Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 1-21-03 "Potential"

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I heard Ashanti will be guesting in a future ep. I wonder if she is playing the role that was intended for Britney Spears?
Old 01-22-03, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nuther vote of for the Xander/Dawn scene. One of these days, they have to have him save the world or something.

Again.

I don’t know about Xander as a Watcher. He’s just too “common.” Having said that, and knowing that I’m usually wrong about these things…

Buffy lecturing should be used for folks with problems sleeping.

As far as Dawn and her angst, I’m not very convinced. And I don’t like when she goes into whine mode. But, DAMN! She can squeak and scream like nobody else!
Old 01-22-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I think Dawn feels left out. I don't get the whole angst thing. Here's how I think the show will end. As someone else said
Spoiler:
Buffy will die in Angel's arms
and then This is my prediction
Spoiler:
they flash to the scene with the new slayer and her watcher Xander.
Old 01-22-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Okay I have a monkey wrench question. Are we sure that Dawn is not a SIT? The dust from Willow's spell went through Dawn to get to the other girl instead of going around her. As much as I hate the prospect is it possible that they're both SIT's?
On a happier note, I'd love to see Xander as a watcher. There are more parallels between Willow and Giles but given the nonexistent number or watcher's running around I don't think they'll be very picky about potential applicants.
Old 01-22-03, 06:30 PM

About all of this watcher stuff. Watchers aren't just "chosen" like slayers are. They are picked by the council to watch over a slayer or potential slayer. So with the council pretty much gone, there isn't going to be an official watcher like there has been in the past.
Old 01-22-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Presumably, there are at least a few Watchers left (including Giles?) and the Council could be rebuilt.

HOWEVER... (this comes from Joss' comic "Fray" and may possibly contain big S7 spoilers)

Spoiler:

Joss Whedon is writing a comic book series called "Fray" for Dark Horse Comics. Fray takes place in the far future of the Buffyverse. Apparently, at some time in the past, a Slayer and an army of light permanently vanquished demonic evil from the world. And it was also the end of the Slayers. Could this be a reference to the events of S7: Buffy, the First Evil, and the Slayers in Training?

Interesting thing about Fray is that was solicited as an eight-issue series long ago. Six issues were published, and after a lengthy delay, the final two issues will be out this spring. Which coincides with the end of the seventh season of Buffy.
Old 01-22-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They haven't shown the Principal in a few episodes. Someone post in a spoiler that.
Spoiler:
His mother was the slayer that spike killed in the subway
He's a shady character.
Old 01-23-03, 01:02 AM
Banned

I just think they tried to too hard to pull at my heart strings in the last scene. It was just too much.
Angel was much better this week.

The last two issues of Fray still arent out. I waited so long, I forgot about them. Bout time.

James Marsters said at this weekend Sci Fi convention that the ending of the season is very romantic and...touching. Hmmm.
I think its time for the end and I hope this season is it.
The series is showing its age even though it is still a must see each week.
Old 01-23-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do any of you think James Marsters is 41? According to IMDB he was born in 1961. He doesn't look that old.
Old 01-23-03, 11:12 AM

Faith should be the legitimate Slayer imo, but playing devil's advocate and to fill the story loophole ....
Spoiler:

When Willow wanted to resurrect Tara, she was told that it wasn't possible because she had died a natural death, so perhaps the nature of Buffy's end meant it disqualified the death from generating a new Slayer.
An argument could be made that Buffy died a special way from unnatural causes at the end of season 5, so the Scooby gang weren't automatically expecting a new Slayer.

As for James Marsters he is gorgeous regardless of age.
Old 01-23-03, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by lwhy?
Do any of you think James Marsters is 41? According to IMDB he was born in 1961. He doesn't look that old.
TVTome has his birthday as August 20, 1969.
Old 01-23-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's been rumored that Marster is older than he looks, and could be in his late 30's, early 40's. IMDB didn't list his birthday year as of a couple of months ago (I remember checking it in the fall last year), now it says 8/20/62.
Old 01-23-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
While I love the show,
Spoiler:
having Buffy die for a third time would be really lame.
Old 01-23-03, 02:33 PM
Banned

By the way, met the guy who plays Clem over the weekend. Never what you would expect. Quite nice too.
Old 01-23-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
By the way, met the guy who plays Clem over the weekend. Never what you would expect. Quite nice too.
How was he what you wouldn't expect?

Man, that Clem is one of my favorites.......
Old 01-23-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have seen the 1969 bday and the 1962 bday listed for Marsters he must have found the fountain of youth. He looks about 27 or 28. He must wear tons of make up if he is 41.
Old 01-23-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kids.

I was still occasionally carded at that age.
Old 01-23-03, 04:01 PM
Banned

Question: Isnt Buffy already dead? It was said that the First evil only takes form of those already passed away, yet he clearly uses the Buffy form with Spike. Whats going on there?
Old 01-23-03, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
My understanding from the way things were explained is that Buf is neither dead or alive - likely more dead, if anything. Her most recent resurrection brought her back "not quite right", and she is technically not 100% normal/alive
Old 01-23-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
My interpretation was that the first takes the form of those who are dead. Buffy has been dead, twice no less and that's why the first can take her form. I thought Tara dismissed the idea that something was really wrong with Buffy.
Old 01-23-03, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

need...more...anya!

Old 01-24-03, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by Lateralus42
Question: Isnt Buffy already dead? It was said that the First evil only takes form of those already passed away, yet he clearly uses the Buffy form with Spike. Whats going on there?
I thought the wording was that the First took the form of people who'd died. Not people who are dead, but just people who died. In that case, it doesn't matter whether or not Buffy's alive now. She died (twice, even) so the First can take her form. That's how I'd taken Giles' statement.
Old 01-24-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dolphinboy
need...more...anya!
Nice pic!

I'd hit it!

Old 01-24-03, 11:14 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, let me say that this 'new episode every two weeks' is really making the show lose momentum.

Anyway, I dreaded that we would have 'Dawn the Vampire slayer' next season and then I was happy she was 'normal.' Or is she? She still has 'the blood' - like Anya said 'I never got that.'

Re: the whole succession thing. I don't think Buffy wants the SITs knowing at this stage about the Slayer that went bad and is in jail. They're already demoralized and making jokes about her and Spike. Hence, as far as they are concerned, if Buffy dies one of them takes over. Either that or she just forgot she wasn't the official slayer.

Good episode overall - esp. because of Xander. I think he is pretty much Whedon's personality in the show - and so he will continue to be pivotal yet powerless in the Scooby Gang.
Old 01-24-03, 07:21 PM
Banned

Yeah, what is up with the repeats every other week? They just had a month break.

There are a lot of spoilers on upcoming episodes on aintitcool.com

and one is very interesting about the lineage of the Slayers and the future of it too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.