Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dennis Leary Roast 2 (lock again plz)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-03, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis Leary Roast 2 (lock again plz)

Let me get this straight... you're complaining about him being insulting right after a comment like that? A word of warning, any additional comments like that direct to a member here, and administrative action will be taken.
Being an egomaniac isn't an insult, it's a problem. Trigger wasn't offended, and there was no problem. Please think next time before you lock a perfectly good thread.

Btw, it's obvious your going to ban me or lock this thread for no reason again. I guess you can't have an open discussion in this forum.

Last edited by Twang; 08-02-03 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I was offended.
Old 08-02-03, 08:13 PM

black comedians tell jokes about the differences between white people and black people... latinos tell jokes about living in latino suburbs...
I was extremely offended by that comment. Me being a minority, and a comedian for 11 years, you seriously crossed the line. How dare you classify comedy by their race. That was one of the most racists things I've heard in a loonnngg time. Seriously, that was really messed up. You really need to get suspended for that.

Last edited by Twang; 08-02-03 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

1. it's true
2. it's not passing judgement on anyone.
3. you're grasping at straws.

I'm not a racist... I'm offended that you accuse me of it. Saying the word "black" or "latino" doesn't mean I'm racist. As someone who's been doing comedy for 11 years, you should know that alot of comedians make their weight/gender/sexual preference/nationality/height/fashion sense into half their comedy routine.

edited to add: I'm gonna go ahead and walk away from this... you're welcome to have the "last word" if you want. I never reported any of your posts to a moderator and don't intend to, I was just hoping that you'd chill out a little on your own. I haven't been here at DVDTalk for as long as I have by making racist comments or personal attacks. So anyway - peace out.

Last edited by Trigger; 08-02-03 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Many comedians make jokes all the time about their relgion, race sexuallity all the time
examples
john leg..(I can't spell his last name)
chris rock
ellen degeneris
jeff foxworthy
ect
Old 08-02-03, 09:01 PM

1. No it's not. You seriously don't know much about stand-up comedians. I mean, you were the one that says that Bill Hicks got the smoking thing from Andrew Dice Clay, a statement that has so many flaws that I didn't know where to begin. Black comedians aren't all black jokes. That is one of the most racists things that was said probaly in this whole forum. Seriously, who are you to look down at minority comedians. Just because their black doesn't mean they only say black jokes.
2.Um, black/latinos are somebody.
3.What you said was racists

I'm not a racist... I'm offended that you accuse me of it.
I never said you were racists, I said your statement was racists. You didn't read my post thoroughly, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Saying the word "black" or "latino" doesn't mean I'm racist.
Seriously? Tell me more. Looking down at them and talking bad about them is racists.

you should know that alot of comedians make their weight/gender/sexual preference/nationality/height/fashion sense into half their comedy routine.
You skipped a lot of subjects. Theres still the geography, the society at the time, recent events, etc.

Ok, lets say what you just said was true (would be the first time), your current statement would just prove that your previous statement is racists. Half of their act, lets see. Your first statement is that black comedians only talk about black jokes, and that latino comedians only talk about latino jokes. Therefore, you just proved your own statement racists.

I'm gonna go ahead and walk away from this
Good, think about what you just said, and hopefully you will think before you post next time.

you're welcome to have the "last word" if you want.
I don't need to, you just proved yourself guilty with your false current statement.

Many comedians make jokes all the time about their relgion, race sexuallity all the time
Trigger said that all Black comedians just make black jokes, and latino comedians just make latino jokes. He lacks knowledge on stand up comedians and doesn't know that black and latino comedians shouldn't be discriminated.
Old 08-02-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
well, I'M offended at the offensive use of the word "offended" in this thread...

i'm also offended at the misspelling of the word "racist"...

please stop both or i'll be forced to Report this post to a moderator.
Old 08-02-03, 09:15 PM

Rogue your funny.
Old 08-02-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still trying to figure out where Trigger said that black comics ONLY tell jokes about their race, latino comics ONLY tell jokes about their race, etc.

He said that they DO tell jokes about their race, which is true.

You're really looking like one of those people who loves to see racism where it doesn't exist.
Old 08-02-03, 10:29 PM

I really shouldn't post in this thread, seeing as it shouldn't have existed in the first place, but, somehow, I can't help myself.

Frankly, I couldn't give less of a damn about the source of Denis Leary's material (you've been misspelling his name this whole time). What I don't understand, though, is what exactly is racist about saying that black comedians do jokes about the differences about blacks and whites?

A good number of the female comedians I've seen on Comedy Central have been gay, and they've openly admitted it. Then they've made jokes about it (ie. recalling coming out to their family). I laughed, the audience laughed, even the comedian laughed. I'm not looking down on her, nor is anyone else, except maybe homophobes, but that's beside the point. You simply cannot argue that this isn't so. It is a fact that comedians of all colors, genders, and sexual orientations do these types of jokes. Maybe you don't - but others do.

Before you suggest I think before I post, trust me, I have. May I suggest the same to you, though, Twang? Things have gotten completely out of hand in regards to this subject, and for no real reason.

Don't bother replying to what I've said; I won't see it, as I won't be returning to this thread. I simply think you could benefit from taking a long look at the things you've said and maybe realizing that they were not only uncalled for, but fairly rude.

