Reload this Page >

"Buffy" syndication question.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-29-02, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps this might be a general syndication question, but I was watching "Buffy" when I thought about this question.

"The Gift" just aired in syndication, for me, at least, and checking the TV listings, the next episode to air in syndication is the first episode, "Welcome to the Hellmouth" will air next week.

So, when would I expect to see the episodes that aired on UPN? As I understand, syndication is handled by the production company, 20th Century FOX, so it wouldn't be an issue by the WB/UPN, but it's rather odd that newer episodes aren't in syndication yet.

Should I just attempt to catch the FX reruns? I don't know if they are airing newer episodes, but I'd like to catch up, and I'd have to wait a long time to catch the UPN season(s) on DVD.
Old 12-29-02, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You should check the schedule posted on http://www.fxnetwork.com/shows/hits/buffy.html for the Buffy episode airing schedule (click on the "Full Schedule" link). They were showing most of Season 6 just recently, so you might have missed the boat on that score.
Old 12-29-02, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the link. The full schedule seems to be empty, and there's no "next episode" listed, but I assume they'll fix that eventually. Thanks.
Old 12-29-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just checked www.TVGuide.com and tomorrow FX is showing the last episode of Season 4 (Restless) and the first episode of Season 5 (Buffy vs. Dracula), so you have another 2 weeks before they'll be showing Season 6 episodes if they do after they show the season 5 episodes in a row.

Last edited by Patman; 12-30-02 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-30-02, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For some reason, FX has been jumping all around in the schedule lately. Theyll play a few season 5 eps, then a few season 4 eps, then a few season 3... I pity any new Buffy watchers trying to follow the storyline on FX.
Old 12-30-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like FX is airing a Season 1 marathon on New Year's Day. Is it a standalone marathon, or would they re-air all those episodes again, right after the marathon? It would make sense that they would start airing Season 2, but my TV listings don't go as far ahead.

from my TV listings:
<small>
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy Summers and her mother move to Sunnydale, Calif., and find evil lurks in the suburbs.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 8:00 AM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - When cheerleaders start spontaneously combusting, Buffy suspects a witch is in their midst.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 10:00 AM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Xander falls for a substitute teacher; Angel warns Buffy of a claw-handed vampire.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 11:00 AM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - When Buffy goes on a date, the Master plots her demise by calling on a warrior vampire.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 12:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Sneaking into the hyena exhibit at the zoo leaves Xander and pals in an altered state.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 1:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy learns Angel's horrible secret; the Master summons more warrior vampires to annihilate Buffy.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 2:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - A medieval demon spirit is unleashed into cyberspace.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 3:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy must catch a knife-wielding human-organ thief and perform in a talent show.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 4:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Residents of Sunnydale see reality merge with their nightmares.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 5:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - A spirit targets Cordelia; Angel warns Giles that Buffy may be in grave danger.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 6:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy wants to give up slaying, but demons emerge from below.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 7:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Xander and Willow worry over Buffy's cold and distant behavior.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Wednesday, January 1 8:00 PM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy wants to give up slaying, but demons emerge from below.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Thursday, January 2 7:00 AM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Xander and Willow worry over Buffy's cold and distant behavior.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Thursday, January 2 8:00 AM
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Missing body parts are being used to create the perfect woman.
FX Networks Inc. (Pacific), Thursday, January 2 6:00 PM </small>
Old 12-30-02, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It appears that Season 2 will be in full force after New Year's Day's Buffy-thon for Season 1.
Old 12-31-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(gets out the vcr tapes) (im am not getting the dvds yet)
Old 01-01-03, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i gave up on the vcr since the quality looks really bad, too much grain and its way too dark. hope the dvd is a little better