Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Early Buzz on the Upcoming "Lucy" TV Movie on CBS?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-03, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone heard anything regarding how it is? Anyone read any reviews? Looks solid I suppse, though the guy playing Desi Arnaz looks WAY too thin. You think they would of made that actor gain weight for the role. Actress for Lucille Ball looks solid I suppse, though hard to tell.

Well, has anyone heard anything? Thanks.
Old 04-29-03, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heard a few things, not very good:

Rachel York doesn't look or sound a thing like Lucille Ball, and one's heart goes out to her as the script for this ''three-hour movie event'' falls prey to the usual biopic mistake: recreating famous scenes. Thus, York (left), doing ''I Love Lucy'' classics like stomping grapes and cramming her mouth in the candy factory, comes off forced and unfunny. But her performance is touching nonetheless, especially when Desi Arnaz (a too-thin-for-Ricky-Ricardo Danny Pino) does her wrong by womanizing and gambling. But the rest of the story you've seen 10,000 times: A struggling performer triumphs over a tough childhood to become rich, adored, and needy for love. You can watch ''I Love Lucy'' in syndication and have a much better time. C- --Ken Tucker
link

TVGuide gave it a 6 out of 10, but can't find the article online.
Old 04-29-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yep, heard about that EW article. That's the only one I've heard so far as was just wondering if others have started to surface yet.
Old 04-29-03, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know if this pic/script is anything close to the one Ben Bratt and Julia Roberts were rumored to be interested in a few years back?

Or was that a completely different Lucy/Desi pic....?