Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 3/16 "Truth Takes Time"

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So how did Jack plant the passive tracker on (in?) Irina? Was it ever explained fully? I missed a little of the episode...
Old 03-17-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, that's why Jack's in the spy business...

I doubt Irina accidentally dropped the disc, she was shot in the shoulder and then dropped it.
Old 03-17-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
So how did Jack plant the passive tracker on (in?) Irina? Was it ever explained fully? I missed a little of the episode...
I'm guessing in the previous episode when Jack and Irina had their tumble in the hotel room that Jack slipped the tracker on her. In the heat of passion I'm guessing she didn't notice. Just a theory but seems plausible to me.
Old 03-17-03, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. Wasn't it mentioned before that Jack (and/or Sloane) were injected with something so they could be tracked wherever they went? I know that Sloane was able to get rid of it, but I can't remember if Jack was also injected. If he was, I wonder if it can be transmitted through sexual contact. If so, maybe that is how he inserted Irina with it, and why he didn't explain how he did it...
Old 03-17-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
I agree. Wasn't it mentioned before that Jack (and/or Sloane) were injected with something so they could be tracked wherever they went? I know that Sloane was able to get rid of it, but I can't remember if Jack was also injected. If he was, I wonder if it can be transmitted through sexual contact. If so, maybe that is how he inserted Irina with it, and why he didn't explain how he did it...
Jack wasn't a member of the alliance, AFAIK, so he didn't have the stuff injected into him.

I think he injected Irina with the passive transmitter during their little sex thing, since when Marshall asked about it, Jack ignored him. For me, it's the only logicial explination.
Old 03-18-03, 09:03 AM

The thing about Emily dying is that it turns Sloane's character more one dimensional (or at least it seems like it will). I think he's one of the best villains ever because you see different facets of his personality, including his incredible love, however twisted, for his wife. With Emily dead he may have no redeeming qualities at all. Also, as Patman stated, what will be his motivation to seek the Rambaldi artifacts?

I would have liked it better if they took her body and Sloane then wanted to somehow use Rambaldi to resurrect Emily.

Do we know that Dixon actually shot Emily? Is it possible somebody else (Sark, Irina) did? I'm no ballistics expert, but maybe that wound on her chest was an entry wound, not an exit one (she was running away from Dixon).

And why the heck was Vaughn wearing a flak jacket when Sydney, obviously, was not? Network executive: "Vaughn, you wear a flak jacket so you can get shot and survive. Sydney, you wear an open shirt with a tank top beneath so we can see your boobs."
Old 03-18-03, 09:27 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
Also, as Patman stated, what will be his motivation to seek the Rambaldi artifacts?
*shrug* Power? Especially with that "fire, fire!" device they set off at that church a few episodes ago.
I would have liked it better if they took her body and Sloane then wanted to somehow use Rambaldi to resurrect Emily.
I could totally see Sloane & Sark going on a mission to get her body.
Do we know that Dixon actually shot Emily? Is it possible somebody else (Sark, Irina) did? I'm no ballistics expert, but maybe that wound on her chest was an entry wound, not an exit one (she was running away from Dixon).
Sark was flying the helicopter directly over Dixon... that's what caused him to jerk... and I don't know much about flying a helo, but I imagine flying a helo and shooting a weapon with any sort of accuracy would be difficult.

It's hard to tell entry/exit wounds just by looking at someone that's still clothed... IMO, impossible, with shots fired over a distance. When weapons are up in closer, you should be able to see soot from the weapon collect on the clothing, but at distance, that wouldn't be there. You'd have to look at the actual wound. Some entry wounds from bullets can have what are called a "comet tail effect"... the bullet scrapes the skin on its path into the body. Entry wounds also have what are called "abrasion collars"... a ring around the bullet hole. One forensics myth is that the exit wound is always larger than the entry wound. It is sometimes, but not always. [/morethanyouwantedtoknow]
Old 03-18-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I think I picked a bad episode to start watching this show. So confused.

