Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kelly Clarkson may have violated American Idol rules

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this turning into some kind of big story? A couple of people have mentioned it to me - people that wouldn't know about this unless it was on CNN or somewhere similar.
Old 12-13-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I first heard about it on the View the other day-- Meredith Viera was talking about it.
Old 12-13-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So what? She recorded half an album that never saw the light of day? Big deal! Besides, the story makes it sound like she was recording what would have been her first album and quit when she got on the show. Maybe they would've kicked her off the show, but it's too late now.
Old 12-13-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by big whoppa
News is that Paula is working on a new album.

I've ran out of Paula Abdul song titles to use in some witty fashion

I don't know if i am keen on this idea of her returning...i'm just kinda happy being transported back to the early 90's if i ever stumble upon one of her songs.

Originally posted by Roto
So what? She recorded half an album that never saw the light of day? Big deal! Besides, the story makes it sound like she was recording what would have been her first album and quit when she got on the show. Maybe they would've kicked her off the show, but it's too late now.

Since the album was never released i still don't see why shes a "professional". Then again i dont know the rules, watch the show, or give a rats ass.
Old 12-13-02, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh well. Maybe this means there will be one less album of over-produced, bloated corporate power ballads in the world
Old 12-13-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by big whoppa
News is that Paula is working on a new album.
Straight up now tell me that just isn't a rumor! I hope she doesn't rush rush into the project... In any case, is she single? Is there hope for me? I heard opposites attract....

there you go too much time on my hands
Old 12-13-02, 02:48 PM
Suspended

I always thought it was funny how Paula Abdul was judging all these contestants, when half of them could sing better than her
Old 12-13-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

very true. thin voice. not bad on the eyes though. that cold hearted video was nice...
Old 12-13-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by MJKTool
I always thought it was funny how Paula Abdul was judging all these contestants, when half of them could sing better than her
Half?? She needed all the studio and electronic help she could get to even maintain the illusion that she could carry a tune. She has no singing voice whatsoever. Much, much worse than Madonna's, for example, who has one of the worst singing voices ever to make it big...

Abdul was a decent entertainer in her day, but it was her dancing and choreography which carried her.
Old 12-13-02, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,128 Posts
Originally posted by adamblast
Half?? She needed all the studio and electronic help she could get to even maintain the illusion that she could carry a tune. She has no singing voice whatsoever. Much, much worse than Madonna's, for example, who has one of the worst singing voices ever to make it big...

Abdul was a decent entertainer in her day, but it was her dancing and choreography which carried her.
adamblast, I'm going to report you for insulting Madonna You'll be run out of S.F.

You just chipped away at a popular stereotype concerning her fanbase

I agree with you about Paula. Back in the mid 90's when I interned at a local HUGE TOP 40 station here in LA, I used to tell everyone that Paula owes her career to radio stations that repeated her crap songs 12 times an hour
Old 12-14-02, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by nightwing82
Straight up now tell me that just isn't a rumor! I hope she doesn't rush rush into the project... In any case, is she single? Is there hope for me? I heard opposites attract....

there you go too much time on my hands

Indeed

This is true.
Old 12-14-02, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Abdul was a decent entertainer in her day, but it was her dancing
and choreography which carried her.

Madonna IS a much better singer than people give her credit for

Granted she's no Karen Carpenter but I think she's above Abdul and that other nasal voiced Janet Jakcson
Old 12-14-02, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MJKTool
My thaughts exactly!..Evertime they would ask for her opinion I kept saying to myself WTF is one of the worse singers in pop musicy history doing judging other vocalists..

The bigger question I guess should have been WTF was I doing watching that sh**!!

I still haven't come up with the answer
Old 12-14-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by shanester

The bigger question I guess should have been WTF was I doing watching that sh**!!

I still haven't come up with the answer

I fear for your soul.

Shanester, is your quote correct?

I could've swore Hudson said something like "Maybe you havent been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!" (to Burke)

Maybe i'm hearing things.
Old 12-14-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by UAIOE
I fear for your soul.

Shanester, is your quote correct?

I could've swore Hudson said something like "Maybe you havent been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!" (to Burke)

Maybe i'm hearing things.

Your probably right..I knew it didn't sound quite right but I'm going to add a new one..Thanks for the heads up!i
Old 12-14-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by shanester
Madonna IS a much better singer than people give her credit for. Granted she's no Karen Carpenter but I think she's above Abdul and that other nasal voiced Janet Jakcson
Hey! Watch that Janet comment buddy...

I agree about Madonna though. Her voice got much stronger around the "Evita" era. [probably due to her working with a vocal coach...] And perhaps Paula is there not to judge on the vocal ability, but how that contestant would fit into the "pop" industry? [since she was already there...]
Old 12-15-02, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
can anyone say publicity for season 2?
Word! Very well said!