TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 4/15 (finally a new episode)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-03, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Visitor
Spoiler:
After a schoolmate (guest star Jeremy Lelliott) claims to be an alien and seemingly backs it up by using heat vision, Clark investigates and begins to believe that the guy is from his planet Krypton. Meanwhile, after Helen (guest star Emmanuel Vaugier) discovers a locked room in the mansion she demands to know what is behind it, forcing Lex to come clean about his investigation of Clark.
Old 04-15-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 622 Likes on 501 Posts
It's been so long that I almost forgot about Lex and Helen.
Old 04-15-03, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville is still on? I thought it got canceled right after Three's Company!
Old 04-15-03, 09:05 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Decent episode, not great though. I don't know why Lex needs a giant picture of Clark in his room. Does he forget what Clark looks like from time to time?

That shooting star at the end looked crappy. It was more like a giant fireball than a shooting star.
Old 04-15-03, 09:23 PM

pretty good episode.. kinda freak of the weekish though.. reading about the next few episodes, should be a good run to the end of the season..
Old 04-15-03, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So Clark met another alien from K-Pax. Big deal. It was all right, but I thought they were going to go more into how this kid knew all about Krypton and all by having him and Clark some how psychicaly linked, but in the end it was some lame ass excuse that a baby looked up and saw a ship come down and it became a life long obsession of his and that one memory made him believe 100% he was from outer space. RIGHT. K-Pax or the psychic link would have worked better.

Another thing I was half expecting was that this kid wasn't from Krypton, but from Krypton's sister planet, where Supergirl is from. I was thinking, "Oh, great, they made Supergirl a GUY." Heck that would have been better than what they gave us in the end!

Last edited by calhoun07; 04-15-03 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-15-03, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The freak of the week story was okay, but I definitely liked the Lex/Helen sub-plot - particularly after Martha went to see Dr. Helen against her husband's wishes. I wonder what Martha told Helen, because now that Lex doesn't have any "locked doors" w/ Helen, will she have any w/ him? Should be interesting...by the way - Helen is drop-dead gorgeous, can't believe I hadn't realized that before.

Even though it wasn't the greatest ep, it was nice to have a new one finally.
Old 04-15-03, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 816 Likes on 605 Posts
It was nice to have a new episode but I did not really enjoy this one and Smallville is one of my favorite shows. Next week looks pretty good
Spoiler:
Clark shoves a college guy who was being a big prick into a police car window. Clark gets arrested and the Kent family is sued by the college guy's family. Clark really startles Lana by throwing the guy. At least this one doesn't look like a FOW episode.
Old 04-16-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

man, i can't believe I chose to watch tonights ep over 24 since my damn tivo is having problems. the episode was soo weak, with the 6-7 week break, i was expecting something good to follow up on the christopher reeve episode, but guess not.
Old 04-16-03, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whoa, Dr. Helen was looking mighty nice in last night's episode. I applaud Lex's constant pursuit of the good doctor.

I wish they made Cyrus just a little more likeable, and less strange (yes, alien), but I guess that was the point.

Boy, I pity anyone else who finds out about Clark's secret because they either die or lose their mind.

I hope we find out a little more of Martha's condition after her visit with Helen, and whether Helen can keep her yap shut to Lex now that Lex has opened the door into his obsession for her.

Last edited by Patman; 04-16-03 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-16-03, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Ok ep.

The show was ok. Im just glad its back...

Helen is a beutiful... =)
Old 04-16-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 622 Likes on 501 Posts
I guess they plan on getting away from the idea that Lex will not know Superman's real identity.
Old 04-16-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler content about next weeks episode:
Spoiler:
The guy is picking on Lana in the preview, correct? Then Clark steps in to protect her. Then Lana gets angry at Clark.

I can't tell you how sick I'm getting of Lana. Every_single_time Clark does anything, Lana gets huffy and "hurt" at Clark's behavior. Good lord, exactly how many times has Clark saved her life, or done favors for her, etc.? I would be completely fed up at this point.