All I got out of it is "Jennifer Garner is hot." Luckily that was enough to get me through the whole episode.

For people that shoot pistols: Do you really flinch and blink your eyes after every shot? Pet peeve of mine.
Old 03-18-03, 11:05 AM

Received 96 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
She fell forward, yes? I'm not a ballistics expert either, but to me that would indicate a strong chance of being shot from behind. Plus...

(Minor spoiler for the next new episode)
Spoiler:
Sloane watches a satellite feed of the shooting and Dixon's muzzle flash seems to be the only one that can be attributed to the shot.

And why the heck was Vaughn wearing a flak jacket when Sydney, obviously, was not? Network executive: "Vaughn, you wear a flak jacket so you can get shot and survive. Sydney, you wear an open shirt with a tank top beneath so we can see your boobs."
My roommate and I were commenting on that too.
Old 03-18-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
*shrug* Power? Especially with that "fire, fire!" device they set off at that church a few episodes ago.
I thought that device was recovered by CIA? Besides, it seemed that was only diversionary tactic by Sloane when he gave it up, as he was really after the circular part that was carved out of a page of Rambaldi manuscript (hidden inside this ancient artifiact from the terrorist dude.)

PAL
Old 03-18-03, 02:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Diversionary tactic or not, it'd still be a nice toy to have in your toy box. Maybe the device was recovered (not sure), but they still have the plans for it, don't they?
Old 03-18-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by CharlesC
Wow, I think I picked a bad episode to start watching this show. So confused.

All I got out of it is "Jennifer Garner is hot." Luckily that was enough to get me through the whole episode.

For people that shoot pistols: Do you really flinch and blink your eyes after every shot? Pet peeve of mine.
No, your not supposed to.
anybody got a pic from the end of the episode, there was a great see through shot when she was sitting up listening to the morse code.

And CharlesC, if you got any questions in regards to the plot (if you even paid attention) the members here will gladly help you out, I've gotten help here since I am new as well.
Old 03-18-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
No, your not supposed to.
anybody got a pic from the end of the episode, there was a great see through shot when she was sitting up listening to the morse code.

Hmm sydney see though shots......Hmmm

As far as Irina I was thinking the same thing. Jack must have slipped her the transmitter when they had that affair.

Does anyone think that Sloane is really the father or something like that? There is something weird going on there. I think it was Irina who got pissed about Sloane talking about Sydney like a "daughter" or something like that?

Deleted tags on non-spoiler - Static
Old 03-18-03, 03:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Yes, it was Irina who was all like, "Never talk of your love for Sydney again." He is the guy that ordered the hit on Syd's fiancee... despite Irina's alliance with him, it doesn't sound like she wants to hear his bullcrap about how much he cares for Syd. Or maybe he really is the dad, but Irina and he made some deal about how he would act in that capacity or acknowledge his fatherhood.

Hmm. I don't know enough about Season 1 and the back story between Arvin, Emily, and Irina... but is it possible that Arvin and Irina had some sort of tryst, and that's why Emily was so "WTH!??!?" when she saw Irina on the plane? I mean, other than the whole "dead superspy walking" thing.
Old 03-18-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i would assume that emily thought, as did syd, that irina had 'died' so as to not let them in on the fact that she was a spy for the russians, but i could be wrong. i still hope that irina will turn out to be double crossing sloane.
Old 03-19-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by thejammy
Hmm sydney see though shots......Hmmm
It might not have been as good as the Kim shots, but it was still a good one.
Old 03-19-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
Hmm. I don't know enough about Season 1 and the back story between Arvin, Emily, and Irina... but is it possible that Arvin and Irina had some sort of tryst, and that's why Emily was so "WTH!??!?" when she saw Irina on the plane? I mean, other than the whole "dead superspy walking" thing.
I figured that Emily and Irina were friends....Sloane and Jack were once CIA Agents, and thus co-workers, and they some time together, and the wives met every now and then. After Irina "died", Emily acted as a 2nd mother to Syd, so that's how the whole relationship is set.

I think.