Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 12.15.2002

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-02, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias 12.15.2002

"Marshall Who...?"

Old 12-15-02, 08:55 PM

"I said 'I can smell you from here' in Ewok"

Old 12-15-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
That had me rolling [just like in my first post ]

GREAT f'n ep.

Man....they better not do anything to Marshall.

And Vaughn watching Jack & Mom talking was kinda creepy...after this and his minature golf outing last week, i'm beginning to believe he is a perv.
Old 12-15-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OMG! Marshall rocks as a spy! I was so LOL when he told Sydney that he was talking to the guards in Ewokese (the inhabitants of the planet Endor).

Anyhow, what a nasty cliffhanger for poor ol' Marshall and that gnarly torturer.

Yup, the torturer is the same that tortured Syndey and Will last season. He's now in a wheelchair thanks to Will.

I think in the past I've opined that Sark and Sydney could share the same mother.

Faye Dunaway was okay as the snooper investigator from the Alliance.

What is going on with Vaughn and Alice?

Sark had to have clued in the torturer dude to intercept Marshall before he could debrief SD-6.

I think Jack will have both both Faye and Lena's characters trying to play him. Too much light is being shined on Jack.

Last edited by Patman; 12-15-02 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-15-02, 09:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
The best ep of the season. Marshalls reaction to when Syd kissed him was great. They need to expand his role.

Faye Dunaway was nothing special. For being a big name guest star they didn't give her much to do.

"Marshall Who?" was the line of the night
Old 12-15-02, 09:59 PM

man, i laughed my ass off, hes so funny, great episode! do u think syd mother is really hiding something?
Old 12-15-02, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hell yeah, Irina is hiding something!
Old 12-15-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ack! Creepy Evil Asian Dentist is back!

I didn't realize this is the last new episode of the year. We have to wait an antagonizing three weeks until the next new episode, Janurary 5th...argh! This was not the week for a cliffhanger!

But I loved the Marshall scenes. That hour sure flew by...
Old 12-16-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best ... episode ... ever

das
Old 12-16-02, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Is it just me or did Faye Dunaway look like Irina ?

Great episode. Marshall rules.
Old 12-16-02, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought they looked alike too.

My tivo was off - didnt get the last 10 mins - what happened after they got back? only saw marshall get into the car and a cut to some ally mcbeal music..

Awesine Marshall ep - hysterical!!
Old 12-16-02, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth ravan •<HR SIZE=1>what happened after they got back? only saw marshall get into the car and a cut to some ally mcbeal music..<HR SIZE=1>

Marshall got on the phone with his mother talking about the trip from the back of the car. Then his car is abruptly pulled over by other cars, and a bunch of men with semi-automatic weapons surround his car. Cut to some dancing and crap with the Felicity crew as Will and Syd escape Francine's wrath with a surprise party (why they've been talking in secret). Cut to Vaughn answering the phone with a "Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis" expression on his face - the CIA didn't get Marshall. Cut to the dentist's office as they're strapping Marshall down to a chair and Creepy Evil Asian Dentist comes into focus. ALIAS.

das
Old 12-16-02, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fantastic episode indeed. More humor than normal, not that it was a bad thing. I am glad that they got Marshall into a different situation, since he was starting to get old in his old one. I can't wait for three weeks! Alias has never been better than what it is right now...
Old 12-16-02, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
OMG Marshall was so funny in this episode. Marshall who!!!! His reactoin when Syd kissed him was priceless. Three weeks until we find out what happened to Marshall is just not right. The look on Jack's face when he realized he's still married to Irina was pretty classic too. I'm surprised he didn't say there would be an annulment in their future.
Old 12-16-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Too bad in the St. Louis area they showed the freakin' Rams game from ESPN on the local ABC station! I couldn't believe, I was/am so pissed, especially since it seems I missed a damn good episode. What a bunch of bs. I am so happy that everyone else in the world got to see this ep.
Old 12-16-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

like everyone else said, marshall was great and syd looked mighty fine kicking butt in that evening gown. i was kinda thinking that maybe syd shot marshall with the dart to avoid him getting brought in by CIA, maybe if he was groggy he wouldn't remember it?

as a final note, why don't they just get rid of dixon and francy? again this week, dixon was nowhere to be seen and francy was pretty useless too. however, it is good to see the direction they are taking will.
Old 12-16-02, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

For a few moments there I thought it was awfully convenient that Marshall got shot with a tranq...that way Syd could say that it was alright for him to stay at SD-6.

But then I came to my senses.

Agreed about Dixon. [Not getting rid of him, but giving him something to do.]

And i'm glad they're making Irina ambiguous again. After last ep I was worried...
Old 12-16-02, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
"Marshall Who?" was the line of the night
I dunno... that has some tough competition. The Ewok language babbling was pretty funny (as was the fact that I freaked out my wife by saying "Hey, that's Ewok" before Marshall did!)

But, in my mind, the winner is when Marshall got hit by the dart. "I think I pee'd myself. Not much, just a little squirt."

Man, I really love this show.
Old 12-16-02, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sydney and Irina both looked like hell on top of the roof of Irina's holding cell.
Old 12-16-02, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Sydney and Irina both looked like hell on top of the roof of Irina's holding cell.
I didn't get it. I thought they were holding her in a secret prison place where they all meet. If they are on the rooftop of the Los Angeles CIA building, wouldn't people be kind of worried that in the middle of Los Angeles is where the government keeps an evil criminal?

Spoiler:
Oh, and I heard that Francie may actually have something to do eventually. Rumor has it that Will and France do a bit of smooching, and France has a secret. We'll see if it 's really true...
Old 12-16-02, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alias was a comedy this week! (hah well kinda) It was great.

The action was awesome with Syd running on car rooftops and taking out that dude with the briefcase and of course the comedy of Marshall going "HEL-LO!" ... priceless.

Last edited by Random; 12-17-02 at 12:29 AM.