TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

10-8 anyone?

Old 12-07-03, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10-8 anyone?

I've been watching this since the beginning and it really is a pretty good show. The characters aren't really developed yet but it's getting there. Anyone else watch? Haven't seen any threads on it so maybe not but you might could catch up over the mid season break..
Old 12-07-03, 11:51 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The ads are confusing to me. The first ads made it look like a comedy a la "Reno 911" but the newest ads make it look like a "Third Watch" clone. What kind of show is it?
Old 12-08-03, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not a comedy, just a straight cop show with multiple police unit stories going on at the same time.. Each deputy has a trainee that they are teaching the ropes to.. Each of them has their own way of doing things and it makes for a pretty different type of cop show.
Old 12-08-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, ABC did an absolutely pathetic job promoting this show. I almost skipped it because it looked so stupid. It's a drama, and a surprisingly good one, but it's not a DRAMA. It's actually a perfect show for an 8pm family timeslot, and there's really nothing else like it on TV right now. Oddly enough, it's not because it's terribly unique; in fact, quite the contrary. It's just a straight-forward drama with good likeable characters and entertaining weekly stories.

das
Old 12-08-03, 08:53 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
I watched the first 3 episodes of this show and eventually gave up on it. It wasn't unique enough for me to devote an hour to it every week.
Old 12-08-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I think it's a great show - it's my biggest surprise this season for an hour-long show. It's a great drama, w/ small doses of comedy thrown in sporadically. Great cast, too.

It really works for me because I don't have anything conflicting w/ this time-slot. I have yet to be disappointed w/ an ep.
Old 12-08-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They've made some smart changes early on too, dropping Indigo (who felt out of place) and bringing in the Lopez character and upping the cast even more with the recent addition of Jamie Luner.

das
Old 12-08-03, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by B.A.hist
I think it's a great show - it's my biggest surprise this season for an hour-long show. It's a great drama, w/ small doses of comedy thrown in sporadically. Great cast, too.
Quoth das Monkey
Yeah, ABC did an absolutely pathetic job promoting this show. I almost skipped it because it looked so stupid. It's a drama, and a surprisingly good one, but it's not a DRAMA. It's actually a perfect show for an 8pm family timeslot, and there's really nothing else like it on TV right now. Oddly enough, it's not because it's terribly unique; in fact, quite the contrary. It's just a straight-forward drama with good likeable characters and entertaining weekly stories.
Sorry... I just had a Karen Sisco flashback. ABC

I'll check the most recent episode out, probably tomorrow. I've actually been intrigued by it.
Old 12-08-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Sorry... I just had a Karen Sisco flashback. ABC
Karen is still my favorite new show, besides The O.C., but I try not to think about it - I just hope it comes back when they said it will (in March). I get too pissed thinking about how they handled that one, putting it up against L&O and all.
Old 12-08-03, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like 10-8. The way trainies are treated is very realistic.
EDIT to add DVDtalk link: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...light=training

Last edited by DeputyDave; 12-08-03 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-08-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by das Monkey
They've made some smart changes early on too, dropping Indigo (who felt out of place) and bringing in the Lopez character and upping the cast even more with the recent addition of Jamie Luner.

das
I definitely like the switch from Indigo's character to Lopez, who is much better paired up w/ Jablonski.

Has Jamie Luner become a permanent cast member yet? Or is she just guest-starring? She's really good on the show and they need to keep her around, imo.
Old 12-08-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Still just guest starring as of last night.

das
Old 12-08-03, 11:44 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd love to watch this show, but my allegience is to The Simpsons, and it wouldn't do me much good watching only the 2nd 1/2 hour.
Old 12-09-03, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok... Saw the most recent ep. yesterday (aired Sunday). I really enjoyed it, and immediately set up a Season Pass for it. The hour (44 minutes) went by quickly.

Might be something else I watch with the stepson (I'll try the next episode with him). I was expecting closure with the stolen purse storyline, and in hindsight it's interesting that all didn't end rosy there (I was that hours later, they bumped into the guy and he was standing in the road looking through the purse). So unless I missed it, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't all happy endings (unless I did miss it!).

I liked the no-nonsense lady cop. Kinda reminds me of an awake Janeane Garafalo without the self-righteousness and the lesbianism.

Was distracted by when they showed the precinct they always seemed to have to pan to the sign showing the name. I think we can figure it out (like on Alias, when they pan across the First Interstate, or whatever it is now, building, we know they are at headquarters in LA).

Perhaps when Simpsons begins mid-season repeats, you could give this one a shot, aktick.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 12-10-03 at 08:51 AM.