Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 02/12/03 :The Men vs. the Women

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The deaf girl, Christy, is supposed to be an outdoor adventure guide for children isn't she? Then why in the hell isn't she giving some guidance on living in the outdoors, camping, etc.? She could have helped them make the fire for chrissakes. I hope this isn't going to be some gigantic pity party for her. All she has done is stay to the outside and give confessionals. Make an effort, get involved! And for the love of all that is holy - shave your underarms!

Watching the women trying to build a platform, particularly the legs and braces, w/ loose timber was hilarious! You think, like, they could realize that they might have to tie stuff down.
Old 02-14-03, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I do hope Christy does well...come on.

She starts blubbering that no one is helping her out and she can't tell what's going on around the campfire and that "this happens every time" and "it's always like this" -- so WHY is it a surprise? What was she expecting? "Oh, maybe in the Amazon while everyone is starving and trying to play an intense strategy game for a million dollars the other players will try to help me get through it."

F- you! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the Amazon.
Old 02-14-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heidi
Old 02-15-03, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think you guys are being WAY too hard on Christy. Sure, she should have been more up front with everyone and more outgoing to place herself in a position with the tribe, but it's gotta be tough when you have a disability that automatically casts you as an outsider. And don't you bet that the players might be a little standoffish with her because of the communication barrier?

I'm not saying she's without blame, but to rake her over the coals is a bit unfair, I think. If given enough time, I bet she overcomes the insecurities she's struggling with and becomes quite a competitor. She's gotta be a tough person for going on the show knowing what she was going to face.

That's a really good point about her being an outdoors guide, though. It sure does seem like she should have been able to provide more input.
Old 02-15-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Count one more for Heidi. Jenna is good looking too, but doesnt seem to have any brains. Shawna is cute... but it's Heidi that I'll be watching

This looks like it could be one of the better seasons of Survivor.
Old 02-15-03, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Boot
I think you guys are being WAY too hard on Christy. Sure, she should have been more up front with everyone and more outgoing to place herself in a position with the tribe, but it's gotta be tough when you have a disability that automatically casts you as an outsider. And don't you bet that the players might be a little standoffish with her because of the communication barrier?

I'm not saying she's without blame, but to rake her over the coals is a bit unfair, I think. If given enough time, I bet she overcomes the insecurities she's struggling with and becomes quite a competitor. She's gotta be a tough person for going on the show knowing what she was going to face.

That's a really good point about her being an outdoors guide, though. It sure does seem like she should have been able to provide more input.
if christy provide too much inputs, others might view her as a leader and a threat, and ppl on survivor tend to dislike that and voted you off, like the priest from the last survivor.
Old 02-15-03, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by the_dude8
if christy provide too much inputs, others might view her as a leader and a threat, and ppl on survivor tend to dislike that and voted you off, like the priest from the last survivor.
You're right. but she could offer a little helpful advice. Plus if she plays her cards right she could go a long way. No one wants to be the jag who voted out the deaf chick.