Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 : Day 2: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM -- Season Finale

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 : Day 2: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM -- Season Finale

Old 05-20-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
They did the typical hints that Palmer is dead. When the clock hits 8:00 AM, you hear a last faint breath, and the ever famous "God Shot", which usually means the bastard is dead. Of course this is 24 and being misleading wouldn't be a first.

Only 6 months til we find out.

Last edited by RichC2; 05-20-03 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-20-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great season...
Old 05-20-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Man..once I saw Palmer out in the open, I knew what was going to happen..like most here, I hope he doesn't die. [Though, for a while there I thought Jack was gonna buy it on the stretcher after seeing Kim..]

While I don't think season 3 will take place during the next day, I think it'll be a week or so later..I also agree that [if they don't kill Palmer], season 3 will involve the hunt for an antidote..
Old 05-20-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, I am truly going to miss this show. I was afraid to switch the channel during the commercial for fear of missing anything! I know Palmer's going to live (albeit after some sort of high-suspense medical procedure), because he's such a great character. As for the next season, we should start another thread just for speculation (and possibly compare it when the season starts next year).
Old 05-20-03, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I was thinking another bomb was going to go off right behind him during his speach. I wonder how many more seasons they can pull this off for.
Old 05-20-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

same here, i was expecting a bomb to go off or a gun shot going off critically injuring palmer. overall i enjoyed the season and will be ready to buy season 2 on dvd in september
Old 05-20-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At first I thought Palmer was going to be sniped; seeing as they had a shot of all the big tall buildings behind him. I can't believe the Secret Service would allow him to give that speech in such a public area.
Old 05-21-03, 12:15 AM

I think Palmer is alive. You can hear his breath and heartbeat fading in the last few ticks.

I think S3 will take place a few hours after Season 2. So Palmer is hospitalized, Jack is recovering, and everyone gets time to pee and sleep for a bit.
Old 05-21-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Good ending. I was thinking of another bomb when the yacht guy made the call. Killing Palmer is almost as good. I'm sure he'll live. Keifer and Dennis are the only 2 main characters on the show. Everyone else is secondary. There is no way that they would kill off the Pres. It's just a scare. Maybe it's just one of those 24 hour flesh eating viruses.
Old 05-21-03, 12:41 AM

i didnt like the ending. why give a public speech in such an open area when it is so dangerous. even the people around the prez have been shown to be after him. the war has already been stopped, killing palmer accomplishes nothing. while s2 was a very entertaining story, i have a bad feeling about s3 having an incoherent story.
Old 05-21-03, 01:40 AM
Banned

Originally posted by nevermind
To ask:
Do you think Season Three is the very next day or a week or so later?
Some time would have to pass, because as of the moment, the two leads of the show aren't exactly in any position to be running around for another 24 hours.
Old 05-21-03, 01:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Notes on spoiler tags:

If the show has already aired, don't use spoiler tags.
If you're speculating about something, don't use spoiler tags.

Originally posted by Mittman
The big question in my mind is how much time will pass between the end of Season 2 and the start of Season 3? I mean it can't start right away . . . Jack is gong to be in the ICU for at least a day geting healthy again. Right?
The season will start with Jack & President Palmer getting wheeled into the same ER.
Old 05-21-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Static Cling
The season will start with Jack & President Palmer getting wheeled into the same ER.
But, unfortunately, Carter is still in Africa and Romano is without an arm which leaves Abby to take care of 'em. After a few seconds of listening to Abby yammer on endlessly about her family, Palmer decides a flesh eating bacteria would be less painful & Jack says he would rather spend the day with Kim..
Old 05-21-03, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. If Mike had been around, would Palmer have rubbed his face, just to be mean?

2. Did anybody think, just for a second, that they were going to use Palmer's handprint to frame or maybe even clone him?

3. Don't shake the pretty girl's hand, just 'cause she's purty, Dave.

4. Wow! Did I actually see the cutest Press Secretary ever, Tamlyn Tomita?!? Her and Mia in the same show, how cool was that?

I have had my problems with this season, and I still prefer Season One, but I like this show and want to see it again when everything picks up in September.
Old 05-21-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I jsut read an episode summary on canoe.ca, and they said that Palmer is dead. Of course, he could be brought back to life, but I really hope that they are wrong. Palmer was one of my favorite characters (probably my favorite)....
Old 05-21-03, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good ending to a pretty good season.

