Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New host on Cheaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-03, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New host on Cheaters

Damn, this new host Joey Greco is a wimp. He can't control the victims, he stands there while the cheater walks all over the client, and worst off all, he's dropping the sleaze level on one of my favorite shows.

For example, here's how the standard cheaters scenario used to go.
Tommy shows video of girlfriend to client. clients gets upset, and says they dont want to see anymore. Tommy says 'OK' and continues to show the video to the person anyway. Classic.

The new guy closes the camcorder as soon as the client tears up. Thus removing any enjoyment of seeing a person breakdown and worse, lessing the emotional impact of the upcoming confrontation for the client.

2nd example.
The cheater is caught redhanded, cameras everywhere. The cheater says 'Why did you have to bring these cameras', trying to focus the blame and guilt on the victim. Tommy would step in, and remind the cheater how they lied to the client, and how this was the only way for the truth to come out, etc. Taking control of the situation and putting it back where it belongs, with the viewers who want to see the carnage.

The new guy stands there while the cheater rips into the victim and makes them feel bad for bringing a TV show into thier personal lives. The new host doesn't understand that the victim is usually weak and cant stand up to the onslaught. But does he step in and help? nope. Meanwhile, the victim is getting verbally abused by the cheaters.

Ahh, where is Tommy Grand when you need him?

D
Old 02-09-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,804 Likes on 1,127 Posts
I HATE THIS SHOW. Self Righteous crap

Well, they had ep with lesbians doing it on video ...but other than that....I hate this show.
Old 02-09-03, 09:11 PM
Banned

After everyone had left my house last night after a party, I was surfing and came across this show.
My god, what has the public sunk too?

Of course I was anibriated so I sat there with my mouth open and laughing.

The one last night was classic. The Lesbian Girl though her girlfriend was cheating so they follow her and find out that she is in fact cheating but not with another Woman but the Lesbian girls Brother.

And I thought my life was complicated???

I thought I was the only one in the US that would have noticed there was a new host.

The stress finally got to the other host and they probably had to replace him.
Old 02-10-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show is hilarious.

I agree, Joey Greco can't hold Tommy Grand's jock. Tommy was great and berating the guest the whole way to their escape, while Joey is much more nudge nudge, wink wink.

They need Tommy back, but I'll be watching regardless. Also, why are they always in Texas?
Old 02-11-03, 01:44 AM

Note from Tommy;

I would like to personally thank you for your support over the last 3 years. You will hear lots of things regarding why I am not on the show, but I can tell you directly and simply; I did not leave the show by choice, but to the contrary, I have been forced out by unlawful greed to which I cannot fully comment at this time due to pending litigation. I also miss hosting this show that I helped give birth to and appreciate all the continued fan mail from disappointed viewers who follow my work. Many thanks - Tommy
Old 02-11-03, 04:21 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

As much as it pains me to admit. Greco DID eek out the slightest bit of spine this week when he called that dude out about saying he was just "shaggin'" a gal. Tommy Habeeb was MUCH better about subtly up'ing the tension. Loved the first Greco episode when he foolishly lept between two dudes and got knock flat on his hiney. It's STILL the best exploitation series on TV.
Old 02-11-03, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Applejack
This show is hilarious.

I agree, Joey Greco can't hold Tommy Grand's jock. Tommy was great and berating the guest the whole way to their escape, while Joey is much more nudge nudge, wink wink.

They need Tommy back, but I'll be watching regardless. Also, why are they always in Texas?
I don't care for Joey at all. I might have to give up my Sunday night guilty pleasure if they don't get rid of him.

It is always in Texas because that is where it is produced. I would guess that they don't have the budget to film in other places.
Old 08-03-03, 06:44 PM
Banned

This show is starting to get crazy. Last night, Joey got stabbed by some hick was cheating on his pregnant girlfriend. The dude was bleeding all over the place.

Last week, a boyfriend caught his girlfriend banging two other chicks! One was wearing a construction outfit, the other had a gas mask on. The girlfriend said something like, "How could I tell you that I wanted you to dress up like a construction worker and f**K me up the a**?!"

Whoa, either this crap is fake or it's the best god-damn show on TV. Either way it's still pretty entertaining. Now that Joey is "stabbed" maybe they can bring Tommy back. I love his "You should be ashamed of yourself!" rants.
Old 08-03-03, 07:05 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

"Starting" to get crazy? Must be new to the show. There's some discussion of the stabbing in this thread from back in May when it first aired ...
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=271694
Old 08-03-03, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
"Starting" to get crazy? Must be new to the show. There's some discussion of the stabbing in this thread from back in May when it first aired ...
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=271694
Thanks for the link. I must have missed it when I did the search on Cheaters. So I caught re-runs the last couple weeks. It airs on midnight on Saturdays, so I only watch it if I have nothing to do.
Old 08-03-03, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I saw one epidode of this a long time ago... what channel/time/day is it on?
Old 08-03-03, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I think it's one of those midnight syndication shows. everytime I have seen it, it was on at some ungodly hour in the night. what a awful show.
Old 08-03-03, 07:43 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I think it's one of those midnight syndication shows.
In most markets, yes. But in others it airs in weekend primetime and against SNL ... here's a list by state ...
http://www.cheaters.com/air.php
Old 08-03-03, 10:43 PM
Banned

Cheaters is such a gay show. Its such a dumb concept. Let people deal with it on there own. Dont support trash televission!!!
Old 08-04-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found this show hilarious, but after 3 episodes, it's enough, you can't watch anymore. That as well as each time you watch it, your mind is constantly going "I can't belive I'm watching this trash... why am I watching these people be exploited?"

My favorite was the guy who found his girlfriend (who he was going to marry) cheating with his friend, but then forgave the friend, and ditched the girl. Awwwww...

I had no idea the stabbing thing happened.
Old 08-04-03, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
I hate the term "guilty pleasure" (why should one feel guilty about something one finds pleasurable?), but this show is one of the few I can label as such. Wow, what a steaming turd! Still, the elements of intrigue and expectation win me over.

On the other hand, analyze the format for about a milisecond and one realizes how thoroughly corrupt and self-contradictory it is: A crew of P.I.s sternly reproaches and shames adulterers while concurrently revelling in the prurience and voyeurism. Notice how the reactions of the cheaters' spouses are exploited to the fullest; no compassion here. Then the group of crusaders takes the victim (usually some hick launching a litany of bleeped expletives), tracks down the scumbags and, with multiple cameras and boom mics at the ready, ambushes the unfaithful one with a complete lack of discretion. Moralistic sleaze merchants!?

FOX is indeed the master of flagrant hypocrisy.

By the way, although there's no excuse for violence, that "Greco" knob sort of invited the knife attack when he didn't obey several insistent pleas to remove himself from the creep's boat.