Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Monk (08/01)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Monk (08/01)

I just got a chance to watch this episode. That speed dating scene had me laughing my ass off.
Old 08-03-03, 03:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The speed dating was great.

I was laughing when he was in the play and took everything off the table and put it in a neat pile and then gently turned the table upside down
Old 08-03-03, 06:32 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved the episode - lots of humor, twists I couldn't see coming and a killer caught on stage that Hitchcock would have been proud of.
Old 08-03-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by MrN
I loved the episode - lots of humor, twists I couldn't see coming and a killer caught on stage that Hitchcock would have been proud of.
Spoiler:
When the "doctor" came on stage in the beginning, and the camera focused on him hovering over the body, it gave the ending away. Hitchcock aside, I'm still unconvinced that someone could pocket a fake knife, take out a real one, and plunge it into a man's chest in front of 300 people without anyone noticing just because he's partially shielding the scene.

Honk!
Old 08-03-03, 10:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Spoiler:
When the "doctor" came on stage in the beginning, and the camera focused on him hovering over the body, it gave the ending away. Hitchcock aside, I'm still unconvinced that someone could pocket a fake knife, take out a real one, and plunge it into a man's chest in front of 300 people without anyone noticing just because he's partially shielding the scene.

Honk!
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Oh, man ROFL LMAO. I havent laughed that hard since i was a little girl. thank you!
Old 08-04-03, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by MrX
I was laughing when he was in the play and took everything off the table and put it in a neat pile and then gently turned the table upside down

I also liked it when the director caught Monk and Sharona reenacting the play.

"You memorized the play after seeing it once?"
"I'm sorry."
Old 08-04-03, 12:10 PM

Who played the understudy? I know I've seen her somewhere before, perhaps on a sitcom?

Edit: Nevermind, I found out. She is Melissa George. She played the hot nanny on Friends.

Last edited by Morf; 08-04-03 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-04-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amy Sedaris (Sharona's sister) looks pretty different from when she was on "Strangers with Candy". I almost didn't recognize her.

This was a good episode. Benji magically appeared for 30 seconds, even though he was gone for most of the episode, sleeping over at a friend or something.
Old 08-04-03, 05:15 PM

As much as I love Monk, this show left me somewhat bothered. Perhaps it's because I'm over thinking this due to my beginning medical school, but any decent autopsy would have revealed the patient asphyxiated due to anaphylactic shock, and that the stab wound was secondary. Seems San Francisco needs some new moraticians...

Bring on the Monk!
Old 08-04-03, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by tycho55
As much as I love Monk, this show left me somewhat bothered. Perhaps it's because I'm over thinking this due to my beginning medical school, but any decent autopsy would have revealed the patient asphyxiated due to anaphylactic shock, and that the stab wound was secondary. Seems San Francisco needs some new moraticians...

Bring on the Monk!
It seemed as though the period of time between the actually murder and the investigation only spanned 1-2 days. I'm not sure how long it takes to perform the autopsy, but you are right. It may be a bit unrealistic, but still an entertaining show.
Old 08-04-03, 08:06 PM
MrN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tycho55

Bring on the Monk!
I had the same issue with the 'Monk goes to School' episode. And I think someone said an autopsy isn't automatically done. Only a homocide detective could probably tell us for sure...