Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Tivo recording wrong shows (help needed).......

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-02, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Ok, so I have a season pass for CSI on Thursday nights. One night the label said CSI in my Now Playing section so I started to watch it and it was Without a Trace. Same channel for the shows, but Without a Trace follows CSI. That was confusing.

Then, this past Wednesday I have my season pass for Enterprise and it recorded an entirely different channel. Instead, it recorded baseball on Fox but was listed as Enterprise in my Now Playing..

So I'm wondering, has this happened to anyone else before? If so, what's the deal. I'm going to contact Tivo to see what the deal is.
Old 10-11-02, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
several things i can think of...
check when the last time your tivo made a successful call. if it wasn't in the past week, you may be having problems with your phone line connection. do you have dsl? if you do, make sure you have a line filter attached to the tivo phone line.

did you recently move to a different time zone? if so, make sure you change your zip code setting.

or, if it's not a problem with your setup...

csi was on @10:00 pm last season, wasn't it? check your season pass setting for csi and see what time it's set to record. if it's still set for 10:00, there may be something wrong with your tivo being able to get online and getting the new schedules.

regarding the upn/fox mix-up - do you live somewhere near oregon? here in oregon, upn and fox recently switched channels. fox used to be 13, upn was 12. now fox is 12 and upn is 13. your old season pass settings need to be deleted and then new ones set.

Last edited by hahn; 10-11-02 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-11-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
no to all questions......

i checked the call info, and it had made a successful call that morning. i use a regular phone line. i haven't moved. CSI hasn't changed times. it's been on 8 pm here in AZ since it's premiere.
Old 10-11-02, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Deftones17
no to all questions......

i checked the call info, and it had made a successful call that morning. i use a regular phone line. i haven't moved. CSI hasn't changed times. it's been on 8 pm here in AZ since it's premiere.
then i don't really know. actually i did kind of have a similar problem. i was recording buffy reruns on fx and they replayed the same episode the next day in the mornings. however, the title and episode summary were for the morning show was always wrong for a few weeks. then about a month later, they were correct again. it may be a temporary glitch in the scheduler. drop them an e-mail and maybe they'll fix it faster.
Old 10-11-02, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

try this thread. you may find the answer there...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=65266