Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-30-03, 12:05 AM   #1
freedexter
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everwood - "My Brother's Keeper" (09.29)

Quote:
My Brother's Keeper
The entire Abbot's family is turned upside down by the return of Dr. Linda Abbott (Marcia Cross, "Melrose Place"), who has been practicing Eastern-based medicine in exotic locations the world. Edna (Debra Mooney), who is blinded with pride, doesn't see her daughter's loneliness, and loses sight of her own life with Irv (John Beasely). But Linda encounters the most resistance from her brother Harold (Tom Amandes) when she announces her decision to join his practice. Meanwhile, Andy (Treat Williams) learns that some 'tweens may be practicing unsafe sex, and is shocked at their parents reaction to the situation. Finally, Bright (Chris Pratt) asks Ephram (Gregory Smith) to keep an eye on Amy (Emily VanCamp), whose odd behavior has everyone worried.
It was a good episode, bordering on preachy with the "sex club" storyline. Plus, the little kid looked like Magilla. Creepy.

Laynie did a 180, thanks to the writers. Last season she was wise and mature and now, she's the drunk slut/bad influence.

The addition of the sister sounds interesting, but I don't know if she would work as a romantic intrest for Andy. Seems a little off.
Old 09-30-03, 06:25 AM   #2
groovrbaby

geez...what the hell is with this show and sex/boob jobs? It's getting a bit old...and extreme. Otherwise, not a horrible episode, mostly just an intro duction to Dr. Abbott's sis. Oh well, Looks like we'll be seeing more of her. Also, Amy's hot, and the whole drunken slut plotline never really planned out. Complete anti-climax.
Old 09-30-03, 08:17 AM   #3
Patman
DVD Talk Hero

Talk about inspired casting to have Claudia Christian play young Edna "abandoning" her 2 young children in the name of serving her country.

I liked Marcia Cross's introduction as Harold's sister, and now new resident of Everwood. The hashing out of past hurts among the Abbotts was done well, good dramatic stuff.

Andy's subplot wasn't as compelling, but Nina finally comes forward with her own big secret that she's been carrying for the past 5 months. Andy and Nina would make a good couple, but you know Andy is going to have some attraction to Harold's sister Linda (much to Harold's inevitable bemusement and eyerolling).

Why has Lanie turned into this booze-seeking-party person, or is she just being a private school student turned loose on a public school system. Ephram's retort to the college guys wanting to throw him and Bright out was short, curt and to the point.
Old 09-30-03, 10:49 AM   #4
djones6746
DVD Talk Legend

I simply like Everwood...while this episode was somewhat tame as far as Drama goes...look at where they live. Everwood is fortunate to have a good cast of people and some pretty decent writers for the show. Anyone want to bet when Doc Brown and Nina will hook up?

Barney Fife
Old 09-30-03, 10:53 AM   #5
Patman
DVD Talk Hero

Over/Under is episode 10 (Andy/Nina hooking up).
Old 09-30-03, 10:55 AM   #6
das Monkey
DVD Talk Hero

Holy carp, this show has a lot of characters. I enjoyed the episode, although it wasn't anything overly special. While I'd rather everyone be super happy and have Amy locked up in my closet ... I mean, over for dinner sometime ... I like where they're taking these characters, and I hope they have some good plans for this season.

das

You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion. -- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert