TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ER 5/8

Old 05-08-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
ER 5/8

is that Nurse Ogawa from ST:TNG?
she's aged a bit
I think they spend a little too much time and resources on gang bangers, but I have no respect for criminals
recognized a bunch of small time actors

Last edited by mikehunt; 05-08-03 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-08-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great episode.

Spoiler:

Are they going to give carter AIDS? They framed that cut in the scene every chance they got.

I have ZERO expectations for next week, cause the episodes outside of the ER always kinda suck if you ask me. Plus the tvguide synopsis doesn't make it sound like a cliffhanger. But if they kill Luca it would be a great way to wrap the season.

Old 05-08-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ow, my head hurts with all the flash forwards and backwards in the storytelling.
Old 05-08-03, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Word.

Also...they should've at least shown that cheerleader's Pom-Poms...
Old 05-08-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Heh, Pratt's "it's all good" grin was excellent in that scene.
Old 05-08-03, 10:24 PM

Weak episode.
Old 05-08-03, 10:36 PM

Worst episode ever ! My head hurts after watching that !
Old 05-08-03, 11:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I liked it.

It was a little confusing at first but after a while it was fine.

Next week looks good.
Old 05-08-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jeff462v
Worst episode ever ! My head hurts after watching that !
Not even close. Said it before and i'll say it again:

"Benton on the Bayou" ... Worst episode ever
Old 05-09-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Normally I dislike gimmick episodes, but this was well done and showed the hectic pace of the ER, made more so because of the gangbangers feud.

As for the finale,
Spoiler:
Ugh a road trip. This one may be exciting though. I'm assuming it will end on a cliffhanger.

Honk!
Old 05-09-03, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
What the hell was that crap all about? Parallel universes? And who couldn't see Pratt's decision-reversal coming from a mile away? Sheesh, what a waste of an hour!
Old 05-09-03, 07:44 AM

I liked this the best out of the last few episodes. The switching between night and day was a little jarring at first, but I got used to it. I have to say, I was surprised Pratt stayed after all.. He kept saying how happy he was that he was out of that dump...

I've heard what the ending is for next week, so I'll use spoiler tags:
Spoiler:
We don't know whether Kovac is dead or not

Be an interesting season premiere in September if that's true.
Old 05-09-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought Pratt was leaving the show? So are they going to write him out, or are Chen and him staying another season?

Show was OK, not terrific, not terrible. On the bright side, Abby's brother wasn't involved, and that is always good!
Old 05-09-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had thought Ming-Na had signed on for 3 years (next year being an option year. I suppose), so I didn't know what think Chen as to where she was going, but Pratt was sort of up in the air (I guess). I didn't read any contract details on him recently and just assumed he was leaving after this year with the direction Pratt was going (plus, I didn't realize Pratt could just stay at County General by his own volition given how the rotations work in the medical community for up and coming doctors).
Old 05-09-03, 08:51 AM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts
I was hoping they should have done a "you vote for the ending" thing like they did with that episode of the A-Team (episode: Family Reunion)... you could vote on Pratt staying or leaving.
Old 05-09-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another thing I am not sure about. The woman who had the "c-section" in the alley.

My wife thinks she was part of the eclipse suicide cult, and I think she was attacked by her BF.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 05-09-03, 11:21 AM

Wow. I can't believe how many people didn't like the episode. From a filmmaking and acting standpoint, the episode was probably one of the top 3 of the past 3 years or so. Just excellent all around.

The "24-style" split screens were really well done (if a little long). The whole point of the episode was to show the difference between night and day shift--and more specifically between Pratt and Carter. I've never been a big Pratt fan, but last night, I think I became one.
Old 05-09-03, 11:38 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by jon-w9
Another thing I am not sure about. The woman who had the "c-section" in the alley.

My wife thinks she was part of the eclipse suicide cult, and I think she was attacked by her BF.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?
She was just some random pregnant woman. Random psycho woman wanted a baby, so attacked random pregnant woman, cut the baby out, and stole it. Random psycho woman then told her husband she had given birth to a baby while he was at work. Husband saw random pregnant woman on the news and realized what had happened, and took the baby to the alley. He dropped it off in the alley because he didn't want his wife arrested.

All of this was unrelated to the eclipse cult, and we never saw a boyfriend/husband for random pregnant woman.
Old 05-09-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow thanks, I guessed I missed a lot.
Old 05-09-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by jon-w9
I thought Pratt was leaving the show? So are they going to write him out, or are Chen and him staying another season?
Methinks bodybag instead of Northwestern.
Old 05-09-03, 07:02 PM

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Romano's scenes, so I'll start:

"EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"
Don't know about anyone else, but his operation scenes were making me queasy, especially the sound of the bone saw. They also addressed the "don't cut off the wrong arm" issue that has happened to people in real life. That would have been a heck of a season finale if Romano woke up in post-op and realized his good arm was gone. I think this is probably a first for a tv series--a regular character permanently losing a limb. Is Romano coming back next season? How will they depict his missing arm? Prosthetic prop or empty sleeve with his real arm jammed behind his back?

And yes, that was Nurse Ogawa from Next Generation, and yes, she did look really old. Maybe she wasn't wearing any makeup, since a buddhist wouldnt?

Good stuff:

No Abby's family!!

Carter telling Carrie to shut it while he was on the phone.

The ER world usually always closely parallels our own--and wouldn't you know it, next week we're getting a total eclipse!
Old 05-09-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
NOT THIS ONE IDIOT
Old 05-09-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Very interesting ep.

Liked Romano tonight - especially w/ Elizabeth, the marker and his arm. Funny Stuff - "You forgot IDIOT."

Good to see Carter go off on Weaver, who was also not in the episode much, which is a good thing.

No members of Abby's clan present - another good thing.

Oh yeah, glad to see Pratt stay around. Mekhi Phifer and Noah Wyle were top notch in last night's ep.