Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Without A Trace 4/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Without A Trace 4/10

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I thought that he would have end up dead though.

A 16 year old Femme Fatale, caught me off guard.

I really like the duo of the two younger guys. They seem to make a good team.

I guess the rest of the season will be saved for May sweeps.
Old 04-11-03, 02:46 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was good.

I agree I expected him to wind up dead and the fact that the girl was a con artist was a shock.

I really hope they don't put Jack and Samantha together like they were hinting at tonight.
Old 04-11-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like every male at the FBI wants to hit Samantha

I liked the show as well. I didn't really know what was going to happen from one minute to the next.

So why was the teacher arrested? Kidnapping? Statutory Rape? Since she played him, and she is missing, wouldn't they be hard to prove? I know that it is just a show, but it kind of surprised me that he was lead away in handcuffs.
Old 04-11-03, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never seen this show, but it seems popular around here.

Sell it to me: Why should I be watching WAT?

What is great about it? What do you like best?
Old 04-11-03, 01:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Seems like every male at the FBI wants to hit Samantha

So why was the teacher arrested? Kidnapping? Statutory Rape? Since she played him, and she is missing, wouldn't they be hard to prove? I know that it is just a show, but it kind of surprised me that he was lead away in handcuffs.
I think you can shorten the first part to every male wants to hit it

I think he was arrested because she was underage but they never specified what it was exactaly. Samantha kept bringing up the point about her being only 16.
Old 04-11-03, 05:45 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by BoatDrinks
Sell it to me: Why should I be watching WAT?
Because its better than ER... I stopped watching ER this season. (Actually I have the season on VHS since I've been recording it, but I haven't seen the last three eps.)
What is great about it? What do you like best?
I like the single story one-hour format. I like the fact there are only 5 people on the team to keep track of. Its pretty obvious what their role is, and how they work together. There's no guessing. You get enough character development to understand their idioms as well as their quirks.

The intrigue of wondering if they are going to find them or not or what happened to them is an interesting conclusion, far more than L&O:CI has (which I have no interest in anymore), and Vincent Denafrio is too over the top for me.

I like the cast. I like the subtle special effects in the flashbacks. I like the human element it brings to the FBI.

A better alternative to the soap that is ER.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 04-11-03 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-11-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I concur about WAT being better than ER. I was a longtime, hardcore ER fan, but I just got sick of the horrible writing of the past few seasons. I didn't really set out to watch WAT, but after I caught one of the early episodes, I was hooked.

There is some character development, but not much, and it is at a very slow and deliberate pace. You don't always get a happy ending, but you always get a good story. As I mentioned in a post about a particular episode, it is one of the only series in years to actually have a lead suspect turn out to be the actual criminal. Most other shows put in twists and turns, but WAT doesn't really do that. I find that I never really know what the final result will be, which makes it very entertaining and addictive.

Definitely one of the best dramas on network TV right now...