Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Miracles 2/10/03

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-03, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miracles 2/10/03

i liked this one a lot. i liked the first one, missed the 2nd, but think this series is shaping up (though i'm sure it'll be canceled)
Old 02-11-03, 12:37 AM
Banned

Its not a reality show. Of course it will be cancelled.
Not as good as last week but still not a bad episode.
I like the show but more people are probably watching Crossing Jordan.

Whatever.
Old 02-11-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm really liking this show. I love paranormal/religious mysteries. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled.

EDIT: Okay, I did NOT see that last bit coming...damn...

Last edited by Kal-El; 02-11-03 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-11-03, 12:59 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was thinking the daughter was a ghost because there were several hints. But then she brought Paul the coffee and I guess the whole thing with Giles on Buffy screwed with me since I was thinking ghosts can't touch things. Even after that I thought their was something weird with her.
Old 02-11-03, 02:00 AM

I am really enjoying this show. The first one is my favorite of the three shown so far. I did see tonight's ending coming. Well, partially anyway. I suspected his daughter was dead, but I did not link it to that disease he was researching. There were hints prior to my deciding she was otherworldly, but it was cemented when Paul was spying on them and they were on opposite sides of the house with no hint on the father's side that he knew she was there.

I find her need to kiss Paul so poignant knowing that she was afflicted w/ that disease and most likely didn't get to kiss anyone for a long time before her death. I think I may have teared up a little...until they showed her grave stone. The sun shining on her engraved face was a little overkill IMO.

In summation, I enjoyed this episode, but I think I was expecting a little more from David Greenwalt. Next week's looks really good though.

~wis
Old 02-11-03, 02:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was good.

I liked how the entity was a bit of a smartass. "Blocking the door, kind of kinky"

I figured their was something up with Raina but when he said she was dead it was a surprise.

I thought they went overkill with the orange in that polaroid. I was laughing when they showed the picture.

I liked the first one the most so far, this one was alot better then last weeks. Next weeks looks really gool.
Old 02-11-03, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ABC is notoriously impatient w/ drama series. After they've kicked me in the groin three times (Prey, Gideon's Crossing, Philly), I'm not very sangine about them, so I don't really commit to watching any new shows on that network.

Having said that, let me declare, that...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MARISSA RAMIREZ !!!

I've watched her for the last few years on General Hospital, and the young lady is a STAR.
Old 02-11-03, 03:19 AM

I found myself so mesmarized by the actress playing the daughter. Only to have my heart broken to find out the truth.
I really felt for Paul because he had fallen as hard for her I as I had.

This is one of those shows that you expect to be cancelled because it is so good, and because it's on ABC (Another Bad Cancellation). Here's hoping they change their pattern.

What if they put the very ordinary Dragnet on Monday after the Practice and switch Miracles to Sunday after Alias. I'm talking for next season though. I actually like the ABC Monday night right now.
Old 02-11-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by writteninstars
There were hints prior to my deciding she was otherworldly, but it was cemented when Paul was spying on them and they were on opposite sides of the house with no hint on the father's side that he knew she was there.

What about when he shut the door when he was on the phone and she was standing there.
Old 02-11-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What I was thinking was, a similar "entity", but working for the Good side was "guiding" Raina and that's how she knew things.
Old 02-11-03, 11:28 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I am really starting to like this show. Too bad it's up against CSI: Miami - I hope it will stick around for a while. I don't know if I see that happening though.
Old 02-11-03, 11:47 AM
Banned

I like the idea of moving Miracles after Alias. Fits better.
I am still stumped why people like CSI Miami. Its not very good and not as remotely entertaining as the original but people watch clones of Law and Order so...

I started catching on that something was up with the daughter because she was in the house but never talked to her Dad.
How does a ghost make phone calls and kiss someone?
Old 02-11-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth cooper2000 •<HR SIZE=1>
I started catching on that something was up with the daughter because she was in the house but never talked to her Dad.
How does a ghost make phone calls and kiss someone?
<HR SIZE=1>

She's not a manifestation of "The First," so who knows what rules ghosts play by in this show.

das
Old 02-11-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I enjoyed the show, but my wife messed it up for me when halfway through the show she said that the daughter was dead. Other than that I like the show just fine.
Old 02-12-03, 11:41 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is the first episode of this show I've seen, and I'm not a fan.

I think it takes itself way too seriously - unlike the other 'good' paranormal shows. And then they throw religious aspects in there. Not my cup o' tea.

I guessed the ghost thing way too early and I'm not a Skeet Ulrich fan.
Old 02-12-03, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MrN
This is the first episode of this show I've seen, and I'm not a fan.

I think it takes itself way too seriously - unlike the other 'good' paranormal shows. And then they throw religious aspects in there. Not my cup o' tea.
The title of the show is "Miracles". Wasn't that kind of a giveaway already that there'd be religious aspects in it?
Old 02-12-03, 04:40 PM

I thought this was the best episode so far, although next week's does look very good. I figured out that she was a ghost towards the end when she was standing next to her father's hospital bed, and said I love you. He didn't say a word or acknowledge her presence in the room
Old 02-12-03, 07:01 PM
Banned

Way too seriously?
Did you ever watch the first few seasons of X-files?
If you are looking for a lite show, this isnt it.

There are allot of reality shows on all the networks that dont take themselves seriously at all.
Old 02-17-03, 04:54 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Finally got around to watching this episode - I really enjoyed it. I had a feeling she was a ghost when Paul was watching the house from his car outside and there were 2 distinct shots of the daughter and father. I knew it for sure when he gave her a kiss goodbye. The final shot of the daughter made her look rather angelic.

Can't wait for tonight's episode!
Old 02-17-03, 10:11 PM

no episode tonight. more MJ