Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Official Babylon 5 Season 2 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-03, 02:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
season 3 up for pre-order at amazon.ca for $82 canadian (~58 US). Anybody going to use amazon.ca again?
Old 05-27-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I preordered mine yesterday from FYE for $72 but if amazon.ca has it for $58 I might have to change venders.
Old 05-27-03, 03:12 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Wow. Cool. I might go to amazon.ca.
Old 05-27-03, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But amazon.ca charges $13Cdn for shipping to US addresses IIRC.
Old 05-27-03, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by IC_Freeze
Anybody going to use amazon.ca again?
probably. might as well go 5/5 if they keep beating out the US vendor prices.
Old 05-28-03, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today's Episode: Knives

Summary: Londo gets a visit from an old friend who seeks his help after being called a traitor by the Centarum. Meanwhile while Sheridan starts seeing things after being attacked by a dead alien. [/i]

Actually, the chronological order was *supposed* to be "Knives," THEN "Z'ha'dum." In "Knives" you get the reminder about Anna, then in "Z'ha'dum" you get the payoff. That was originally how they were intended to be aired, but there was *so much* CGI work and rotoscope work and creature animation involved in "Knives" that it got flopped to second in that order. So while it works *best* the way it was intended, it still works okay in this order.

The Centauri method of dealing with traitors -- execution followed by confiscation of property -- is similar to what the Romans used to do, and it apparently has the same effect. Romans who knew they were about to be convicted of treason often committed suicide to prevent their families' inheritances from being seized.

The fact that there's still a spacetime rift of some sort in Sector 14 suggests that it may be possible to travel freely back and forth between 2259 and whenever the creature came from. Unless, of course, the creature was involved in Babylon 4's time travel; in that case, its presence may have caused the rift to reopen.

Link
Old 05-28-03, 07:44 AM
Enormous Genitals

Re: Knives - they never explain what it was that "possessed" Sheridan, and why it had to go back to the area where B4 disappeared. Will this eventually be explained? Is it connected with B4's time-shifting? I'm sure JMS didn't just throw this in as an after-thought.
Old 05-28-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Bandoman
Re: Knives - they never explain what it was that "possessed" Sheridan, and why it had to go back to the area where B4 disappeared. Will this eventually be explained? Is it connected with B4's time-shifting? I'm sure JMS didn't just throw this in as an after-thought.
Heh-He.......ummmmmm

Come to think of it, it's been so long......I don't even remember if they specifically referenced this event again?

It might of just been there to continue the B4 storyline, so you don't forget about it by the time the true pay-off comes?
Old 05-28-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't remember them every explaining what possessed Sheridan either. Chew, I think you're right, JMS just threw it in there to make sure we don't forget about B4.
Old 05-29-03, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Today's Episode: Confessions and Lamentations

Summary: A 100% fatal and 100% contagious plague is killing the Markabs, and Dr. Franklin has to find a cure while being opposed by the Markabs themselves who believe the plague only affect the immoral.

Franklin appears to have forgotten about the alien healing device he acquired in "The Quality of Mercy" and used on Garibaldi in "Revelations," which he could have used to help his friend and thus increase the chance of finding a real cure. Or perhaps he knows enough about it now to know that it wouldn't have worked on plague victims for some reason. (Obviously it wouldn't have been of much use to the Markab population in general, since it only works on one person at a time and only with a donor.)

Sheridan presumably ordered Keffer to stop his expeditions because he suspects Keffer's mystery ship is a Shadow vessel. Will he let Keffer in on that information, or will he continue to keep it to himself and simply let the order stand?

The timing of the plague's reappearance, with all the other events going on, is suspicious. Of course, it might be a simple coincidence, as Franklin suspects, just a dormant disease whose time has come. But another interpretation is that the outbreak on the Markab island centuries earlier was an early biological warfare test on an isolated population, and the events in this episode were the real attack. If that's true, who is responsible, and do they have any connection with the approaching Great War?

Note that the Markab did have some contact with the Shadows last time they rose up, as evidenced by the Markab ambassador's speech in "The Long Dark" -- perhaps someone (not necessarily the Shadows; maybe the man at the bar was right) didn't want the Markab around to participate this time.
Link
Old 05-30-03, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Today's Episode: Divided Loyalties

Summary: Lyta Alexander returns to Babylon 5 with a message from the telepath resistance - one of the command staff is a mole for PSI Corps.

