Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-03, 06:05 PM   #1
immortal_zeus
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody watch the MTV Movie Awards?

I have to say that I was really disappointed with the parodies (or lack thereof). The parodies are usually the main reason I watch the show (that, and the hotties). Also I was saddened by the absence of Triumph.

Speaking of Triumph, what was up with Eminem's 2nd acceptance speech? I think it was the Best Male category. He was like singing or some crap. I totally didn't understand that.

I liked most of the performances, especially t.A.t.U., although their performance seemed to be a mix of live singing and lip-syncing...but mostly lip-syncing. 50 Cent was good.

All in all, I think this was one of the worst MTV Movie Awards in recent memory. It just seemed so pedestrian. The comic theme was pretty cool and the little cartoon blurbs right before the introduction of the nominees were sometimes funny, but I think the show was lacking. Maybe it was because of Seann William Scott and Justin Timberlake?

You broke out--let me see if I can get this straight--you went down the incinerator chute, on the mine car, through the tunnels to the power plant, under the steam engine--that was really cool, by the way--and into the cistern through the intake pipe, but how, in the name of Zeus's BUTTHOLE, did you get out of your cell? I only ask because in our current situation, well, it could prove to be useful information, MAYBE!

Old 06-06-03, 06:12 PM   #2
Jeremy517
DVD Talk Legend

There is a large discussion going on in the Movie Talk forum. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=297198

Old 06-07-03, 04:55 AM   #3
Blaster1
DVD Talk Special Edition

The second Eminem speech was taken from the show Crank Yankers. They have a character called Special Ed who calls people on the phone and just repeats stuff over and over. I agree that the sketches weren't very good in this.

Old 06-07-03, 12:41 PM   #4
quashmonger

They should do the show live -- so as to add some element of danger or excitement to what has become an overly-hyped, overly-staged event.

Old 06-07-03, 03:24 PM   #5
immortal_zeus
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by quashmonger
They should do the show live -- so as to add some element of danger or excitement to what has become an overly-hyped, overly-staged event.
In the past it was live, wasn't it? I think they stopped doing it this year because of incidents like last year's Eminem/Moby/Triumph thing.

You broke out--let me see if I can get this straight--you went down the incinerator chute, on the mine car, through the tunnels to the power plant, under the steam engine--that was really cool, by the way--and into the cistern through the intake pipe, but how, in the name of Zeus's BUTTHOLE, did you get out of your cell? I only ask because in our current situation, well, it could prove to be useful information, MAYBE!

Old 06-07-03, 03:25 PM   #6
immortal_zeus
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaster1
The second Eminem speech was taken from the show Crank Yankers. They have a character called Special Ed who calls people on the phone and just repeats stuff over and over. I agree that the sketches weren't very good in this.
Oh. Well that's obscure. Who watches Crank Yankers?

Old 06-07-03, 10:07 PM   #7
BizRodian
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No I didn't, it's more annoying then a real award show.

Old 06-09-03, 10:39 AM   #8
Roto
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Anybody watch the MTV Movie Awards?

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Maybe it was because of Seann William Scott and Justin Timberlake?
That's why I didn't watch it. Weird choice for hosts.

Old 06-09-03, 11:36 AM   #9
Jackskeleton
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The choices for host were strange. Not my first pick but eh, they worked out alright.

The problem with doing it live.. kinda hard to work around Yoda's schedule.

I'm sure they still needed to do a lot of the segments and if done live, it might have been a bit more entertaining, though we did see a lot of flubbs as it is.

Old 06-09-03, 12:34 PM   #10
RoQuEr
DVD Talk Limited Edition

didn't watch. What was the movie comedy sketch? Last years was spiderman, and 2 years ago was LOTR, what is this years?

Old 06-09-03, 01:35 PM   #11
Dead
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by juiio
There is a large discussion going on in the Movie Talk forum. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=297198

Let's keep all the discussion in that thread.

Closed Thread