Search this Thread

Old 05-15-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
All-Star Survivor edition in the works

According to these sources:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...121.art&page=1

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31582

Past survivors get a second chance to compete against each other for a big pay-off, perhaps $2 million this time around.
Old 05-15-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
It would be interesting since they all already know how each other played the game. Hopefully Vecepia and Tina will get voted off right away.
Old 05-15-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<----- lemming ... I'll certainly watch.

Talk about completely changing the dynamic of the game. Instead of a group of strangers, these guys will have studied every aspect of the others' winning strategies before setting foot into the game.

das
Old 05-15-03, 10:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I stopped watching the show since it was getting repetitive for me. However, I think I would tune in for this.

There are problems, however. If they allow previous winners to play, it will skew the voting as those are the folks who will be voted off first. I recall watching a "Weakest Link" featuring Survivor contestants where Richard Hatch was voted off first out of spite, even though he was clearly the strongest player.
Old 05-15-03, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few questions about Survivor...

1.) Does anyone know how much each place gets paid?
I know it's $1,000,000 for first, and $100,000 for second, but what about the rest?

2.) What's their filming timeline? i.e. when do they finish filming vs. show it on tv? Is the action totally finished, then they edit the hell out of it, then show it on tv? Or are they showing episode one while filming episode, say, 12?
Old 05-15-03, 03:07 PM
Banned

I read how much each contestant gets paid depending on when they are kicked off somewhere but I don't remember the offical numer. I think the 1st kicked off gets like 3500 $ and the one kicked off before the final 2 about 80 000$.

The show is entirely filmed a few months before it's aired on tv so they have time to edit it with particular storylines, etc.
Old 05-15-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
The dynamic would definitely be different. Although Rob was very entertaining, and should be included, everyone would know his tactics the second time around.
Old 05-15-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
pleaseElizabethplease

I mean, ratings wise, people would watch.
Old 05-15-03, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by fujishig
The dynamic would definitely be different. Although Rob was very entertaining, and should be included, everyone would know his tactics the second time around.
Which is why the smart, versitile player would have a better chance of winning (assuming they aren't voted off for spite). Rob and everyone else will have to alter their game plan if they want to sneak one by the others.
Old 05-16-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone else think that someone like Hatch would get voted off immediatly?
Old 05-16-03, 12:16 AM

I think Richard would be safe. They have enough time together for him to make quick alliances.

What I think they should do is make a HOT CHICK EDITION.
Old 05-16-03, 12:24 AM

Colleen - Survivor 1
Stacey - Survivor 1
Jenna - Survivor 1
Amber - Survivor 2
Elizabeth - Survivor 2
Jerri - Survivor 2
Jessie - Survivor 3
Penny - Survivor 5
Erin - Survivor 5
Tanya - Survivor 5
Jenna - Survivor 6
Heidi - Survivor 6

How sweet it would be.
Old 05-16-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by clemente
pleaseElizabethplease

I mean, ratings wise, people would watch.
I hear ya. But her husband is a QB in the NFL, I don't think there's a money issue and it might not even be something he'd be ok with. When she did it the first time he was in college.

I'm guessing that Colleen wouldn't do it either.

They'll need to hope Amber is still looking good.

If they think people don't care about the hot women factor, they're wrong.

Heidi was plain awful and Jenna was just ok-pretty.
Old 05-16-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Besides the hotties, I'd like to see the Godfather, Rudy, Clay and Robb back, they were entertaining and funny.
Old 05-16-03, 09:18 AM

Richard: So you wanna be a four person alliance?
Rob: Sure
Robb: Sure
Rob (II): Sure

So much for that game. Seriously there would just be instant alliances being formed amongst the "players" and they would start voting out the weaker people right away.
Old 05-16-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd watch this just to see what happens between Richard and Rob from the Amazon. Rob was the first one I've seen since Richard to really control everything that was happening on the show.

I guess this means they've probably ditched the idea of a Celebrity Survivor. They were talking about this two years ago or so. I would think they could get better celebs than The Mole or The Surreal Life, but those shows kinda stole that thunder.
Old 05-16-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Roto

I guess this means they've probably ditched the idea of a Celebrity Survivor. They were talking about this two years ago or so. I would think they could get better celebs than The Mole or The Surreal Life, but those shows kinda stole that thunder.

Celebrity Survivor would be great if it was A-listers but there is no point to doing it with people on par with Corey Feldman.
Old 05-16-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd like to see Robfather, Rob from the latest one, Richard, Clay, and Rudy (although I have to imagine Rudy must be too old/tired now?!).

Then tons of the girls wouldn't be bad either.
Old 05-16-03, 10:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by briank
I have to imagine Rudy must be too old/tired now?
I do know that he tried to get on Survivor 2, so unless something's drastically changed since then I imagine he'd want to give it another go.
Old 05-16-03, 10:53 AM

What about the guy who fell in the fire? Seems like he could be brought back. Can't you just hear the tender music playing as Jeff's voice over talks about how he never got voted off, so now he's back.
Old 05-16-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk God

It has only been 3 years since the first Survivor so it is not like Rudy is that much older.
Old 05-16-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd rather see has been celebrities bickering and starving for 6 weeks..

Like they did with Boot Camp seeing David Faustino getting yelled at by a drill seargent at 6 in the morning was priceless..

I'm thinking people like Corey Haim, Andrew Dice Clay,Danny Bonaduce etc..Now that I would watch

Last edited by shanester; 05-16-03 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-17-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by dolphinboy
I hear ya. But her husband is a QB in the NFL, I don't think there's a money issue and it might not even be something he'd be ok with. When she did it the first time he was in college.

But he's a bench-warmer.

In all seriousness, people would likely go after Hatch first.

But it seems the fairest way to do it is to grab the same amount of players from each season, and you have de facto mini-alliances. Not because those people actually like each other, but because they know them the best....and then the fun begins.

I could see this is being really good, or just completely crappy. It all depends on who they get to come back.
Old 05-18-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by fujishig
But they discovered his tactics during the show and didn't vote him off. He only left because Jenna thought he'd be too hard to beat.

I think it would be interesting to see if some of the people who previously considered themselves to be honest would try to be more Robish for their second time around.
Old 05-18-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would be interesting if the tribes consisted only of members who were voted out prior to the merge.... errr... "The two tribes living together". There were some good people who got voted out early.

And, to make things more interesting, the challanges are presented by the post-merge Survivors. I can imagine Ruby coming up with a challange with a SEAL twist.

Last edited by Mark Holtz; 05-18-03 at 12:18 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.