TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tru Calling 11/04

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-03, 02:16 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Tru Calling 11/04

Another episode that followed the formula. This show can't seem to resolve anything without a twist so it was pretty easy to figure out who molested the girl as a child when they said she had a memory.

The big event of the episode was the ending. Can't wait to see how they explain how Davis knows her secret.
Old 12-05-03, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this was on tonight? I completely forgot, and yet with this ponderously tired formula being utilized ad nauseum, I somehow feel like I've missed absolutely nothing. Someone please explain to me why Eliza hasn't fired her agent? With this show being as appallingly unoriginal as it is I'm ALMOST tempted to think she might as well be starring on Tarzan.
Old 12-05-03, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The good:
- Eliza (of course)

- "day one" only took up the first 15 mins of the show, unlike some previous eps. where it'd take up to 30 mins

- The last 30 seconds- I didn't see this coming.

The Bad:
- I picked out the bad guy in the opening teaser. It was so obvious.

- "The moon and the stars" - uh, could this "revelation" be handled any worse?

- The last 30 seconds- I'm not sold on the idea of Tru suddenly getting a teammate to help her.
Old 12-05-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also glad Davis is in on it.

I know this show is formulaic, but I still like it. It has it's own goofy charm.
Old 12-05-03, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The ending was the best part of the show, when Davis mentioned "the calling".
Old 12-05-03, 07:57 AM

i thought the whole premise of the "experiment" with the med students was pretty lame...overall a pretty bad episode.
Old 12-05-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
The best part of the show was Eliza in that black dress.
Old 12-05-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
was anyone else waiting for Keifer S. to come in and tell them it isn't a good idea to mess with death that way?
Old 12-05-03, 09:44 AM

I watched this for the first time and I must say (not to bash on people that enjoy this show) that it was very lame. Being someone actually in the medical profession I just wanted to cringe every time someone said something. Now other people have been saying that this is a generally bad episode. Are all of the others like this?
Old 12-05-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought this week's show was a backslide in a program that had been improving.

1.) The whole "repressed memory" thing is a crock and caused untold misery in the '80s and '90s with innocent people being prosecuted. It was a horrible witch-hunt and some therapists are still engaged in it today although, thankfully, it no longer seems to lead to prosecutions. I hate to see the idea given credence.

2.) The idea that "flatlining" could recover these memories is just silly.

3.) "The moon and the stars" revelation was lame as who couldn't have made that connection for years?

Did like the Davis disclosure though. I'm looking forward to seeing what he tells her.
Old 12-05-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with movielib,it was just way too far of a stretch for me to even be able to watch and actually think this could ever happen and i have a pretty good imigination Some of the dialogue and the acting of the 3 med students was horrible.

On the plus side the last 30 seconds of it was really good and will atleast make me tune in again next week(or whenever the next new ep airs).
Old 12-08-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I enjoyed it. They have now set things up to keep Tru in the morgue for another whole year since she skipped the MCAT's. Does anyone else think that Davis has the same ability as Tru? He seemed to already know about her missing the MCATs without her telling him... hmmm....