TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 1/14

Old 01-12-03, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Visage
Spoiler:
Whitney returns home from the Marines looking to rekindle his relationship with Lana but his suspicious behavior prompts Clark to question his true motives, ultimately revealing a shocking truth about "the new Whitney." Lex becomes suspicious of his new girlfriend (guest star Emmanuelle Vaugier, My Guide to Becoming a Rockstar) after he discovers a questionable photo of her with Lionel .
Old 01-12-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts
Have you seen this already? You kinda posted early. I hope you don't get flamed like I do. I am really looking forward to this episode it has been awhile.
Spoiler:
It isn't Whitney at all it is Tina Greer the shapeshifter from last season.
Old 01-12-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why are talk back threads for these shows posted DAYS before the episode actually airs? Is it that cool to be the first to post them?
Old 01-12-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
Why are talk back threads for these shows posted DAYS before the episode actually airs? Is it that cool to be the first to post them?
You didn't know that's how things worked here in TV Talk? Jeez.

You're just "cool" if you've seen it and post some comments shortly before the show begins:

example 1 -- http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=263402

Of course, you're even cooler if you post days/weeks/months before you've seen the show. In this instance, Iwhere?, holds the crown:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=254830

Old 01-12-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by thisistyler
that was by far my favorite thread here. so subtle, yet so effective
I don't know why anyone did that thread. It was just to make fun of me. I only posted the day of the show no more than 24 hours before an episode. We all need to come up with guidelines on when to post new threads for shows and make it sticky and it will solve the whole early post situation.
Old 01-12-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really don't see a problem posting them 3 or 4 days ahead of time. I used spoiler tags so you don't have to read it. I'm just giving you aheads up on it since it's been a while since a new episode has aired. Alot of people probably didn't know.
Old 01-13-03, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts
Originally posted by bigjim25
What the heck is going on with Chloe and Lana there? Stop feeding my imagination about those two exploring their sexuality with each other
Old 01-14-03, 09:01 PM

good episode, i think they have found at least some sort of a balance between the bad guy/crazy situation and furthering the story line.. and hopefully we just saw the
Spoiler:
last of Whitney..

Last edited by PhYbEr; 01-14-03 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-14-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by PhYbEr
good episode, i think they have found at least some sort of a balance between the bad guy/crazy situation and furthering the story line.. and hopefully we just saw the last of Whitney..
Uh, I would say so.
Spoiler:
HE DIED

And I thought they handled it really well. Great episode!!
Old 01-14-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I enjoyed this episode a lot.
Finally out of re-runs!
Old 01-14-03, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by calhoun07
Uh, I would say so.
Spoiler:
HE DIED

And I thought they handled it really well. Great episode!!
yeah, but he was
Spoiler:
dead
during this episode too but he was still in it..
Old 01-14-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OMG, to watch this show in HDTV is just a glorious pasttime. I just now noticed that Lex has this weird split in his upper lip. The colors and detail of this show in HDTV is just really vibrant and stunning.

I couldn't believe the double emotional wallop the writers were able to sandbag us viewers in the final 5 minutes of this episode. Well done.

I wonder if Clark's spaceship is okay after soaking in all that K-radiation/power.
Old 01-14-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very good episode.
Spoiler:
They killed off a really great villain. They could have still used the Tina Greer character some more throughout the show.
Old 01-14-03, 10:02 PM

YES! this is my first time watching smallville in HD, amazing! although i am having some signal dropout problems.. still MUCH better..
Old 01-14-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I am glad to see that we won't have to see another return of Whitney - that little subplot had worn thin.

Was that the same girl who played Tina Greer last season, it didn't look like it.

Anyhow, I was glad to see this show back on the air - next week looks freakin' awesome!

During the beginning of the show, how come Lana couldn't have a white t-shirt on so that it could get really wet, too?
Old 01-14-03, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I read somewhere that the role of Tina Greer may have been recast. I don't remember what she looked like last season.
Old 01-14-03, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Really good episode, particularly that one scene where Chloe gets a little comfy with Lana.

Spoiler:
I never cared too much for Whitney, so his demise will add an interesting touch to the Lana/Clark relationship. Still, I didn't expect his character to be killed off, just MIA for awhile. Maybe the writers felt they explored the love/jealousy triangle more than enough. And the killing off of the villain could have been done a little differently. Death by impalement is a bit cliched.

Still, it did have some nice emotional moments. Lana's little speech to Clark about losing people that she's close refers their future. And Clark realizing he can't help everyone at every moment, no matter how much he tries or his intentions are.
Old 01-15-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it. Felt like an homage to S3, that fight at the end.
I wonder what the ship did to the K...that seemed like an interesting twist.
Old 01-15-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

death, blood, action, fighting, drama what more can I ask for besides having lana and chloe getting more comfy =)
Old 01-15-03, 01:09 AM
Banned

I enjoyed the episode even though I didnt see last season episode with the shape shifting girl.
Can someone fill me in on her history and how did she know Whitney was gone?
Why are most of the males here fascinated with the whole Lana/Chloe hookup thing? I can bet ya, that wouldnt have happened if that had been with two Males?
I thought the scene at the beginning was a bit out there with everyone partying in the halls. I thought it was a dream or something because it was so nauseating.

Loved the wet t-shirt scene with Clark.
Old 01-15-03, 07:34 AM

I have only very recently started watching the show
who was this Tina Geer character and why is she so obsessed
with Lana?
Old 01-15-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Tina Greer looked exactly the same to me in this episode as the last one she was in. I like that they kept some continuity instead of them all being one-shot episodes... though both Tina Greer and the telepathic boy who was in two episodes died in the end.

Tina Greer was a girl who grew up with Lana and became very obsessed with being just like her. As Lana became more popular, they kind of went their separate ways. After the Meteor Shower that gave everyone and their mother super powers, she was found to have an unusual bone structure. Eventually, this allowed her to be able to morph into the likenesses of different people. She robbed a bank as Lex Luthor. She then accidentally killed her mom (IIRC), though she showed little remorse in doing so, and used that to move in with Lana. When Lana started getting freaked out about how obsessive Tina was, Tina took Lana's form for a while, before she was brought down by Clark.

How do they ever explain all of these deaths to the police? And what are they going to tell Whitney's mom?
Old 01-15-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by fujishig
How do they ever explain all of these deaths to the police? And what are they going to tell Whitney's mom?
I think she figured it out when Whitney tied her up and gagged her and turned into the girl.

Great episode. The scene at the beginning where Lana ogles Clark's wet t-shirt after the plumbinb breaks was great
Old 01-16-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that song that was playing in the background while whitney was asking lana to marry him, sounded so damn familiar. FINALLY i figured it out. it's that dirty vegas song - days go by in acoustic...
just in case anyone was wondering
Old 01-16-03, 03:09 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

They mentioned most of the music that was played during the episode at the end, where they highlight the artists and hawk their CDs. I liked the music from the Donnie Darko soundtrack a lot too. Good stuff.

-BT