DVD Talk Legend

Received 646 Likes on 446 Posts
Re: Anyone Remember FOX's "Boot Camp?"

I found a single episode posted to Youtube:
Old 04-19-17, 12:28 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I'm looking for the whole season tho. But thanks for letting me know.
Old 04-19-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by MissKatie
It doesn't say in the rules that I can't use different fonts and color.
It shouldn't have to.
Old 04-19-17, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
It shouldn't have to.
So why is the option there if people shouldn't use it?

And who cares? It's not like things are being posted that are difficult to read.
Old 04-19-17, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's kinda cute, she's like a Geocities page come to life.
Old 04-20-17, 04:26 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you and I am not hurting anybody by posting in colors and fonts. If the mods has a problem with it then they can tell me.
If they don't have a problem then I'm going to keep doing it. If people has a problem that I post with a lot of fonts and colors don't read it. I really would like to know how this turned into something else and not about the show boot camp and how I can find the whole season? Kinda silly if you ask me that people are getting all worked up over me posting in fonts and colors.

Originally Posted by andicus
So why is the option there if people shouldn't use it?

And who cares? It's not like things are being posted that are difficult to read.
Old 04-20-17, 04:30 PM
Cool New Member

I am not hurting anybody by posting in colors and fonts. If the mods has a problem with it then they can tell me. Not to sound rude or anything like that, However if they don't have a problem then I'm going to keep doing it. If people has a problem that I post with alot of fonts and colors don't read it. I really would like to know how this turned into something else and not about the show boot camp and how I can find the whole season? Kinda silly if you ask me that people are getting all worked up over me posting in fonts and colors. If they have a block button on here people should use it if they have a problem with what I post.

Originally Posted by Rob V
It shouldn't have to.
Old 04-20-17, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, colors is one thing, but please don't top post. If you're quoting someone, leave their quote on top and post your reply underneath. It's the reverse of emails, but as it's a public forum, it makes it easier for people to follow a thread.

Also, you don't need to reply to every individual post if you're repeating yourself in you're replies. Replying to one negative reaction with your justification, for example, should be enough to apply to all previous negative reactions. If you have a separate point to make with a second post, just make that second point instead of repeating something you've already written.

And welcome to the forum! Threads do spin off on tangents sometimes, but people do try to be helpful. I think the issue with this thread is that there isn't really much help to give; it's a somewhat obscure TV show that only ran for one season due to poor ratings, and was on the air before DVRs caught on and studios started selling all their shows online as they aired, so your only hope is for someone to find an old VHS tape and upload the show to Youtube, which happened for one barely-viewed video.
Old 04-20-17, 05:24 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Jay G.
OK, colors is one thing, but please don't top post. If you're quoting someone, leave their quote on top and post your reply underneath. It's the reverse of emails, but as it's a public forum, it makes it easier for people to follow a thread.

Also, you don't need to reply to every individual post if you're repeating yourself in you're replies. Replying to one negative reaction with your justification, for example, should be enough to apply to all previous negative reactions. If you have a separate point to make with a second post, just make that second point instead of repeating something you've already written.

And welcome to the forum! Threads do spin off on tangents sometimes, but people do try to be helpful. I think the issue with this thread is that there isn't really much help to give; it's a somewhat obscure TV show that only ran for one season due to poor ratings, and was on the air before DVRs caught on and studios started selling all their shows online as they aired, so your only hope is for someone to find an old VHS tape and upload the show to Youtube, which happened for one barely-viewed video.
I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on this message board. So I'm sorry if I am posting double i'm sorry and if I'm doing the whole quote thing wrong sorry about that. I heard that it only ran for one season because fox was getting sued by another network.
Old 04-20-17, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard that it only ran for one season because fox was getting sued by another network.
CBS sued FOX over similarities to Survivor, but they dropped to case after reaching settlements with the producers of the show.

http://variety.com/2001/biz/news/cbs...mp-1117852428/
“CBS and Survivor Prods. have agreed to dismiss their claim against Fox Broadcasting because CBS and Survivor Prods. had earlier reached confidential settlements with LMNO and Granada which resolved the case to the satisfaction of each of those parties,” Kendall said...

Another reason for the settlement could be the fact that “Boot Camp” isn’t a strong contender to return to Fox’s sked any time soon. After a solid ratings start, show lost steam.
There was actually a spin-off in 2002 called Celebrity Boot Camp that was the same premise, and same boot camp instructors, but with celebrities. So that was after the copyright cases were settled/dismissed. That only a lasted a season too, so the problem seems to have been ratings:
http://gameshows.wikia.com/wiki/Celebrity_Boot_Camp
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360252/

Some footage of Celebrity Boot Camp:
Old 04-20-17, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.

I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on this message board. So I'm sorry if I am posting double i'm sorry and if I'm doing the whole quote thing wrong sorry about that. I heard that it only ran for one season because fox was getting sued by another network.
Just to point out another feature, you can also multi-quote by clicking on the icon with the "+ in it for each post you want to quote, and then clicking on "reply" for the last one. That is how I got the above quotes.