Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Sabrina (series finale) 4/24

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Do you plan to tape or watch it?
YES
60.00%
NOPE
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Sabrina (series finale) 4/24

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those who still watch it, 2 new 30 minute episodes come on tonight.

What A Witch Wants
Spoiler:
Sabrina, Roxie and Morgan take a cruise to Bermuda for Sabrina's bachelorette party, but in the Bermuda Triangle, Sabrina's magic doesn't work and the girls must use their wits to survive a shipwreck and a hurricane. Sabrina must also convince the mystical spirit of the Triangle (guest star David Leisure) that her friendship with Roxie and Morgan will always survive.

Soul Mates
Spoiler:
Once back in Boston, Sabrina wakes up on the morning of her wedding with cold feet. She hopes that a little magic and words of wisdom from her mom (guest star Alley Mills) and Aunt Hilda (guest star Caroline Rhea) will help her make the biggest decision of her life.

Old 04-24-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been watching off and on ever since it premiered on ABC and then made the jump to the WB.

I am tuning into the second episode after the Supersized Friends is done as I assume the second Friends episode is a repeat?

In anycase, the PVR is set to tape the hour of Sabrina incase I miss it.

Harvey better "object" to the wedding or something, she should be marrying him not the new guy. Or I would accept marriage to whoever played Sam on Clarissa Explains It All heh.
Old 04-24-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched it, but I didn't even know it was on. I saw it in the TV Guide listings at the last minute and thought I should watch it. The show seriously tanked and I stopped watching it during the first quarter of this season.

So, does this mean the show is finally OVER? I sure hope so! I wish they had the sense to do this last season. Didn't we find out then that Harvey was Sabrina's soul mate? It took a season of lousy episodes, lousy writing, and lousy celebrity guest appearances to finally get us to the point that last season had already made. At least if it had been made last season, Zelda would have appeared, and I suspect the only reason Caroline Rhae appeared was because her daytime gig got cancelled (or she got fired, something like that). But of course Sabrina was to end up with Harvey all along! How else could the end the series still (somewhat) faithful to the comic book?
Old 04-24-03, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is she supposed to still be a teenager?
Old 04-24-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Eh....I'd rather watch "Friends".

I might have watched if ALL of the cast members who just disappeared would have shown up. Let's see...

Libby
Ms. Quick
Mr. Kraft
Dreama
that Token Latino guy
Jenny
Valerie
Miles

And probably a few others. So many people had to leave, it was just getting irritating after awhile.
Old 04-24-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Caroline Rhea's talk show hasn't been cancelled. Caroline shot that guest appearance like months back. That makes no sense to me why you would think just because Caroline makes a guest appearance on the final episode of the show she was on for years that her talkshow was cancelled? Weird thinking on your part I think.

As for Zelda, Zelda isn't even her current age. She is a 12 year old kid. She scarficed her life so something or other wouldn't happen to Sabrina. That happened in the end of last season/beginning of this season.

Caroline was already off the show, her character got married.

So it is logical with the storyline that Zelda wasn't there at least. And it was funny that she had to change wax places with Sabrina's mother. I never liked Zelda to begin with

Thank GOD she ended up with Harvey.
Old 04-24-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nightwing82
Caroline Rhea's talk show hasn't been cancelled. Caroline shot that guest appearance like months back. That makes no sense to me why you would think just because Caroline makes a guest appearance on the final episode of the show she was on for years that her talkshow was cancelled? Weird thinking on your part I think.

As for Zelda, Zelda isn't even her current age. She is a 12 year old kid. She scarficed her life so something or other wouldn't happen to Sabrina. That happened in the end of last season/beginning of this season.

Caroline was already off the show, her character got married.

So it is logical with the storyline that Zelda wasn't there at least. And it was funny that she had to change wax places with Sabrina's mother. I never liked Zelda to begin with

Thank GOD she ended up with Harvey.
As for Caroline Rhae's show, I recall reading something (in passing, can't say I was too interested in the article since I don't watch her show) about her being let go from the show but she took her time to tell the rest of her staff they no longer had jobs. I'm too lazy to dig for the link at this time, because I can't exactly recall where I saw it (likely MSN, Yahoo, Fark, or here, since I don't really visit too many other sites on a daily basis).

And that whole Zelda thing was a lame way out of the previous season's cliffhanger. In reality, does anybody else know why the actress left the show?
Old 04-24-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually I heard that Caroline Rhea's show has not been renewed because she could not maintain Rosie O' Donnell's viewers. And supposedly Rhea is pissed off that the producers focused more attention on the upcoming Sharon Osbourne and Ellen Degeneres talk shows and not on her own.
Old 04-24-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
And that whole Zelda thing was a lame way out of the previous season's cliffhanger. In reality, does anybody else know why the actress left the show?
I think they just purged some characters because they wanted change. Josh, Miles and Zelda were just victims of a plot change.

And as for Caroline Rhea, this story says that it hasn't been cancelled yet, but it probably will. The ratings are ok, but bad timeslots caused the season to wrap a week early.

I stopped watching her show, since I didn't find her very interesting as a host. I like her stand-up, though.