Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Spider-Man cartoon begins July 11th on MTV

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-03, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by Iron_Giant
I copy both shows to my computer and edited out the ads, then I created a DVD of the 2 shows.
dude, seriously. I know you may be impressed with yourself about creating DVDs of tv shows you see on TV, but we really don't need to hear about it in every post.
Old 07-13-03, 08:19 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw the first two episodes (though I missed the ending of the second one - thanks for lagging MTV). I liked the second one better especially the decapitation scene - and we see the heads on the wall. Imagine that the director making himself known in a cartoon!

The animation was interesting but could have been better - everything looks too clean. Like when the guy is thrown out the window in the first episode, where's the broken glass? I think they need more texture but that might be asking them to spend too much since this is computer animation.

I'll watch, for now - looks like they're picking up the story where the movie left off.

Bendis is good.
Old 07-13-03, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally watched one episdoe, curious because I enjoyed the early 90's series.

The characters are nicely done, but the background animation is unispired and dull.

Music is horrible.

I'll pass.

P.S.
When will cell animation make a comeback? CG films like anything from Pixar are excellent, but again Hollywood's oversaturating it.
Old 07-13-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Iron_Giant
I copy both shows to my computer and edited out the ads, then I created a DVD of the 2 shows.
Funny thing is your comments to the guy who had the copy of the matrix reloaded were looking down on this sort of action yet you partake on this and pretty much mention it every chance you get. Maybe you shouldn't have taken the stance you did in that thread because you have to also apply it to this and in your stance against pirating goes against your actions..
Old 07-13-03, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I missed it (see what happens when you can care less about MTV?). When are they rerunning it?
Old 07-13-03, 10:56 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by Eric F
I missed it (see what happens when you can care less about MTV?). When are they rerunning it?
Daily. Seriously. It was on Sat and Sunday, and will be on
Jul 15 02:00am
Jul 15 02:30am
Jul 17 04:00pm
Jul 17 04:30pm
Old 07-13-03, 11:00 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

I thought it was okay. The animation will take some getting used to for me, and it may take a while before I stop thinking "Doogie" while watching.
I was impressed people actually died in the episodes, and look forward to seeing the more well known villans down the road-like next week.
Old 07-14-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am a HUGE spider-man fan from way back and I LOVED this show! I loved everything about it. I thought the animation was great! My favorite non action bit of animation was the car going into the concrete. Very cool.

I missed the ending of both episodes because I didn't pad my Tivo recording.
Old 07-14-03, 11:32 AM

Wow. I was thoroughly impressed. I'll be tuning in to this regularly.
Old 07-14-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CharlesC
I missed the ending of both episodes because I didn't pad my Tivo recording.
Don't you hate that? I think I added 5 minutes to the end of the second one and that was just barely enough.
Old 07-14-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
The animation will take some getting used to for me.. seems like they can't decide on a 3D or 2D look. And MJ's head looks weird.
Old 07-15-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The video game animation style gave me a headache, but most video game animation do that, which is why I don't play them anymore.
Old 07-15-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Personally, I loved the animation. Very different, and like someone said before, reminicent of the cell-shaded phenomenon going on in videogames right now. Which is ironic, because videogames do that to make it look more like a cartoon.

The interaction between characters is a little awkward due to the animation, though... I noticed this especially when Osbourne was teasing Mary Jane, and went to hold her in his arms. I also think Mary Jane's character looks... weird. And I thought Harry was actually Flash Thompson because of the radically different character designs from movie to comic... though it was a smart move tying it into the movie like that.

The action sequences are amazing, though. I did notice that they seemed to use the exact same "spidey's chest get's slashed" model in both episodes... and that characters tend to leave their arms extended awkwardly. But those action sequences, and "bullet-time" effects are done really well.

This "five minute padding" and no show descriptions really messes with my TIVO, though. I missed the last five minutes of the second episode (unfortunately, right when Spidey grabbed that girl's sword). I guess I'll setup a timed recording... how did other people do it? Are there two new eps every week?
Old 07-15-03, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm basically just going to record them all and delete the ones I don't want. I readded the season pass and it seems to find more episodes now.

I thing I hate about the character designs: Mary Jane has her hip bones sticking out! Its bad enough I have to see this on real live people.
Old 07-15-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by fujishig
This "five minute padding" and no show descriptions really messes with my TIVO, though. I missed the last five minutes of the second episode (unfortunately, right when Spidey grabbed that girl's sword). I guess I'll setup a timed recording... how did other people do it? Are there two new eps every week?
I don't think there's any good way of doing it! I just set up a season pass to catch new episodes, go in and manually add 5 minutes to the second episode and then delete the constant duplicates played throughout the week.

The same thing applies to South Park. When they actually play new ones, that is....
Old 07-15-03, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by fujishig
My TiVo picked up the episodes that were on late at night (around 1 AM, if I remember correctly) and they didn't need any padding at all.
Old 07-16-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I manually taped it on Friday night and did not need padding. However, the second time I taped them, it did.

If a friend hadn't told me about it, I would have missed it because I don't watch MTV. But the time issues used to occur in Celebrity Deathmatch (I loved that show).

I didn't see any of the commercials or hype so did not know until I was watching it that it was CG. It was a bit of a surprised, but I liked it. The dialogue for Spidey was great. Typical smart mouth comments, I love it! I plan to continue to watch.
Old 07-16-03, 04:41 PM

I still haven't caught this, but will be tivoing it one of these days, kinda ot but does anyone know about this new cartoon network show that was from the creators of aeon flux? SOmething Arthur I think?....