Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened at the end of The Practice?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-02, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife was decorating the tree, so I decided to record Alias, and, The Practice and go back to playing Devil May Cry.

Unfortunately, I had it recording in sp mode and I did not rewind the tape back to the beginning like I usually do.

Thankfully, I recorded all of Alias, but, did not get the last part of The Practice. Where it stopped was when

Spoiler:
The man who had the body in his trunk walked out of the courtroom a free man. He had just confessed to Lindsay,before going out to hear the judges decision, that he killed the girl that the doctor is accused of killing.

Then it went to commercial, and the tape began to rewind.

Can someone give me a rundown on the end?

Thanks
Old 12-16-02, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Lindsay went to Judge Hiller to ask for advice about what to do. Hiller told her that in Massachusetts, there was a rule on the books allowing a defense attorney to break lawyer-client privilege if it prevented an innocent man from going to prison; however, no one has ever invoked that privilege, because it's an ethical violation and would be damning to an attorney's career.

She then stepped in on the ruling in the other case in time to hear them return a Guilty verdict. Eleanor and Eugene told the guy they'd search for grounds for appeal. Eugene handled the press, while Eleanor and Lindsay stepped into an elevator to leave the building. Eleanor turned to Lindsay and made a comment to the effect of, "you know ... this time ... I really think this guy didn't do it." FADE OUT

das
Old 12-16-02, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the recap das, I watched the episode but was only half paying attention towards the end.
Old 12-16-02, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you very much, das

Appreciate it.
Old 12-16-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
If that crazy guy starts stalking Lindsay, I don't think I'll be able to continue watching the show. I don't think they'll go in that direction again, but I did successfully predict how the show would end as soon as the crazy guy started saying he just wanted to go into a hospital.