Whatever Ironheart did to Talia seems to have enhanced her powers enormously, and she seems to be growing more powerful. Psi Corps, at a minimum, now have the psychic assassin they were trying to create, and potentially much more. Assuming, of course, that Ironheart's gift wasn't erased when Talia's original personality was destroyed.

Talia's implanted personality was foreshadowed in "The Quality of Mercy." After she was finished scanning Mueller, she was joined by Garibaldi in the Garden. As they talked about her experience, she commented to him, "Things that live inside us, Mr. Garibaldi. Terrible things. Terrible."

Garibaldi's flashbacks refer to "Deathwalker," where Kosh uses a ViCaR (or VCR, an individual with an enhanced photographic memory) to conduct a strange negotiation, with Talia monitoring. A data crystal was also passed to Kosh from the ViCaR, and Talia doesn't know what it contained. Kosh's comments seem to indicate his awareness of Talia's AP and what will happen when it is activated. So, has Kosh recorded a copy of Talia's personality onto a data crystal? We have already seen that the Earth Alliance has the technology to wipe a personality and build a new one ("The Quality of Mercy".) Will this be a way for Sheridan to wipe out the AP and any knowledge that PsiCorps might pick up from Talia? It may not be so easy.
Link
Old 05-30-03, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always thought Garibaldi's reaction to the scan was rather interesting (warning: spoiler for future episode)

Spoiler:
though diffusing the situation with humor is in character, it could foreshadow the wonderful mind-screw he'll go through later at the hands of Bester.

Last edited by lisadoris; 05-30-03 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-30-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by lisadoris
I always thought Garibaldi's reaction to the scan was rather interesting

Spoiler:
though diffusing the situation with humor is in character, it could foreshadow the wonderful mind-screw he'll go through later at the hands of Bester.
Bandoman don't read that!!

lisadoris: Agreed!
Old 05-30-03, 07:28 AM
Enormous Genitals

Originally posted by Chew
[B] Bandoman don't read that!!
Too late. *gulp* It didn't give away too much, I hope. My own fault for reading spoilers.

Divided Loyalties is one of the best episodes of season 2, IMO. Very well done, and one of the episodes that proves to the viewer that JMS is unpredictable and very willing to screw with major characters. There are no givens in the B5 universe, which is what makes it so interesting.

Last edited by Bandoman; 05-30-03 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-30-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Enormous Janitor
Took me a while to figure out what was the deal with that.........
Old 05-30-03, 10:18 AM
Enormous Genitals

Static Cling is having a comedic moment.
Old 05-30-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Enormous Janitor
Static Cling is having a comedic moment.
Link?
Old 05-30-03, 11:40 AM
Enormous Genitals

Originally posted by Wizdar
Link?
Link
Old 05-30-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks.

[barely restrained giggle]
Old 05-30-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Spoilers up to and including "Divided Loyalties": (go ahead and read if you've watched this far)

Spoiler:

It's never really stated exactly when Talia became a sleeper, but it's certainly implied that she became one well before she arrived on Babylon 5 in DC Comics' first series.

In the final issue of the second arc of that series, "Shadows Past and Present," years before being assigned to Babylon 5, Garibaldi and Sinclair stumble on a Psi-Corps facility on Mars, and in one panel we see something being done to Talia Winters. The reader sees this, but Garibaldi apparently doesn't or doesn't recognize Talia when, years later, she arrives aboard Babylon 5.

Interestingly enough, this comic was released weeks before "Divided Loyalties" aired, so provided a bit of foreshadowing for the events of that episode.

From JMS' comments about the book, it is very much in continuity, and also sets up a minor season three plotline that is eventually paid off.
Old 05-30-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry for not being more explicit about the nature of the spoiler! I promise to specify current episode spoilers vs. future episode spoilers. Forgive me.
Old 05-30-03, 07:35 PM
Enormous Genitals

Don't sweat it, lisadoris.
Old 05-31-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So Ivanova and Talia slept together, right?

D
Old 06-01-03, 11:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

Originally posted by Derrich

D
That's how I envision it in my mind. Over and over.
Old 06-01-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally posted by Derrich
Yes. JMS has pretty much stated that they did, that one time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.