Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

22 Greatest Voices on MTV2

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and as far as the article you mentionned well this was done by her music label and she has no control on what they do with the marketing. Anyway it's not like she had sold cds to dead people or something lol and you can't fake the sales of over 150 million cds and the fact that she has received over 100 gold and platinum certifications from all around the world proves it. If you're jealous of all her accomplishments then shut the hell up and I'll do so also.

Last edited by mcbg1; 03-17-03 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-17-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In response to one question: I have no idea how this poll was taken...written...email...phone....I'm honestly not sure. Any way someone can find that out?

I like another person's suggestion that perhaps they might have titled the show MEMORABLE voices instead of GREATEST. There are definitely some people on that list who don't belong there, if we are talking about SINGING voices.

At one point watching the show I forgot they were saying it was GREATEST voices...as when I heard of Tupac, I thought they were just suggesting people who've had influence in their genre of music etc.

Kurt Cobain puts his all into his voice, so while its not a great singing voice, its a voice that often reflects some serious emotion (unfortunately its usually a depressed/angered emotion).

I guess thats it for now...thanks for all the responses thus far. Oh yeah....I knew SOMEONE would end up thinking "oh dear god, I've gone and replied to another stupid list". Too funny.
Old 03-17-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by harpo787
I guess thats it for now...thanks for all the responses thus far. Oh yeah....I knew SOMEONE would end up thinking "oh dear god, I've gone and replied to another stupid list". Too funny.
And BY FAR this has been the most entertaining..it's one thing for an "artist" to believe his/her own hype, it's another to have someone making claims about the amount an artist sells relating to the level of their talent..

And I find it difficult to believe that someone with the most "versatile" voice would have difficulty singing at the most recent All Star Game since the "...first song was playback in some parts but its understandable. The way this song is sung makes it hard for her to sing it all live.

Shame on her for writing a song that's too vocally demanding when it's performed live.

But, you're right..i'm jealous. That's what it is.

man...with all this backpedaling I feel like i'm talking with Bonnie Hammer..

Look "Buddy"..if ya like the chick [which you OBVIOUSLY do], just say ya do. End of story. Don't just throw your "facts" out there and not expect to be called on 'em..
Old 03-17-03, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Rogue588
[size=1] And BY FAR this has been the most entertaining..it's one thing for an "artist" to believe his/her own hype, it's another to have someone making claims about the amount an artist sells relating to the level of their talent..

And I find it difficult to believe that someone with the most "versatile" voice would have difficulty singing at the most recent All Star Game since the "...first song was playback in some parts but its understandable. The way this song is sung makes it hard for her to sing it all live.

Shame on her for writing a song that's too vocally demanding when it's performed live.

But, you're right..i'm jealous. That's what it is.

man...with all this backpedaling I feel like i'm talking with Bonnie Hammer..

Look "Buddy"..if ya like the chick [which you OBVIOUSLY do], just say ya do. End of story. Don't just throw your "facts" out there and not expect to be called on 'em..

Im throwing these facts because they are true. Listen buddy if ya don't like the chick [which you OBVIOUSLY don't], just say ya don't. End of story. Don't just throw your "dumb remarks" out there and not expect to be called on 'em..

In the same vein, you could also stop writing like a 6 years old...

As for the Boy performance at the NBA all-star game, listen to the song on her cd and you will see why it is so hard to sing live, too much chorus in the background and the way the song is sung is extremely hard ( the sound goes way up then way down continually). If you would have listened to the 2 next performances at the NBA All-Star game, which were My Saving Grace and Hero, you would have seen those were completely live and that she sang the hell out of them.

There will always be haters in this world and you are obviously one of them, I won't continue further this discussion with you since it's not worth it.

Thanks for your time

Last edited by mcbg1; 03-17-03 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-17-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
This is quite possibly the dumbest "list" i've ever seen. Ever. on any topic. Absolutley laughable. Mariah Carey = Best vocalist ever?
Old 03-18-03, 09:04 AM
Mod Emeritus

Going nowhere fast...

It's a stupid poll for heaven's sake... is it really necessary to get bent out of shape because someone thinks differently about it than you do?