Last edited by futbol; 08-02-03 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And back on subject- Bill Hicks was a hack and sucked as a comedian. Good thing he died when he did or else he would have kept on ripping off other comedians.
Old 08-02-03, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by johnglass
And back on subject- Bill Hicks was a hack and sucked as a comedian. Good thing he died when he did or else he would have kept on ripping off other comedians.
F-off, if you don't have anything to say that would contribute to this thread then please don't post. To say it's a good thing that someone died shows what kind of person you are. I don't care if you like them or not but at least give a little respect.
Old 08-02-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No respect is deserved. He wasn't a poet, he wasn't a philosopher, he wasn't one of the great minds of the 20th century- he was a talentless, bitter man that never made the big time because he didn't have what it took.
Old 08-02-03, 11:39 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by johnglass
No respect is deserved. He wasn't a poet, he wasn't a philosopher, he wasn't one of the great minds of the 20th century- he was a talentless, bitter man that never made the big time because he didn't have what it took.
Hey Denis, I didn't know you were a member of this forum.
Old 08-02-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey Bill, I thought you were dead.

(Isn't it ironic- I just took your material and improved on it!)
Old 08-03-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

and women comedians only make fun of men. This thread will be locked because you continued a pointless argument from another thread. Just get over yourself.
Old 08-03-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
and women comedians only make fun of men. This thread will be locked because you continued a pointless argument from another thread. Just get over yourself.
That's cuz the idiot raciststs mods don't think before locking his posts.
Old 08-03-03, 01:45 AM

I'm still trying to figure out where Trigger said that black comics ONLY tell jokes about their race, latino comics ONLY tell jokes about their race, etc.
black comedians tell jokes about the differences between white people and black people... latinos tell jokes about living in latino suburbs...
I really shouldn't post in this thread
Your correct.

seeing as it shouldn't have existed in the first place
If you haven't noticed, the other thread was locked for no reason. You know, that one argument you began and lost.

I couldn't give less of a damn about the source of Denis Leary's material
Not true. You got mad, angry, frustrated, and eventually had to admit that Denis (you've misspelled it Denis in the title of your thread. I wanted to see how long it would take you to realize that. Took about 4 days.) stole from Bill. Thus ending the dispute.

is what exactly is racist about saying that black comedians do jokes about the differences about blacks and whites?
You should've said "Black comedians often tell jokes about the differences between white people and black people". Start being responsible for your actions, even if it is grammar. Oh yeah, calling you an egomaniac is very extreme (which is true, you posted that the amount of time you spend in this forum determines how smart you are). It's obvious that the mods are going to let this slide since your a forum troll.

Don't bother replying to what I've said; I won't see it, as I won't be returning to this thread.
The fact that you work so hard to get across the point that you won't be seeing this thread anymore just proves how much you will be seeing this thread. You see Trigger, you point yourself in an awkward position. If you reply, you look like an idiot, if you don't reply, you look like an idiot.

I simply think you could benefit from taking a long look at the things you've said and maybe realizing that they were not only uncalled for, but fairly rude.
Actually, the reason I posted was to help you realize how wrong you were. Unfortunately, the only thing you said after being proved wrong was "oh yeah, I don't care anymore".

Are you retarded? Seriously, I got a warning for calling somebody a harmless name, and I shouldn't be making fun of you right now. I'm usually tolerance of ignorance (hence Trigger), but you crossed the line.

There is no subject, never was. It was a silly argument that was won easily. The argument wasn't about how funny Bill Hicks was, but the fact that Denis Leary stole from Bill.

The most pathetic part of that sentence is "or else he would have kept on ripping off other comedians."

I doubt you can come up with an ounce of evidence that Bill stole from anybody. I doubt you know what your talking about.

Again, a matter of opinion. I posted that many times. I'm not sure if you even read the first thread, but you tend to talk about things that you are clueless about.

Hey Bill, I thought you were dead.

(Isn't it ironic- I just took your material and improved on it!)
The only way that would be ironic is if you stole the material, made it into an empty joke, turned the whole philosophy around, get rich and famous off it, and gave no credit whatsoever to the original writer.

Well, this pointless argument is finally over. All that's left is that other forum troll, Johnglass, who rants on things he has no clue about on his free time (which apparently he has a lot of).

Argument won. Thread dead. Point gone across. Mod (hypocrite), your welcome to lock the thread/ban me, my work here is done.

Good night.
Old 08-03-03, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Twang
Rogue your funny.

Dear god, man.

Y-o-u-'-r-e = You are

Y-o-u-r = your
Old 08-03-03, 02:04 AM

OMG, NOT THE GRAMMAR ATTACKS! WHAT TO DO?
Old 08-03-03, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Twang
You see Trigger, you point yourself in an awkward position. If you reply, you look like an idiot, if you don't reply, you look like an idiot.
Who's an idiot? You spent all that time replying to futbol and WildcatLH's posts as if I had posted them. You also not only insulted me, you insulted the moderators. At least figure out who you're talking to before freaking out on them.

As a side note - I think you picked the right career path... you're hilarious.
Old 08-03-03, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Twang •<HR SIZE=1>OMG, NOT THE GRAMMAR ATTACKS! WHAT TO DO? <HR SIZE=1>

OMG KELLY!!!
Old 08-03-03, 03:59 AM

edited to add: I'm gonna go ahead and walk away from this...
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

you're hilarious
You're correct, Mr. Gullible.

I'm about to be banned soon, so I thought I'd make you eat your own words again

Last edited by Twang; 08-03-03 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-03-03, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by das Monkey
OMG KELLY!!!
This is the last post your gonna get from me in this thread, so STFU!!
Old 08-03-03, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been attacked far worse as far as my grammar/spelling.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.