I loved the difference between how Chloe said she would react to an alien versus how Lana said she'd react. That should set off warning bells right there about Lana. If she ever does find out, we're going to be subjected to at least a week's worth of "how could you not tell me" whining.
Old 04-16-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts
That dude's neck was f'd up.. I would freak even more having it snap back into place like it did. No way would I be upright and walking around.

Kind of a weak episode.. but the scene with Lex and Helen in his secret room. His car is there, the cave paintings, the animation of the accident and him saying, "They're an interesting family, aren't they?" with that smile. Just weirded me out.
Old 04-16-03, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
Spoiler content about next weeks episode:
Spoiler:
The guy is picking on Lana in the preview, correct? Then Clark steps in to protect her. Then Lana gets angry at Clark.

I can't tell you how sick I'm getting of Lana. Every_single_time Clark does anything, Lana gets huffy and "hurt" at Clark's behavior. Good lord, exactly how many times has Clark saved her life, or done favors for her, etc.? I would be completely fed up at this point.

I loved the difference between how Chloe said she would react to an alien versus how Lana said she'd react. That should set off warning bells right there about Lana. If she ever does find out, we're going to be subjected to at least a week's worth of "how could you not tell me" whining.
Spoiler:
I too am getting tired of Lana's portrayal. If she reacts this way once, okay but it is so damned repetitive. It completely screws up any character development. She get mad at Clark for some silly reason (like he's defending her) the next episode they're friends again then rather than advance the characters then take two steps back and she gets mad again, the relationship is strained, they're friends again. One step forward, two steps back every time.

I wouldn't trust the girls' answers. Chloe has never before been able to resist running anything she know's on the front page or sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. I would however use the answers at least as an excuse to hook up with Chloe!
Old 04-16-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The best part of the episode, as is with any weak episode in the series, was and is always of course the Lex story lines. To me, Michael Rosenbaum saves this shows even in it's weakest moments, and deserves a good bump in pay, IMO. And the scene in that room really made me wonder what all he has in there, and lead me to speculate more about Lex, what he knows and all.

Such as, I wonder if on some computer in there he has the museum survelliance tape and has been able to filter it or whatever to better make out Clark? And what about the dynamic resuce in the hostage episode? You know Lex Corp has got to have security cameras in multiple areas in that place, and it's highly likely Lex managed to score tape of Clark entering into the building. And do you suppose the room is lined with lead? We've seen Clark use his X ray vision in the mansion before, and it's possible Lex knows Clark doesn't like lead very well. It will be quite interesting to see where the Clark/Lex dynamic goes in the coming episodes, and in season three.
Old 04-17-03, 01:50 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I guess I'm tired of 24 so I decided to watch Smallville instead. I agree about the show getting to a really mediocre re-start - they tried a little too hard to have it both ways with that kid. And why do half the actors they hire look like midgets?

Well, hope they have a good way to go out with this season. I'm eager to find out what Helen does or does not tell Lex. Anyone else think he already knows about Clark's blood?
Old 04-17-03, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MrN
And why do half the actors they hire look like midgets?
Just what I was thinking. I know Clark is tall, but that guy looked about 8 years old compared to him.

Agreed it was a rather weak new ep after the Reeve episode.

In small baby steps, Lex is inching toward the pure evil in his future.
Old 04-17-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I liked how the one bully had to stand on his tippy toes to look clark in the eyes at one point. his eyes were at mouth level and then he slowly went up, like he was straining to be a little taller
Old 04-17-03, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I knew that guy from somewhere I believe he was on 7th heaven few years ago as love interest to Lucy. I think he great actor, and I enjoyed this ep for what it was. It could been alot worse, first 5 minutes I could swore was going to be exact freak of week formula to a tee.
Old 04-24-03, 02:04 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ditto the FOtW thoughts. Glad it didn't quite turn out that way. Loved the way Lex said "They are an interesting family aren't they?".

I can't wait to watch the next episode on the TiVo.

-BT