Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Synergy and the All Star Baseball Game on Fox

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-16-03, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone looking at the first minutes of last night's All Star Baseball game, last night on Fox, would think that they were watching ANYTHING BUT a baseball game, and maybe their local cable "head end" screwed up the feed and had the "E" Network on !

What's up with the excessive "League of Gentlemen" movie tie-in at the intro ????? It went toooooooooooooooooooo far, for my taste, and I switched it off to another channel !!!

Isn't it enough that we endure "The Bug", and those excessively intrusive show promos all over our cable viewing dial, on a regular basis ?

FX/FOX is the WORST, by far, lately ! If they're not pushing their BOMB of the Moment show "Lucky", by taking up half of the screen, and show program audio with the slot machine crap, it's Spike TV/TNN/or whatever their network name is this week, with their bug/program promo crapola !

EGOD !!!!! I've had enough of it....hows about you ?????
Old 07-16-03, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The league tie-in was very excessive and then cutting off the Candian anthem. Good job by Fox
Old 07-16-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Why oh why Sean Connery did you stoop so low with the stupid LXG tie in with the All-star Game? It was lame and lasted way too long. I also remembered why I usually don't watch the All-Star Game: the announcers are horrible. Being a White Sox fan I wished they had used the Sox announcers, it would have been less painful and far more interesting.

I did appreciate the fact that FOX showed the tribute to Doby

I kept wanted to tell whoever sang the national anthem that if you're going on national (and international) television, you should wear something you don't have to hold up as you walk to the mic!
Old 07-16-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

vanessa carlton.. ugh
Old 07-16-03, 08:24 AM
razorbackfan

I forgot how bad FOX was about self promotion and showing all their "celebrities" in the crowd.
Old 07-16-03, 08:34 AM
Banned

Welcome to Popup tv.

To bad there isn't an adblocker I can use.
Old 07-16-03, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by lisadoris
Why oh why Sean Connery did you stoop so low with the stupid LXG tie in with the All-star Game? It was lame and lasted way too long. I also remembered why I usually don't watch the All-Star Game: the announcers are horrible. Being a White Sox fan I wished they had used the Sox announcers, it would have been less painful and far more interesting.

I did appreciate the fact that FOX showed the tribute to Doby

I kept wanted to tell whoever sang the national anthem that if you're going on national (and international) television, you should wear something you don't have to hold up as you walk to the mic!
lisadoris,

As for Sean, is it me, or are his dentures slipping and not on tight ?

If you listen to the verrrrrrrrrry small clips of his dialogue in the film, he sounds like he needs some Polygrip !

Imagine, not telling Sean Connery that his dentures need to be tighter, and letting him make a whole film sounding like an decrepit old Fart ?