.
Originally posted by B.A.
I've never liked Tia Texada - I have been praying for over a year that they kill off her character. They kill off all of the likeable ones, why can't they kill her?
Methinks the new baby and starting every single TV Talk thread has clearly put a strain on B.A.'s thought process. Tia's the hottest chick on this show. [with Sasha and the new EMT bring up the rear...]
Is this a straight cop show w/ special appearances by EMTs every few eps? They have totally written the firemen out of the show and the EMTs are only in it once in a while. I'm pissed the firemen aren't in it anymore. That was one of the nice things about the show - it split time between all three groups and didn't concentrate on just one for several eps at a time.
I most definitely agree with this. However, if what MrX read/wrote is true, well, at least I like these characters..

As for this episode, I liked it. Well, everything except for Sasha and Davis gettin' busy immediately after having the shit kicked outta him and her choked within an inch of her life..

Also, Faith is getting on my nerves. Shame it couldn't be her in the hospital bed instead of Bosco.

I like Aidan as Cruz's new boss. Well, except when he told her to "cover up". Grrrr
Old 09-25-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
It is interesting to a point to see these guys have lives and personalities and not just be crime solvers. However, I think this season is headed towards all the internal strife taking precedence over the "protecting and serving" and I have a feeling it is going to get old, real quick. Anybody else feel the same?
Old 09-25-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rogue588
Methinks the new baby and starting every single TV Talk thread has clearly put a strain on B.A.'s thought process. Tia's the hottest chick on this show. [with Sasha and the new EMT bring up the rear...]

I think she does an okay job on the show, but I have never found her remotely attractive from the neck up. The new EMT is pretty. My favorite was always Alex (Amy Carlson), but they had to kill her off before last season.

Also, Faith is getting on my nerves. Shame it couldn't be her in the hospital bed instead of Bosco.

I like Aidan as Cruz's new boss.
I haven't liked Faith in a couple of years . And having Fred around was even worse - hopefully they do get rid of him and the kids so they don't have to wast e anymore screentime on them.

to Aidan's guest spot.
Old 09-25-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think she does an okay job on the show, but I have never found her remotely attractive from the neck up. The new EMT is pretty.
whoa! Besides being a cutie, some of her best features are above her neck [her eyes and ...lips].