Buffy 5/13 "End of Days" - spoilers

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 5/13 "End of Days" - spoilers

Old 05-15-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not necessarily true:

Spoiler:
Buffy's not really the "on-duty" Slayer, Faith is, always was, but she's been incarcerated for the last 2-3 years. Buffy's the anomaly. Even though she died, not once, but twice, all she knows is to be the Slayer, that that's what she did.

Once the hellmouth is sealed, I could see Faith taking on the mantle of being the Slayer full time - I really don't want to see Buffy or Faith die in the finale if possible. None of those SITs are ready for Slayerhood.

Knowing that Faith has it under control, Buffy can simply retire, move away from the Hellmouth, especially if there is no more Dawn to worry about, she'd be free to move around at will without the trappings of being a big sister/mom who has to keep some roots in the community so that Dawn can have a "normal" childhood in terms of staying at one high school and not bouncing around the country/world.
Old 05-15-03, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit OT, didnt want to start another thread:

http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/2003/20030514

Gellar Slammed by 'Buffy' Co-Star

Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar has been slammed by her former Buffy The Vampire Slayer co-star Alyson Hannigan - for failing to tell cast members she was quitting the show. Gellar announced in February the show would come to an end just weeks later, so she could concentrate on her marriage to Hollywood hunk Freddie Prinze Jr. But Hannigan is still angry she had to find out the news from the press. She says of the announcement, "It wasn't that big of a surprise, but finding out from a magazine article - that sucked. I'm really upset that that's the way the cast and crew found out they would be unemployed." And American Pie star Hannigan has yet to receive an apology from Gellar, adding, "She hasn't said anything."
Old 05-15-03, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
I love the way that the IMDb's sources take a quote out of context to make it more sensational. It doesn't exactly sound like Hannigan "slammed" Gellar. Sounds more like she's mildly miffed.
Old 05-15-03, 04:19 PM

Give me a break. Everyone knew that this was probably going to be Buffy's last season before SMG finally made up her mind about it. So what if she put out a press release instead of calling up all of the cast/crew members separately.
Old 05-15-03, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see how the previews/credits could have ruined the "surprise" of Angel showing up-- didn't the last episode of Angel show him taking that necklace thingy that Buffy needs with him in the limo? I thought it seemed pretty obvious he was heading to Sunnydale after seeing Conner.
Old 05-16-03, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
I don't see how the previews/credits could have ruined the "surprise" of Angel showing up-- didn't the last episode of Angel show him taking that necklace thingy that Buffy needs with him in the limo? I thought it seemed pretty obvious he was heading to Sunnydale after seeing Conner.
Maybe if we all watched Angel it wouldn't have been a surprise.
I don't watch Angel, so it was news to me....
Old 05-16-03, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by 12thmonkey
Maybe if we all watched Angel it wouldn't have been a surprise.
I don't watch Angel, so it was news to me....
I think the idea is that ME most likely didn't mean Angel's appearance to be a surprise. They made it clear he was headed to Sunnydale on his show, which they wouldn't have done if they wanted people to be surprised by his appearance on Buffy. Since there was no intent to shock the audience, there was no reason for ME to try and keep Boreanaz's name out of the credits.
Old 05-16-03, 09:14 AM

One thing I dislike about ME is the way the Buffy/Angel crossovers. I don't like the Angel show and shouldn't have to watch it to get stuff related to the Buffy show explained.