Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

good morning miami 3/28/03

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-03, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good morning miami 3/28/03

best episode so far i think. i liked the end where gavin and jake had a moment while still beating up on eachother. it was great to see gavin step down from his pedestal. i liked penny's outfit again (i think they're putting her in stuff that'll make the fellahs tune it), but her and frank's story was weak.

's
the opening was weak since i didn't buy dylan's crying
penny's story (which was to go along with frank's)

's
not a lot of the grandma
penny's outfit
gavin being sensitive
the demise of fran drescher on the show
dylan and gavin officially(?) broken up
Old 03-28-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah Penny's outfit was able. I lover her interaction with Frank last night.
Old 03-28-03, 01:44 PM

i love her interaction with frank, too, but i couldn't stand what they were interacting about. frank is easily the dumbest character on the show. it is annoying at points. seems like they are trying to make him the equivalent of joey from friends. his wrestling backstory was laughable. this guy is a twig and he is a former team captain wrestler. please.
Old 03-28-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they have Penny wear those outfits every week
Old 03-28-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
frank is easily the dumbest character on the show.
Aww, c'mon... I think really stupid characters are needed for a comedy to be successful (i.e. Kramer on "Seinfeld", Joey on "Friends", Niles on "Frasier", etc.)

Frank is hilarious.

Yesterday's show was pretty good, but I thought last week was better. That poster of the grandmother and the "albino space monkey" comment... I fell over I was laughing so hard.
Old 03-29-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Penny is adorably caustic, love that in a woman.
Old 03-29-03, 04:27 PM

Could someone please tell me how this episode ended? I started talking to my wife near the end and we both missed it....
Old 03-29-03, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gavin's agent drops him. He goes to the station with a bottle of booze and is about to drown his sorrow.

Jake gets a cell phone call from Dylan asking him if she can stay at her old place (which is where Jake is subletting from her). Jake's grandma is on the other phone line and is distressed by this chance for Jake to become the Rebound Guy and tries to run interference, and forbids him to let Dylan stay over (citing the 3 week rule). Jake pays her lip service, and tells Dylan it's okay for her to stay over (and Dylan was calling just outside her old place). Grandma races over and kicks Jake out of the place.

Jake winds up at the station, finds Gavin there, all distraught and about to hit the booze again. Jake tries to reason with him, and Gavin's not buying the reasons until Jakes pull out a MOAB: If Gavin takes a drink, then he will have given up on his relationship with Dylan as she will totally be out of the picture for him and Jake will take her away from him. This freezes Gavin in his tracks, and Jake is able to take the booze away from Gavin. They trade insults all through this scene.