Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tough Enough III

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough Enough III

Well it was on last night during the time ER was on, so I had to flip back and fourth during commercials. Just figured I could watch it again during the million reruns.

This time it was completely different. They picked maybe 25-30 people to go out to LA (malibu), and "audition" BEFORE the actual TE started. Doing exercises and some moves. 3 days worth of this stuff. They picked their 13 people from those 3 days. Seemed like a better thing to do if you ask me. You could tell from those 3 days who really "has" it, and who has the heart to do it. Wendell was the first guy dismissed. too cocky and way unfit. Though, outside, he looked huge.

Did anyone else watch? Looks to be a better set of people and better way of finding new stars. They had to use a different house though, this time. Something to the affect that Kelsey Grammar didnt want them filming next to his house, so they moved location. Found that article in a google search.
Old 10-18-02, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
What are some of these people thinking? Alot of them aren't even attractive and some are downright ugly. Not that there is anything wrong with being ugly but come on they are not going to pick you to be on TV week in and week out unless you're fairly attractive or just plain strange looking. And that guy Wendell clearly knew he wasn't athletic and just wanted to be on TV to look cool but he ended up looking like a puss.
Old 10-18-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
hugh morris was kickin ass and taking names... that chick that couldn't do the forward bump was f'n scary.

scott... you knew that guy was gonna make it no matter what happened after the bike thing.

unfortunately it looks like too many made it on 'determination', we'll see if they last..
Old 10-18-02, 05:56 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

I watched to see the psycho, "Lisa". But I guess they've edited everything in relation to her out from the first few episodes.
Old 10-20-02, 08:53 PM
Banned

I watched to see the psycho, "Lisa". But I guess they've edited everything in relation to her out from the first few episodes.
huh?
Old 10-20-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I am not sure about what that comment about Lisa is either, but I didn't enjoy the first episode as much as last years. I liked seeing all the people that couldn't cut it trying out. I wish they would make this show an hourlong every week. That is one of things that MTV does that frustrates me. Some of their shows need to be an hour such as Tough Enough, and Real World. With commercials they are only 17 minutes each. It's not like they don't have the footage.
Old 10-20-02, 10:57 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by LausdJayou
huh?
The Al Snow stalker.
http://www.wrestlingheadlines.com/ne...1033842329.php
Old 10-21-02, 03:42 AM

Wow, There's crazy and then there's straight jacket crazy. This has to mark one of the first times a reality show ever created a stalker.
Old 10-21-02, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to High School with this kid (didn't get picked)

http://www.mtv.com/onair/toughenough...ghenough.jhtml

James is a strategist. He walks into a competition and immediately tries to identify his competitors' weak points, in order to capitalize off of them. What others lack, he will make up for. He knows he's not the smallest guy and is confident about his athleticism, but his biggest asset is his knowledge of the game. Charisma, charm, and a little strategy will overcome brute force.

Last edited by dgmayor; 10-21-02 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-21-02, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
The Al Snow stalker.
http://www.wrestlingheadlines.com/ne...1033842329.php
WHOA!!!

I can see it now. Tough Enough III on DVD featuring deleted scenes and deleted "psychotic" contestants.