Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

good morning miami - 1-23-03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-24-03, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad episode. i really like the show but this episode was nothing like the stuff i came to expect. penny just got completely weird. like she turned into this whole other person just because of a kiss. annoying. i like the somber moment with gavin and other guy. good to see gavin can have real moments. also annoyed at jake; seems like a real *******. the whole list thing so ripped off of friends. but really, the episode was subpar. maybe next week.
Old 01-24-03, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Wow, I actually liked this episode... I feel the characters are finally starting to go in different directions than the one dimensional ones they were at the beginning of the show. Glad to see the nun is gone, and the hot Spanish girl was good eye candy, but kind of annoying.

Have to agree on the list though... I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

I hope this show sticks around... I liked Inside Shwartz and The Weber Show (but not many others did) so it would be nice for the third time to be a charm.
Old 01-24-03, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked Inside Schwartz also but couldn't stand Weber Show except for looking at Amy Pitez.

As for GMM... great episode I thought. Mmmm Penny I am glad Dylan got the hell shocked into her she needs a wake up call. Sister Brenda and Lousia (sp?) were not in the episode again... wonder if they are gone for good? And I am sure people in the real world have done the list thing way before Friends put it in an episode.
Old 01-24-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by nightwing82
Sister Brenda and Lousia (sp?) were not in the episode again... wonder if they are gone for good? ...
I noticed they were not in the opening credits.
Old 01-24-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think they did ditch the sister and the co-host.

Penny is da bomb! She's a better package than Dylan.
Old 01-24-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 806 Likes on 595 Posts
NBC is bringing back Supersized thursdays. Friends, Scrubs, and Will and Grace will be 40 minutes long. We may not see Good morning miami during sweeps. They are going to have to add some new cast members. Maybe a new weather woman and a new co-anchor.
Old 01-24-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by movielib
I noticed they were not in the opening credits.
Oops, I went back to the computer when the opening sequence started. Ill have to rewatch on the PVR.

Here are the next airdates for Miami:

02/06/03 "MUTT & JAKE"

02/13/03 "THE BIG LEAP"

Perhaps Lucia and Sister Brenda did not sign on for the rest of the season when NBC put in the full season order.
Old 01-24-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe that they just ripped off that "list" storyline from Friends except for the fact that it kinda worked out for him rather than Ross. Still, it should be interesting to see what happens.
Old 01-24-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tofu
I can't believe that they just ripped off that "list" storyline from Friends except for the fact that it kinda worked out for him rather than Ross. Still, it should be interesting to see what happens.
Maybe Ross should have done what this guy did...
Old 01-24-03, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by huzefa
Maybe Ross should have done what this guy did...
It still wouldn't have helped since Chandler typed Ross' list on a computer and misspelled Rachel's name as Rachum.
Old 01-24-03, 01:18 PM

wow. i am usually the one singing the shows praises, and here i am on the opposite side of the tracks. oh well. i still like the show and it is definitely in my top 2 new ones for the season, i just felt they forced this episode. like they did the last episode of ed. the characters didn't really seem to feel what they were doing (maybe gavin). penny's character from the last minute of the last episode to the first minute of this episode was really different. she was in love with the guy the threw out the ftf (friends thatf uck) rule. still think it was a worse episode than some of the others. penny still gives me the hot, and new wave dylan still bothers me in a giving me the hot kind of way. and i am really glad to see the nun and lucia gone, they were annoying.
Old 01-24-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well, the pros/cons list thing isn't exactly an original thing on tv/movies. the friends episode just happens to be what sticks out in your mind. for me, it was no big deal. there's nothing nowadays that's original anymore.
Old 01-24-03, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the nun and lucia gone were good moves. BUT they need to add some fresh blood. just jake, penny, dylan, and gavin is going to get stale REAL fast.

they need a good macho/moron character...like The Todd!!! man, i love that character!
Old 01-24-03, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by hahn
the nun and lucia gone were good moves. BUT they need to add some fresh blood. just jake, penny, dylan, and gavin is going to get stale REAL fast.

they need a good macho/moron character...like The Todd!!! man, i love that character!
"no charge...i'm going out again."
Old 01-24-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
"no charge...i'm going out again."
i nearly got a cramp from laughing at that.
Old 01-24-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
It still wouldn't have helped since Chandler typed Ross' list on a computer and misspelled Rachel's name as Rachum.
So what? Ross could have done the same thing this guy did and gotten away with it. (IMO)