TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lucky 4/22

Old 04-23-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Lucky 4/22

What a hilarious episode. I was rolling at the Meat Battle Map and the pot roast through the window. Then when Lucky's buddies pulled the whole 'bad meat' con and then went out to eat afterwards. Great stuff.
Old 04-23-03, 08:28 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hilarious episode. I wasn't thrilled with the resolution, but I was rolling on the floor most of the time. I wish they'd given Brian Doyle-Murray more to do.

One weird thing about this show that I've never seen before. It has content AFTER the previews for next week's episode. Like this week, when the buddies cash in the bolognas.
Old 04-23-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho

One weird thing about this show that I've never seen before. It has content AFTER the previews for next week's episode. Like this week, when the buddies cash in the bolognas.

Change please!
Old 04-23-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Sah-weeet Jesus!"

"Nice bolognas you got there."
"Right back at ya."

I laughed my ass off for most of this episode.
Old 04-23-03, 12:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Lucky's buddies are the best part of the show IMO.

The battle map was hialrious.
Old 04-23-03, 12:19 PM

Great episode. Only thing that could have made it better was if Dan Hedaya was in it...
Old 04-23-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FX has done it again, another great series. And to think its original.

Im sorry, but Lucky's buddy saying "Sah-weeet Jesus!" Almost had me wetting my pants I was laughing that hard.
Old 04-24-03, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 386 Likes on 276 Posts
I really enjoyed the show but would not have called it hilarious. Anyone figure out how many episodes FX ordered for the show?

Also anyone else notice that next weeks preview was for the show that was supposed to air this week? Makes me wonder if they are retooling episodes or just putting the stronger ones up front.

As as semi-mean aside his girlfriend on the show should be the first canidate for the plastic surgery show they have been promoting. She looks like the poor mans Sara Jessica... cute in a odd nose sort of way but would be better looking with a smaller snoz.
Old 04-24-03, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by jpcamb
As as semi-mean aside his girlfriend on the show should be the first canidate for the plastic surgery show they have been promoting. She looks like the poor mans Sara Jessica... cute in a odd nose sort of way but would be better looking with a smaller snoz.
I think she is perfect for the role. She is a gambling addict with all kinds of problems. She's not supposed to be perfect. Plus, I think she's way hotter than SJP.
Old 04-24-03, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I was thinking the GF looked like SJP also. I like the show. The shot w/ Lucky walking down the strip the w/ the Bologna and the NY NY in the background was classic. His 2 friends are great w/ all of their schemes and decpetions.
Old 04-25-03, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Groucho
Sci-Fi channel used to do the same thing with Farscape and Lexx, (showing the previews before the final segment).