Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under 4/27

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-03, 09:16 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Six Feet Under 4/27

Solid episode tonight. David and Keith's relationship appears to be veering off path again.

Nate and Lisa have come to an "understanding" of sorts.

Ruth and Arthur's relationship is still weird as hell.

Had a nice tie-in with this week's death and how it relates to both Nate and Rico's current situations.
Old 04-27-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Tonight's show was another winner (IMO). Could have been the best episode this season so far. I'm actually starting to feel more sympathy towards Lisa than anything else. The nagging still gets to me, but the girl is so insecure. It's really sad. Keith seems to be losing control. Not only with the pot smoking, but the threeways. I think the jury is in about Claire's boyfriend and the art teacher. And she knows too. Now, should be interesting what she does about it. Can't believe Billy slept with that teacher too. That threw me. Back to Lisa, I really liked the exchange she and Brenda had in the bathroom. Excellent writing. Two really laugh out loud moments on tonight's show (for me). The one where Brenda's mom said her shirt would look better without a bra. To which Brenda responds "Well that skirt would look better without that ass". And then, Billy telling Brenda she could stay with him if she gets tired of seeing their mom's "p". HILARIOUS! If Joanna Cassidy doesn't get a nomination for her role next year (and doesn't win!), there is no justice.
Old 04-27-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good ep. Ruth and Arthur are seriously creeping me out.

Olivier is working his way through the family. First Billy, now Billy and Brenda's Mom. 2 down, 1 to go...? (did he get to Dad before he died?)
Old 04-28-03, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I loved it when Lisa was so busted by Brenda at the artshow.

I was really holding out hope that Nate would have the guts to kick Lisa to the curb.

I think you could practically play the "Olivier Number" game (like you would with the "Kevin Bacon number" game in terms of who he's banged.

Loved how they showed Olivier's hypocrisy in terms of pricing art pieces (after Claire was bothering him with questions of pricing her photograph too cheaply, and he goes off on some rant, and then the camera veers to the $30,000 asking price for one of Olivier's works).

Brenda seems like she's on depressant medication. All the fire in her eyes has been extinguished. Billy is also sort of subdued too.

Keith and David are headed for a big bump in their relationship with this gradual introduction of the third kickstand into their sex lives.

Arthur is just bizarre, and seeing him and Ruth on the bed is doubly so.
Old 04-28-03, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was funny after the 3-way and the guy was getting dressed, David opens his eyes, then closes them to pretend he was sleeping. The Keith does the same, and starts with a fake snore thing, and it looked like a little push to David. apparently neither of them want to deal with the uncomfortable mornings. Maybe the guy should have made breakfast.

Also, I didn't always like Brenda and Nate's relationship, but now I miss it after having to put up with Lisa for a while.
Old 04-28-03, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 392 Likes on 280 Posts
A solid episode but I don't think I'd say best of season.

Definatley something intersting going on with Oliver and Claires B-friend and most of the sexually active people in the region, have to wonder how long till Claire goes for him.

Nice to see 'the whole cast' together in the art gallery.

I was so hoping Nate was leaving Lisa, hopefuly it turns into an open realtionship so he can get back with Brenda.
I was expecting a bit more out of Lisa and Brenda's scene when they met again both times.

Looking forward to next week as always.

OH BTW: Anyone that gets the sunday paper with the Parade insert: I've heard Fredricos wife is in the In Step interview this week.

Last edited by jpcamb; 04-28-03 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-28-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jpcamb

OH BTW: Anyone that gets the sunday paper with the Parade insert: I've heard Fredricos wife is in the In Step interview this week.
Yes, it was a nice photo. She looked a lot hotter that they usually let her look on the show.
Old 04-28-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, Vanessa is supposed to be depressed on the show.
Old 04-28-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I can't wait to see this season...on the DVD boxset in 2 years
Old 04-28-03, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah...clinically depressed chicks don't usually score high on the Tagability Scale...

