Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Joe Millionaire 1/20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joe Millionaire 1/20

Old 01-21-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Scot1458 •<HR SIZE=1>what's with all the "smoking knocked her down" comments?

You guys review for IMDB too?
<HR SIZE=1>

I don't mind hanging out with chimneys; making out with chimneys is something else entirely.

das
Old 01-21-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Everyone has their deal breaker, and smoking is definitely one for me.
Old 01-21-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Scot. Its kinda nasty to make out with a smoker but that's not what we are talking about.
Old 01-21-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth BDLOU •<HR SIZE=1>I agree with Scot. Its kinda nasty to make out with a smoker but that's not what we are talking about. <HR SIZE=1>

I get the IMDB joke ... just figured it was an aside to his main comment.

das
Old 01-21-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I still think Mellisa M Is the hottest of the bunch. They keep showing the girls ages on the screen and it says MoJo is 25? That can't be true. If it is she's the oldest looking 25 year old I've ever seen.
Old 01-21-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't get past Melissa M's Baba Booey teeth.
Old 01-21-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mellisa M. is one of those chicks that tries to be overly cute. And its working on Evan. That's my pick for a winner at this point.
Old 01-21-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Evan ends up with either of the Melissas, they will both drop him like hot potato, and he'll get what he deserved for falling for women like them.

(Then again, I believe nothing of permanence can be achieved through gameshows like these).
Old 01-21-03, 11:24 AM

Count me in for wanting to see a gold digger win. I always had an inkling that he might not actually be poor, but that would make the show completely worthless if he actually has money. I would never watch this show if it were just the Bachelor (which I also passed on). Hope it's not true.
Old 01-21-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I find Melissa M to be unattractive. Or maybe it's because she reminds me of Irene from Real World Seattle.

Melissa M

Irene
Old 01-21-03, 01:05 PM

I agree with the fellas here, once you get a taste of that smokers breathe its game over for me. It so nasty . The taste stays in my mouth for days and the smell of smoke lingers on my clothes then it gets inside my apartment. I pass. Go Zora!! to shay
Old 01-21-03, 01:23 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing that Melissa M looks like Irene. Also that she's not too attractive and is clearly a golddigger.
Old 01-21-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
man, I hope none of them blaspheme at all!!

I'm rooting for Melissa M....she's so damn cute!!!
Old 01-21-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by the aftermath
I find Melissa M to be unattractive. Or maybe it's because she reminds me of Irene from Real World Seattle.

Melissa M

For me it's Mr.Ed.
Old 01-21-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

that mojo chick just seems way too trailer trash-y for me and she looks so old compared to the others! i keep hearing everyone say she beautiful but that stupid hat and those wrinkles, i can't get past that!

i also dont understand, the curly haired one, she seems completely fake but he keeps buying into it!

do you think he's been asked to choose one that's a true gold-digger for ratings sake or do you think he's really going for "true love" b/c it seems that fox went to great extent to get some filthy, gold-digging bee-otches (with no class)!
Old 01-21-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,058 Likes on 641 Posts
Glad I am not the only one who thought that the smoking made the girls totally unattractive. If I was Joe, I would have ditched them awhile back if I had known of them smoking.

Nothing more gross than seeing a super hot chick in a bar puffing away on cigarettes like there is no tomorrow. It just seems low class nowadays. (or high school)

Could Zora & Joe possibly have less chemistry?
Old 01-21-03, 07:22 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by whotony
thats not anywere on their website. was that on todays show?

he was also on caroline rhea show and told a story about when the guy saw some photos of a very expensive car in a mag. and the way the joe mil reacted showed to the butler that this guy never had this kind of money.

also why would the butler say that when there are still a few shows left that need to air.
Honestly I wasn't paying a ton of attention when the butler came on but I swear that's how it sounded.

Here's an article about it, but without a word from the butler:
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...px?news=112826
Old 01-21-03, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 595 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Honestly I wasn't paying a ton of attention when the butler came on but I swear that's how it sounded.

Here's an article about it, but without a word from the butler:
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...px?news=112826
i still doubt the butler said anything like that.

that article re-iterates the rumor that has been going around.

but it could be true.

would be funny if it was.
Old 01-21-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
There's no way the butler would say anything like that. The people have to sign clauses that if they reveal the info they it would cost them major $$. My wife had to sign when she was on the Weakest Link.

I agree w/Melissa M looking like Irene. I kept thinking that but couldn't remember her name.
Old 01-22-03, 10:16 AM
razorbackfan

I watched Inside Edition too, and don't recall the Butler saying anything about that. The people who worked on Joe Millionare signed a $5 million confidentiality contract. I really doubt anyone who worked on the show wants to risk being sued by FOX attorneys.

To me, Zora is the prettiest. Weird name but still a pretty girl.

Women who smoke, no matter how they look, are just nasty. Might as well lick an ashtray.
Old 01-22-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
That Irene thing is funny! Maybe Melissa could send her that portrait of herself ...

Good thing that he kicked out Allison -- psycho radar was going into overdrive when I heard her talk! I think that the Zora thing was done to be a challenge for him, but I think that Mojo is going to be the first to drop trou for him (or at least drop to her knees).
Old 01-22-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anybody catch the fuzzed out Black Face Sambo attendants during the tango lesson? pretty funny...
Old 01-22-03, 02:38 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by whotony
i still doubt the butler said anything like that.

that article re-iterates the rumor that has been going around.

but it could be true.

would be funny if it was.
yeah you're right. I understood it wrong, he said something that sounded like that but it was the opposite, he said he found out the guy wasn't a millionaire on the last show when he said he thought he was. Now they could be telling him to say that or maybe they played it out and they could announce it live. The name Marriott makes you wonder though.
Old 01-22-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts
I might be proved wrong, but the guy's no millionaire. We've had countless news stories on him, including articles that delve pretty deep into his occupation, etc. I'm sure some news agency would have the story by now, at the very least the tabloids. And if Marriot was going to be a giveaway, I'm sure they would've given him a different name.

I also don't believe he only makes 19000 a year doing construction. But there might have been a time in the last 10 years when he only made that much, and they would still advertise it. He's a struggling actor who sees this as his big break, and rightfully so he's milking it for all it's worth. There's no way that he's in it just to find true love.

I also don't believe he can be as dumb as he seems on the show. I'm hoping it's an act. I mean, he admitted that he was driving a tractor three weeks ago? He gets dumber show by show, and it's gotta be an act.
Old 01-22-03, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by fujishig

I also don't believe he can be as dumb as he seems on the show. I'm hoping it's an act. I mean, he admitted that he was driving a tractor three weeks ago? He gets dumber show by show, and it's gotta be an act.
i missed the first 2 shows, so this was the first i saw and my impression was, is this guy that dumb???

but the show is hilarious, the girls are really catty towards each other.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.