TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 05/13/03

Old 05-14-03, 12:56 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Maybe it's just me, but Kate creeped the hell out of me when she went to go pick up Kim. And then their car ride to CTU was also unsettling as well.
I think it had a lot to do with the background music. It was their creepy someone evil is in the room music. Having Kate turn out to be evil is basically coping the story from last year with Nina of the female character that is closest to Jack being evil. Though if she kills Kim I can live with it.
Old 05-14-03, 01:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was kinda cool how they showed the woman in an embrace with Kingsley as he picks up the knife and the next thing you see is her lifeless body on the floor in one-quarter of the frame. I wasn't sure who was picking up the knife until then, him or her.

I also thought it was kinda lame that Jack didn't call Kim to let her know that Kate was picking her up. Or maybe he couldn't call her, I don't remember if he was patched through to her or called her straight last time. I still think it would've been better for Kim to have shot Kate accidently or for fear of her life. Then she could've ran down the street again flagging down another car.

Last edited by cracksky; 05-14-03 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-14-03, 01:45 AM

Maybe it's just me, but Kate creeped the hell out of me when she went to go pick up Kim. And then their car ride to CTU was also unsettling as well.

I thought it was bizzare as well could she be a villian in this story was well? That we have not yet caught on to? Only time will tell

Having Alex the audio hacker die was a major groaner.

No thanks to Carrie sucking up to division and undermining Tony's authority.

Too bad Sherri is still alive with a frikkin' flesh wound. These hackers make for crapper stabbers.

Unbelieveable when you are that close the wound should have been deeper but there is always next week.

Was that girl with Kingsley supposed to be Mandy from last season? It was a different actress if it was.

Whoever she was she sure is good looking to bad she met an untimely end.

Can't wait for Palmer to bust Mike down to mailroom clerk.

No matter now you slice it their 20 year friendship ended when Mike sided with VP Prescott he'll get his.

Will Jack's heart survive long enough to get the job done.

Let's hope because so far it doesn't look good.

I was proud of Tony and Michelle. Carrie is turning into the busybody from hell.

I feel sorry for them both as well now they facing the possibility of death or jailtime for what they did but they kept the faith in believing in Jack as for Carrie she is a backstabber and a suckup I wouldn't doubt it if she was trying to get a promotion at the expense of Tony and Michelle. Bottomline she is just poison.
Old 05-14-03, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stayed away from next weeks previews. I just don't want to know.

And, do you know how hard it is to stay uninformed when you work in a nursing home and many of the residents watch channel 8 (FOX)?

Tonight, I had to literally whistle as I walked past the rooms that had 24 on.

And I was screaming to myself inside, "Oh, please don't put your call-light on. OH,PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR CALL-LIGHT ON!"

I lucked out.

Man, I should call off next Tuesday, because I KNOW I'm gonna get ****ed.

They'll ALL put their call-lights on!
Old 05-14-03, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I felt that as well. How they ended it with Kate talking about her mother dying when she was the same age as Kim got me It wouldn't shock me if it turns out that little event has more importance to "today's" events than just a passing comment.
Old 05-14-03, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
My question is, who here remembers Jack telling Kate about his wife being killed? I don't recall it, and if he didn't, how did Kate know about it?
Old 05-14-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just because we did get the scene, ther was plenty of time for Jack and Kate to be yapping about their familial situations given what had happened to Kate's family this day.
Old 05-14-03, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Kate turns out to be evil, I'm gonna be royally pissed.

Kate just seemed too calm when she was trying to convince Kim to lower her gun and come with her. Why didn't Kate call Jack and have Jack confirm Kate's creds? Perhaps the scene is just played out to keep the audience guessing...

Last edited by Patman; 05-14-03 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-14-03, 08:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
They got the 25th Amendment wrong. There is no "lengthy appeal" to the cabinet's decision to remove Palmer - all he has to do is deliver a signed statement saying he is competent. Then it is up to the VP and cabinet to present a case to the Senate that Palmer should be removed. Palmer should be able to reassert authority with one letter.

I just can't believe that the POTUS would be removed from power like this without anyone knowing or anyone doing anything about it. The constitutional crisis written into this show is so monumentally larger than the terrorist issue, and it's almost being glossed over.
Old 05-14-03, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kate just seemed too calm when she was trying to convince Kim to lower her gun and come with her.
yeah, but after all kate has been through today, i would think that a scared kid with a gun might not bother her that much?
Old 05-14-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A scared kid who just capped someone more than once?
Old 05-14-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by N2DVD
My question is, who here remembers Jack telling Kate about his wife being killed? I don't recall it, and if he didn't, how did Kate know about it?
She knows. I'm pretty sure he told her, but I can't remember which episode.
Old 05-14-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Bandoman
They got the 25th Amendment wrong. There is no "lengthy appeal" to the cabinet's decision to remove Palmer - all he has to do is deliver a signed statement saying he is competent. Then it is up to the VP and cabinet to present a case to the Senate that Palmer should be removed. Palmer should be able to reassert authority with one letter.

I just can't believe that the POTUS would be removed from power like this without anyone knowing or anyone doing anything about it. The constitutional crisis written into this show is so monumentally larger than the terrorist issue, and it's almost being glossed over.
Isn't it also against the constitution to ask someone to pretend to be the president? Then again, isn't it also against the constitution to declare airstrikes (aka war) without asking congress for authority.
Old 05-14-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The whole use of the 25th amendment to oust Palmer has FUBAR written all over it.
Old 05-14-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts
My wife complained during the episode that they would never put Tony and Michelle in the same holding cell. I agreed, but pointed out that besides that one slight liberty, everything else on the show is completely plausable.