The character of Arthur, and his whole storyline, get a "Jeer" in the next issue of TV Guide, (the one w/ Catherine Bell and DJ Elliot on the cover...)
Old 04-29-03, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Why are they jeering poor Arthur? Granted, that whole relationship is just creepy but it's not like this is out of character for Ruth. It's been said many times before that Ruth is just starved for love and Arthur was there and was nice to her.
Old 04-29-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I really like Arthur as a character, I've been personally jeering the relationship with Ruth for several weeks now. It just seems so "unreal" to me. If there is one clue in these episodes to still make me believe that Nate is on the operating table (I don't, btw), it's the Arthur-Ruth thing. Ruth hasn't had anything more to say than, "Gee, Arthur, that's beautiful...you're so talented", for almost a month. Her character is becoming completely irrelevant. And the boy-toy obsession just makes it all the more ridiculous. She's starting to remind me of Nadine from Twin Peaks after she got conked on the head. Next thing you know she'll be designing silent drape runners.
Old 04-29-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 392 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally posted by Numanoid
And the boy-toy obsession just makes it all the more ridiculous.
The thought of Authur as a Boy toy :: Some one should email this to the dork.

(OK Numanoid, before you have to reply your probably refering to something else about ruth but this is what first poped into my mind.)

BTW did anyone else recognize him as a reporter from Americas Sweethearts? He was the one that squered Cusack and Zeta then told them how big a fan he was.

I'm losing faith in the operating table, some of the early season moments were too out of character, but I think the revalations about Mr. Fisher and Nate falling into the same pattern help it make sense for his being with Lisa when she was so psycho at the start of the season. They have touched on his AVM rupturing a few times as well. At any rate as much as I'd like to see him leave Lisa I'm glad that he broke out of the rut last episode and laid his cards on the table with her, maybe he can change his fate so to speak....

Oh and I think Venessa lost some weight and is a hotty. I forgot to look at the Parade insert but its no suprise to me to hear she looks good.
Old 04-29-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While I've put the "whole season as a dream" idea on the backburner, at this point, I would not mind it if it were the case.
Old 04-29-03, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How about THIS - Nate hangs out in a pyramid with Brenda and Lisa. A pyramid is a TOMB where they would buy the pharoh's possessions and sometimes his remaining family members... creepy.

My favorite part was the banter between Billy and Brenda in Billy's apartment...

conscience, did you not realize Olivier was bisexual yet? I thought that the artist Olivier send Claire to meet in Azusa told her that?
Old 04-29-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rfduncan
conscience, did you not realize Olivier was bisexual yet? I thought that the artist Olivier send Claire to meet in Azusa told her that?
Oh - I knew he was bisexual, it just had to be said again out of pure hilarity!

I usually just type what is in my head and that scene was pure hilarity with Brenda's mom and then thinking back to when he was along with Claire's bo.
Old 04-29-03, 07:06 PM

Agree with most of what folks have said with a couple extra thoughts...

~~Olivier - I don't think he'sbi-sexual, he's just self-absorbed...anything/anyone that pays him attention or gives him pleasure is fine, he's almost "asexual"

~~Ruth and Arthur is bugging me not just for wigginess factors but 'cuz I thought they were setting up Ruth and the Kathy Bates character. I thought Ruth talking a walk on the other side a lot more interesting than her lusting after this freak..I mean if she wanted a younger man don't they have someone that mows the lawn or something? lol

~~Lisa/Nate/Brenda - I just wish *something* would happen there, getting a little boring

~~David/Keith - Keith is definitely looking for stimulation other than work and home life and I hope that gets worked out soon...David went through that phase when he and Keith broke up so I'm hoping they get through it, they're the most normal people on the show
Old 04-29-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally! a great episode. This season is starting to come together.....
Old 04-29-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What happened to Kathy Bates character anyway?
Old 04-30-03, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

She went to go visit her daughter (who may be having drug abuse problems).
Old 04-30-03, 10:41 PM
Cool New Member

How many episodes will this season have?
Old 05-01-03, 12:45 AM

13 episodes.
Old 05-01-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by kaisha no saru
Agree with most of what folks have said with a couple extra thoughts...

~~Olivier - I don't think he'sbi-sexual, he's just self-absorbed...anything/anyone that pays him attention or gives him pleasure is fine, he's almost "asexual"

Asexual? No, that would be someone like Michael Jackson. Oliver is omnisexual. Or trisexual.
Old 05-01-03, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Or Hedonistic.