Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
The O.C. - 01/21/04

Oliver needs to go die.
Old 01-21-04, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The O.C. - 01/21/04

Originally posted by BigDaddy
Oliver needs to go die.
Like I said in the thread about last weeks episode, I really like this one. Oilver finally became the bad guy that everyone knew he was and seeing Ryan deck him was probably one of the best parts of the entire series (i know I cheered when it happened).

The music continues to amazing on the show, with great use of Damien Rice's "Cannonball" towards the end of the episode.
Old 01-21-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Well, to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Was happy to see that Luke was still wise to Oliver and I was very happy that Ryan FINALLY got a few shots in on the shithead. Who cares if Marissa thinks he's nuts after that, it was satisfying as a viewer to see Ryan punch him.

And I loved when Sandy was telling Seth how un-funny Danny was. Finally someone to agree w/ Seth and anyone watching the damn spectacle.

Last edited by B.A.; 01-21-04 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-21-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked when Ryan decked that punk as well. Oliver's eery/bloody smile was crazy, it showed his true intentions. I'll be glad when Oliver is gone. And thank God that Danny will not be recurring - that kid was more annoying than Oliver anyday. Seth and Summer just need to happen, she is super hot. I was happy to see Ryan take an active role in discovering Oliver's true intentions, too bad he might get expelled.
Old 01-21-04, 09:09 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Other then Oliver it was a decent episode.

It was funny seeing Brad from Grounded For Life on here as the the unfunny version of Seth. Seth and his dad's converstion about him in the kitchen after Sandy met him was great.

"He makes Marissa look funny"
Old 01-21-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought this was the worst episode of the series to date. Thank God Oliver's days are numbered. Although I'll admit, he wasn't the most annoying character tonight. That (dis)honor goes to that Leno-Tivoing piece of crap that Summer was pretending to like. What the hell is with this show suddenly introducing these complete wastes of space in order to drive a wedge between the people who are dating?

The only good scene tonight was Sandy telling Seth how unfunny the guy was. How they were the only two who noticed this is beyond me. That dude made Whoopi look like she has comedic talent.
Old 01-21-04, 10:59 PM

You know whats more annoying than Oliver, these damn 3 week breaks. Whats that, like 3 episodes in the last 2 months. I know the holidays were mixed in there but come on. I can't go that long without my OC fix!

Good episode by the way. I really like the way they are showing more of Summer's soft side. Makes here seem so much more likeable. Anna's got to go. Im comin over to the other side.
Old 01-22-04, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the writers have basically ruined The O.C. for me. The Oliver storyline has gotten ridiculous on all levels. I feel nothing for Oliver or Marissa or Ryan. I hope the writers are fired for writing such drivel. This used to be such a 'different' kind of show, with comedy and drama over the top. But this 'love' triangle is such crap!

I did like seeing the kid from 'Grounded for Life', as Summer's new 'funny guy'. He's a great character on 'Grounded'.

Chris
Old 01-22-04, 12:10 AM

Location: noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Great episode. As much as I hated Luke during the first half of the season, i'm starting to like the guy since we both have a mutual hatred of Oliver. Based on the previews it does look like Oliver's run is coming to an end, though. Too bad Danny's not gonna be locked in that room w/ Oliver and Marissa 3 weeks from now... then maybe we could get a 2-for-1.

"Just give me the word and I will drop the Great Gatsby."

That was Luke's best line all season!!
Old 01-22-04, 12:37 AM

My fave line this week goes to Luke:

"Well, just give me the word, and I will drop the Great Gatsby (punches his fists together)!"

hahahahaha... Luke always gets the bad lines ("Welcome to the O.C. bitch!")

As for the show....I loved the episode, but Marissa's been given too many chances. She sleeps with luke, o.d.s, she shoplifts, she almosts get Ryan caught with alcohol while driving, she hangs out with another guy constantly, and she doesn't trust that Ryan is always looking out for her. If it were me, I'd have dropped her like a bio class (after i got head, of course:P). Yes, Oliver sucks, but boy is he devilishly slick...

I love the whole Seth love triangle. Capt. Oats

Yeah.... I do love this show
Old 01-22-04, 12:38 AM

Dammit Papawheelie, you beat me too it! Dammit you
Old 01-22-04, 01:13 AM

Location: noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Originally posted by indy2029
Dammit Papawheelie, you beat me too it! Dammit you
I only beat you by 27 minutes ... anyway, that's a great line, you can't say it enough. With that said:

"Well, just give me the word, and I will drop the Great Gatsby."
Old 01-22-04, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was another horrible espisode for me. Ever since this Oliver kid came into the storyline the show in its whole has been very weak. I hope it picks itself up.
Old 01-22-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed. Oliver is taking The OC down, and down fast. I watch it more for the subplots involving Sandy, Kirsten, etc than the main characters now.

Here is a spoiler for something that is supposed to happen in the upcoming weeks, according to TVGal. Don't read if you don't want to know:

Spoiler:
Seth and Summer get to know each other in the biblical sense. I think that is pretty much how she phrased it as well. So I guess that Seth and Anna are going to be over soon, as it was hinted in this episode.
Old 01-22-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
The Ryan/Marissa/Oliver dynamic be the first love 'triangle' in a soap that nobody gives a rat's ass about.

Seth definitely needs to hook up with Summer.
Old 01-22-04, 08:18 AM

Episode was ... blah.
Not many funny moments, Ryan is becoming annoying, Luke was annoying when he was laughing at Danny, Danny was well ANNOYING, and I don't really like Oliver.

Previews for the next episode look good, Seth should be worth some good laughs.

I think I'm going to go back and watch some of the older episodes before Oliver ... ahh the good old days.
Old 01-22-04, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This episode was more entertaining than "Angel".

Also enjoyed the "Great Gatsby" line by Luke.

Sandy and Seth's agreement on the non-funny gentile was some good father-son bonding.

Could Summer get any cuter?

Could Anna get more clingy?

Could Julie get more lucky?

Could Kirsten get more charitable to her detriment?

Could Sandy and Jimmy really make it as restaurant partners?

Could Oliver be more of a puppeteer?

Could Marissa be more clueless?

Could Ryan need more lessons from "The Art of War" by Sun-Tzu?

Could Luke be a better sidekick than Seth?

Could Seth be more romantically tortured?
Old 01-22-04, 02:47 PM

Maybe having Danny in the same episode as Oliver was a little too much, but I still really liked it. I like the Oliver storyline, he's a bad, bad, boy and I'm sure looking forward to him getting his upcummance.
Old 01-22-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Well I may hate Oliver, but he was right at the end of the show before he got beat down. Ryan should just let Oliver have Marissa, since they don't make sense together, and in 10 year's he won't give a rat's ass about her. If she's dumb enough to get involved with psycho boy she deserves whatever she gets as well.
Old 01-22-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by MrX
Seth and his dad's converstion about him in the kitchen after Sandy met him was great.

"He makes Marissa look funny"
I thought Sandy's line was funnier.

"He makes Ryan look funny!"

That is saying a lot!
Old 01-23-04, 06:49 AM

I can't wait for Oliver's demise! I'm really glad they only had that guy Danny on this one time...he was annoying as hell. Looks like Anna is out of the picture...woohoo! I liked her better when she was trying to make Summer jealous for Seth....now she's just clingy and obnoxious. I can't wait 3 weeks! That's torture.
Old 01-24-04, 06:01 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i used to look forward to watching the OC

with Oliver, i almost dread it . I have to watch but i just want it to end

Marissa and Lana from Smallville must be the most drippy witless bints ever on tv !

they need some rough animal sex !