I really hope we don't end with a major cliffhanger, that would really suck. The powers at Fox know they're going to have a huge lead-in with the American Idol finale and I hope they make the 24 wrap up a crowd-pleaser. For the life of me, I can't imagine how they could tie up all these loose ends in one hour.

I also liked how Kingsly was talking to Sherry and told her to meet him at the La Colliseum in 30 minutes, having no idea where in LA she was. Now it is located near downtwon, but still LA's a pretty big city to everyone but Jack Bauer.
Old 05-14-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The other holding cell's door was busted down when they rescued Chappelle, so they only had 1 holding cell for both Michelle and Tony.
Old 05-14-03, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Decker

I really hope we don't end with a major cliffhanger, that would really suck. The powers at Fox know they're going to have a huge lead-in with the American Idol finale and I hope they make the 24 wrap up a crowd-pleaser. For the life of me, I can't imagine how they could tie up all these loose ends in one hour.
I agree. I liked the way last season ended, where there was a conclusion but there were still unanswered questions. But if this does spill over to another day, wouldn't the statement "... this is the longest day of my life" have to be changed to "... this is the longest two days of my life"

I also liked how Kingsly was talking to Sherry and told her to meet him at the La Colliseum in 30 minutes, having no idea where in LA she was. Now it is located near downtwon, but still LA's a pretty big city to everyone but Jack Bauer
Don't you know in Jack Bauer's world, you can get anywhere in LA in 30-45 minutes. But he was in North Hollywood (I grew up there woo hoo) and Colliseum is about 30 to 45 min drive depending on the traffic
Old 05-14-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Also remember, it's sort of early in the morning, so maybe traffic will be less congested.
Old 05-14-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts
BTW : Here's the big question for this season:
OK, so Kingsly arrainged for the nuclear bomb to be detonated in LA so that the US would strike oil producing Arab nations in hopes of driving up oil prices? That's a little Lex Luthar-ish, but OK. It seems the whole theory is based on that retaliation which would be a result of finding this forgerd "Cyprus audio". That info, which was on Sayed Ali's computer hard drive was in his house somewhere in LA (it had to be, as they took Kate Warner there). If the bomb had successfully gone off, as Kingsly had planned, wouldn't the key peice of fabricated evidence be vaporized? How did they even think that anyone could find Ali prior to the blast, let alone his home computer? Am I missing something here???
Old 05-14-03, 10:32 AM

The guys from District showed up at CTU in about 10/15minutes if I remember correctly. Is District right down the street?
Old 05-14-03, 10:32 AM

Didn't the foreign guy have a German accent? Weren't the people Nina was working for German? This could be what Season 3 will be about....
Old 05-14-03, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by Decker
BTW : Here's the big question for this season:
OK, so Kingsly arrainged for the nuclear bomb to be detonated in LA so that the US would strike oil producing Arab nations in hopes of driving up oil prices? That's a little Lex Luthar-ish, but OK. It seems the whole theory is based on that retaliation which would be a result of finding this forgerd "Cyprus audio". That info, which was on Sayed Ali's computer hard drive was in his house somewhere in LA (it had to be, as they took Kate Warner there). If the bomb had successfully gone off, as Kingsly had planned, wouldn't the key peice of fabricated evidence be vaporized? How did they even think that anyone could find Ali prior to the blast, let alone his home computer? Am I missing something here???
I thought it was Yasiff (sp?) was the one that found the hard drive from Sayed native country (when they took hostage of his family)? Which bring me to another question, if Yasiff was the one that found it, how did he get to the States so quickly?
Old 05-14-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Overall good, but man it seems like there is just SO much to wrap up in the final episode. Just wondering:

--What they're going to do with this Jack-having-heart-trouble thing

--Why it didn't occur to Tony to try slip out until it was WAY too late

--Who the guy behind Kingsley is, esp. since they just introduced him in the second to the last episode

I was really hoping Palmer would NOT do the fake thing with Turkey but would instead get on and say "I've been removed from office and this is a sham." I know he cares about the pilots, but he was willing to risk the possibility of "tens of thousands" more American casualties because he believed he was doing the right thing by not going to war, so I thought he'd do the same w/Turkey. Guess not.

Anyway, I hope there's some closure on at least MOST of this. I truly do not want one big "cliffhanger" at the end after all this...
Old 05-14-03, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by TheEdge21
I thought it was Yasiff (sp?) was the one that found the hard drive from Sayed native country (when they took hostage of his family)? Which bring me to another question, if Yasiff was the one that found it, how did he get to the States so quickly?
http://www.fox.com/24/guide.html
10:00PM - 11:00PM
"10:17PM: Two CTU agents bring a suitcase full of Syed Ali's personal effects from the safe house to Tony. Among the items was a hard drive that has been encrypted"
Old 05-14-03, 11:17 AM

Pretty good episode, but there is no way they are going to wrap all this up in an hour. If all is going to be well in the world, Jack has to beat Kinsley, proof the recordings were fake to the VP, get healthy, reunite with Kim, and, maybe, fall in love with Kate. Tony & Michelle have to be exhonorated, Tony has to punch Chappelle in the face and Michelle has to b**** slap Carrie. David has to do the same to Mike, Sherri, the VP, and the cabinet. Plus, Lynn has to come back and spit on Mike.

Yeah, right. Whatever. Anyway, I thought from the previews it was Kate at the coliseum...
No cliffhanger, please. The one for Alias is enough for me...

Last edited by guywall; 05-14-03 at 11:19 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.