Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Miami 10/28

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 08:24 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
CSI: Miami 10/28

Solid episode last night, albeit a bit disturbing. Anyone else like those Hummer-like trucks the CSIs drive? Those things are frickin' huge.

Also, does anyone know the name of the song that Rory Cochrane's character was listening to with his headphones on during last night's episode?
Old 10-29-02, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I thought this was definitely the best Miami episode yet. The fingerprint slicing looked very painful. Ouch!
Old 10-29-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CSI: Miami 10/28

Originally posted by Geofferson
Anyone else like those Hummer-like trucks the CSIs drive?
I was wondering about those. Between that and the huge flat panel displays shown last episode, Miami CSI must have a HUGE budget!

Another episode with Horatio lamenting about kids. Is this supposed to be some kinda insight into his character? He seems quite two-dimensional to me so far.
Old 10-29-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
was that Tim's brother from Home Improvement?
and I find a police department crime lab driving H2 Hummers (the new purely consumer version) to be very unbelievable
but it looks cool
Old 10-29-02, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I couldn't watch much of it. Getting tired of the murder investigations. There are crimes commited in Miami other than murder aren't there? Alot less exciting I guess.

They're supposed to be scientists aren't they? How many scientists, let alone law enforcement officers would go to a child's murder investigation wearing a low-cut top and a pushup bra?

Just a trifle bit insensitive eh?
Old 10-29-02, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Eric F

They're supposed to be scientists aren't they? How many scientists, let alone law enforcement officers would go to a child's murder investigation wearing a low-cut top and a pushup bra?

Don't know but I'm glad that Emily Proctor does. It is Miami remember - while I don't think Miami detectives/investigators necessarily dress like that, I bet they dress a bit more stylishly than NY detectives.
Old 10-29-02, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just a trifle bit insensitive eh?
Maybe, but definately ready to boogie at a moment's notice.
Old 10-29-02, 12:44 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt

and I find a police department crime lab driving H2 Hummers (the new purely consumer version) to be very unbelievable
but it looks cool
That's what I'm thinking. I suppose it's possible that they have them for driving in swampy areas (everglades)? But yeah, a bit unbelievable.
Old 10-29-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The revealing tight tops are so the lady CSI's can charm and disarm suspects into giving them their fingerprints. Pay attention!
Old 10-29-02, 04:31 PM
Banned

Yeah, she's attractive and all, and I don't mind sparse clothing, but to have exploit her sexuality in the context of a case of possible pedophilia and a child's murder just seemed so wrong.
I realize this is the choice of the producers, but there was something very disturbing about combining the two.
Old 10-29-02, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
ok what the hell?! why was CSI Miami not shown yesterday in Tampa?! what is going on?
Old 10-29-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Am I the only one who thought the "lockdown" of the kids restaurant was a little silly? I'm sure parents momentarily lose sight of their children all the time in those places. I can't imagine that within seconds of being told she can't find her daughter, an employee would lock the place down like that. But I guess it was necessary to the plot to keep everyine there.
Old 10-29-02, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: CSI: Miami 10/28

Originally posted by Geofferson
Also, does anyone know the name of the song that Rory Cochrane's character was listening to with his headphones on during last night's episode?
How about Skynyrd's "On the Hunt"?
Old 10-29-02, 09:01 PM

I dunno, it was the first CSI: Miami that i've seen and i wasn't impressed. It was CSI Light, less character and less interesting, IMO. Didn't dislike it tho, so i'll give it a shot.
Old 10-29-02, 09:48 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
Am I the only one who thought the "lockdown" of the kids restaurant was a little silly? I'm sure parents momentarily lose sight of their children all the time in those places. I can't imagine that within seconds of being told she can't find her daughter, an employee would lock the place down like that. But I guess it was necessary to the plot to keep everyine there.
Not sure about the shutdown, but I think that cameras are essential in a kids play place like that.

He seemed to know a lot about the goings on in the zany town. i.e. the cameras, the code etc.
Old 10-29-02, 09:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I couldn't watch much of it. Getting tired of the murder investigations. There are crimes commited in Miami other than murder aren't there? Alot less exciting I guess.
But of course most of those other crimes have witnesses and need less involvement of a Crime Scene Investigator.. Or I could be wrong..
Old 10-29-02, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It’s a formula show, and murder is part of the formula, in spite of the “C” in CSI.
Old 10-29-02, 11:08 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
I was too busy thinking it was silly that we were supposed to believe that a guy could cut his fingertips into chunks, shuffle them around, stick them back on, and have them reattach and function normally. That's National Enquirer-quality fiction.
Old 10-29-02, 11:51 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
I was too busy thinking it was silly that we were supposed to believe that a guy could cut his fingertips into chunks, shuffle them around, stick them back on, and have them reattach and function normally. That's National Enquirer-quality fiction.
On top of that for the CSI's to be able to enlarge and cut out the prints to make a perfect puzzle which is then clear enough to make a comparison
Old 10-30-02, 10:43 AM
Banned

But of course most of those other crimes have witnesses and need less involvement of a Crime Scene Investigator.. Or I could be wrong..
Oh no, there are plenty of crimes that need scientific investigation, not just homicide, but accidents and white colar crime. I would suspect real "CSI"s spend most of their time on the later than the former.

Of course all those other topics are boring alot less exiting than murder. I liked CSI, but I'm beginning to feel that both of them are like "Quincy" in different locals. They could have had these guys be coroners and Medical Examiners it would have made no difference. The ironic thing is the woman who plays the coroner in Miami is the worst of the lot.

Last edited by Eric F; 10-30-02 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-30-02, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was the 1st time I have watched CSI Miami, but I fell asleep (I have a cold) before they showed who the killer was. Can someone tell me please who was guilty.

And I do agree 100% that the push up bra and low cut seemed very unprofessional and out of place. She is beautiful but look like a police bimbo.

Last edited by Iron_Giant; 10-30-02 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-30-02, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Iron_Giant, it was
Spoiler:
somebody we didn’t even know about, exactly. One of the guys who worked there was a perv with a prior. See Darren Garrison’s post about how he hid his past. Also, mikehunt suggests the actor was Tim’s neighbor from Home Improvement, and I think he’s right.

Which brings to mind an interesting point. I find it helpful to have the perp introduced to us in some way. (Did we see him at all before the bust?) Is this no longer necessary in today’s “crime” dramas? I’ve always thought it was part of the fun trying to figure out Who Done It, even if it was obvious. Maybe, for this series, it don’t matter Who so much as How Day Done It?
Old 10-30-02, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it was one of the dressed up mascots at first (they'd be in the costume, and kids wouldn't necessarily run away from them initially).
Old 10-31-02, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Guess I'm the only one who really likes this show. Anyhow, man was that guy disturbed or what?

Spoiler:
"She was flirting with me."