Reload this Page >

Angel 1-22-03 Long Day's Journey

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 1-22-03 Long Day's Journey

Old 01-23-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It has been 5 years since we've seen Angelus though (end of Buffy season 2)."

And since we never "saw" Angelus last night only discussion and a flashback, season 2 of Angel has to count because of the flashback involving Darla and Drusilla's story arch. I really miss their shopping spree, that was good television.

So there you have it another continuity issue with those at the Whedon camp, but "Angel" is the better program as of the last two (2) seasons.
Old 01-23-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
Angel was prempted here in the Baltimore area for the Duke v. NC State game. It bogels my mind since it's not even an area game. They did the same thing last week and played it on Saturday but another game caused it to start late so TiVo missed the last 10 minutes. I'm not enjoying this new time slot at all.
Old 01-23-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by retihsuhnt

And since we never "saw" Angelus last night only discussion and a flashback, season 2 of Angel has to count because of the flashback involving Darla and Drusilla's story arch. I really miss their shopping spree, that was good television.
Oh hell, if you are going to count flashbacks, how about last season of Angel when they were recounting the whole Holtz backstory? I still say that the last time we actually saw Angelus (in the now) was in season 1 of Angel.

Last edited by Morf; 01-23-03 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-23-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"As far as evil plans go, it doesn't suck."

This whole Angel storyline better be leading to one place and one place only: the long-awaited death of Bay City Roller-haired Connor.

Plus, how will they top the danger element of this season? By going all apocalyptic now, what will they do for next season? A small, intimate, lovey-dovey character study?

Oh horrors.
Old 01-23-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
I sorta hate to say it but so far this season I think Angel is much more interesting and exciting with its macrostory than Buffy is. Right now I'd say Buffy S7 is my least favorite season. I really hope that changes because it seems like it would be hard to screw up the plot they've got but I've been sorta bored with the last few eps of Buffy. Angel, however, is really drawing me in right now. I really liked the last two episodes of Angel (despite the Connor/Cordy pity sex thang)

Hope they both do end the season with a bang though

Michael
Old 01-23-03, 11:17 AM

Why does this "character we haven't seen in 5 years" thing even matter? Wasn't that just said on AICN's review of the episode? It's nothing from the actual show.
Old 01-23-03, 02:23 PM
Banned

They bring Angelus back with some sort of spell so its not the Hapiness thing this time.
If the show isnt picked up by WB, I think it goes to UPN like Buffy did. I remember reading this a while back.

They would be stupid to cancel it. Look how long they have kept Dawsons Creek on.

Still waiting for the farscape reviews das.
Old 01-23-03, 02:30 PM
Banned

P.S, what is going on in the W& H building? Did anyone call the police or send a cleanup crew?
Old 01-23-03, 03:06 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
They bring Angelus back with some sort of spell so its not the Hapiness thing this time.
If the show isnt picked up by WB, I think it goes to UPN like Buffy did. I remember reading this a while back.
I believe last season was the only time when UPN would have had to pick up Angel.

As far as Angelus
Spoiler:
It is a spell, but the spell makes him have a dream and in the dream events occur that lead him to have the moment of happiness.
Old 01-23-03, 07:03 PM
Banned

Would we be asking for too much if that dream was with Buffy?
My question is, how do they control Angelus? I am guessing not too well since the rumors are he kills someone that is a reccuring cast member.
Old 01-23-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Um, spoiler much?
Old 01-23-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It was in next week's teaser though I know how some consider that a spoiler (freaks!)

Cooper2000 was clearly more flagrantly spoiling things.
Old 01-24-03, 07:45 AM

Spoiler:
I am guessing not too well since the rumors are he kills someone that is a reccuring cast member.

Thanks for the spoiler.
Old 01-24-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by grunter
"As far as evil plans go, it doesn't suck."

So when the plot to get rid of the sun was revealed, did anyone else think of Mr. Burns on the Simpsons?

"Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!"
Old 01-24-03, 10:52 AM
MrN

Another great episode. Looks like they love to toss around Connor with that Wire-Fu.

I liked how the episode flowed, starting with a 'mission' and then the mystery of the murder in the locked door. Of course Gwen was the easy suspect - I'm still not sure its not. I mean, unless Angelus is coming out when no one is looking. How?

Lots of possibilities to go on - which is why the show is good I guess. Not very predictable.
Old 01-24-03, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
So when the plot to get rid of the sun was revealed, did anyone else think of Mr. Burns on the Simpsons?

"Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!"
Totally....I almost had a a hard time taking it seriously for a second, because I was thinking how easy it would be for Homer and Bart to foil big bad demon's plans.
Old 01-25-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Wow spoilers galore, thanks buddies.
Old 01-26-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buffy-Season 7 is a whole lot better than Buffy-Season 6.

As for Angel, this season is as good as last season. The biggest complaint is, because of contractual issues, Lorne is listed as a guest star instead of a regular. I do hope that the show gets picked up for another season. With all the stuff happening this season, we've got aftermath to deal with next season.
Old 01-26-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 228 Likes on 133 Posts
Lorne will be in the opening credits as a regular within a few episodes... number 14, I think? I think Andy Hallett announced it on his web site.