Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Threat Matrix 9/25 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-03, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threat Matrix 9/25 thread

Thought the second episode was better than the first.

The things I liked:
- More Kelly Rutherford - a great character for her
- Incorporation of the Patriot Act into the plot
- teh drugs/terrorism link
- the first 5 minutes, which were very well done
Old 09-26-03, 10:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I liked the pilot, but this show won't last in this timeslot.. Survivor, Friends, Temptation Island, Jamie Kennedy, etc - All against this new show. This will suffer the same death as Push Nevada did. That's a shame, because it seems like it could be a good show, but I don't have 5 PVRs in order to record everything.
Old 09-26-03, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are the overnight ratings. Doesn't look too bad!

A super-sized season premiere of "Friends" and the opening of "Will & Grace" averaged 15.0/23 to win the 8 o'clock hour for NBC. "Survivor: Pearl Islands" did a strong 11.7/18 to finish second. ABC's "Threat Matrix" dipped slightly in its second week, to 4.7/8. The first hour of "WWE Smackdown!" (3.0/5 average from 8 to 10 p.m.) put UPN in fourth. The WB averaged 2.3/4 with "Steve Harvey's Big Time" and "The Jamie Kennedy Experiment." FOX trailed with the finale of "Temptation Island 3."

So if ABC was happy with last weeks ratings, they must be very happy with last nights ratings, since the ratings only dipped slightly going against Friends and Survivor. I think if the ratings remain stable, we shall see this show for the full season.

Chris
Old 09-26-03, 01:12 PM

That's amazing that it did so well. I actaully think it can withstand the timeslot just because of the counter programming angle. For people who aren't Friends junkies and are tired of reality tv, this is their show.
Old 09-26-03, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by javanut
That's amazing that it did so well. I actaully think it can withstand the timeslot just because of the counter programming angle. For people who aren't Friends junkies and are tired of reality tv, this is their show.

Couldn't have said it better!

Chris
Old 09-26-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I watched it, but felt the whole "we are our own worst enemy" stuff was a little preachy and annoying.
Old 09-26-03, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
I watched it, but felt the whole "we are our own worst enemy" stuff was a little preachy and annoying.

Sometimes the truth is!

Chris
Old 09-26-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by spainlinx0

That's what I felt about last week's episode too.
Old 09-26-03, 04:29 PM

Maybe it is preachy but maybe it's also a message people need to hear.
Old 09-27-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

She's nothing spectacular, but for some reason Melora Walters gives me the hot.

I agree that this one was a little preachy and annoying. On the other hand, we're not building the best track record on responding to subtlety and personal responsibility either, so I guess I don't mind too much. While preachy, the message is true. I'm going to get annoyed if they keep it up, though.

das
Old 09-27-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The best part of the show was Kelly Rutherford. The rest of the cast isn't too shabby either.

I liked the ep, but I don't want to see a "preachy" show week after week, now that would be annoying.
Old 09-27-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Argh! I was watching Survivor and set my VCR to record Thread Matrix. But somehow my VCR messed up on the recording so I couldn't watch the episode.
Old 09-28-03, 01:09 AM
Banned

Despite the conservative bent of the show, I do find myself enjoying it.

The writing and the acting are top-notch.

(BTW, seems to me that another message that could be taken from the last episode is that all drugs should be legalized, so that their selling is NOT used to fund terrorism. After all, no one is funding terrorism by selling alcohol. 'Nuff said.........)
Old 09-28-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by FranksAndBeans
(BTW, seems to me that another message that could be taken from the last episode is that all drugs should be legalized, so that their selling is NOT used to fund terrorism. After all, no one is funding terrorism by selling alcohol. 'Nuff said.........)
Nice spin on things. Actually I completely agree.
Old 09-28-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Despite the conservative bent of the show, I do find myself enjoying it.

The writing and the acting are top-notch.

That's what I was thinking while watching as well, but I think the writers were trying to promote a different message.
Old 09-28-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I watched the first two episodes this weekend. Not spectacular, but its good. I definately enjoyed the second episode more than the first. Unlike some new shows that have shown signs of tiring there concept after two episodes, this one at least has the potential to remain fresh throughout its run....however long that may be.

But what happened to the deaf girl?
I found her very peculiar in the first episode, I thought it pretty novel, but she was nowhere to be seen in episode 2.
Old 09-30-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Episode 1.2

I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy this show on a weekly basis. It's not bad while watching, but I find it doesn't leave you with much to digest afterwards either.

Maybe it's a little too slick, and things are too easily uncovered. After a while, perhaps the procedural aspects of hunting down terrorist will get old.
Old 09-30-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You are so right. But yours is not just "another" message, it's the correct message. The show got it wrong, like those stupid antidrug commercials awhile back.