I certainly hope next season doesn't start at 8:00AM, immediately after this episode ends. Jack might not be able to sustain his "Wolverine-like" healing powers for a whole 48 hours.
Old 05-21-03, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,171 Likes on 4,201 Posts
I really liked it. Somehow I totally missed that the assassin was that same hot chick from season one (I just thought "gee, that actress looks familiar". Having her linked to season one changes everything.

I have one question : I thought David, oops, Mr Palmer, and his staff were holed up in a Camp David-like retreat in Oregon, far away from any metro area. Yet within 10 minutes of real time, they are having a well-attended press conference in clear view of many large downtown buildings, complete with many spectators. How was that possible? Did I miss something?
Old 05-21-03, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Decker
I have one question : I thought David, oops, Mr Palmer, and his staff were holed up in a Camp David-like retreat in Oregon, far away from any metro area. Yet within 10 minutes of real time, they are having a well-attended press conference in clear view of many large downtown buildings, complete with many spectators. How was that possible? Did I miss something?
He flew to L.A. a couple of episodes ago (he watched the bomb go off through the window on the plane).
Old 05-21-03, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
2. Did anybody think, just for a second, that they were going to use Palmer's handprint to frame or maybe even clone him?
I was with you on this one... At first, I thought it was going to be some kind of virus (Note to self: Always trust your first instinct), but when I saw her save the hand thing, I thought it would be a handprint.

Of course, now that I think about it, off of which hand did she take the sheet? When she shook Palmer's hand, she used two hands & it looked like it was the outside of Palmer's hand that was damaged... This seems to imply that the sheet was on the hand which wasn't touching his palm.

And now I'm thinking too much again.
Old 05-21-03, 08:14 AM

I thought the episode was OK, but the real pivotal moment (Mike Novick believing the stuff about Kingsley) was kind of anticlimactic. Once CTU gets behind Jack, it ends pretty quickly.

It would have been more interesting if Kingsley got wise to the bug, and accosted Sheri about it before confirming the Cyprus recordings were faked. Then Prescott would have had a more difficult choice to make.

I really hope Palmer's not dead. That's one fast acting virus! And for what it's worth, does it strike anybody as remotely possible that Mandy wouldn't have infected herself? Unless, say, she had another larger sheet of plastic on underneath the one she peeled off.

Is next season again going to be over a 24 hour time period? Or are they moving away from that.

I think Prescott could still be in the pocket of baddies. He stops the bombing and offers his resignation because that's the only thing he can do, politically. With Palmer dead or incapacitated, he again assumes the powers of the president and can implement yacht-boy's nefarious plans.

What happened to Sherri after she ran out of the Coliseum?
Old 05-21-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Most likely it was a Blister Agent that she gave to Palmer, although it would seem that it was more of a Nerve Agent such as Sarin, which only requires skin contact to kill.

I still think Nina has a major part to play and she will somehow 'escape' from custody and roam around until Jack tracks her down.

As for last night's ep, I was shocked at how fast the ep went by. It was 7:45 before I knew it. I loved Palmer firing Mike and Chapelle getting his own.
Old 05-21-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Did anyone else get a chuckle when Tony uttered "Michelle, see you tomorrow", followed by that cheesy grin. It's almost like he was thinking "Boy, that was cheesy, but I'll be damned if I didn't pull it off".

For me, the lasting image of Season Two will be Tony's "John Wayne" walk once he shed the crutches.
Old 05-21-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by djbrown
Did anyone else get a chuckle when Tony uttered "Michelle, see you tomorrow", followed by that cheesy grin. It's almost like he was thinking "Boy, that was cheesy, but I'll be damned if I didn't pull it off".

For me, the lasting image of Season Two will be Tony's "John Wayne" walk once he shed the crutches.
I was hoping Tony would say something like "Do you want to get a cup of coffee?" and the next shot is of the both of them clearing the desk in the conference room.....
Old 05-21-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Where did everyone get the idea that it is a virus? I'm with Nazgul. As soon as she shook the Prez's hand, I said, out loud, to my wife, "Contact poison!" It's a classic.

Of course, I can tell you that if I was that close to Mia Kershner, my heart would race, my breathing would become erratic, and blisters would start appearing on my palm as well.
Old 05-21-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by tonytapez
who's maureen kingsley?

i think maybe evil yacht guy is working for or related to the evil Dennis Hopper family from last season, just a hunch
The woman who accused Kieth Palmer of murder last season.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.