Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos - 10/06/02 - "The Weight"

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-02, 10:06 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
The end with Carmela not really into having sex with Tony was creepy.
Yeah, it was very dark.

Next week's episode looks good...back to the Adrianna/FBI storyline.
Old 10-07-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
The end with Carmela not really into having sex with Tony was creepy.
I think she was into the act of sex itself, but her mind was definitely thinking of Furio. Best episode of the season so far. I would have been mad if Johnny Sack had gotten whacked when it was all Ralph's fault.

Did anyone else think we had wandered into a David Lynch film at the Rhode Island gangster's place? Nice, creepy touch.
Old 10-07-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I wonder if she had the urge to scream out Furio during sex.
Old 10-07-02, 10:11 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by RevLiver
Did anyone else think we had wandered into a David Lynch film at the Rhode Island gangster's place? Nice, creepy touch.
For sure.

It was a funny scene when Christipher is on his way out and looks back at one of the guys, who winks his eye and does a fake gun gesture to Chris, who wanted to get the hell out of there...and fast.
Old 10-07-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
For sure.

It was a funny scene when Christipher is on his way out and looks back at one of the guys, who winks his eye and does a fake gun gesture to Chris, who wanted to get the hell out of there...and fast.
Also the part where they asked him if he does any drugs. His look on his face and denial was hilarious.
Old 10-07-02, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Samurai
conscience,
I'm not sure if you picked up on it...but meadow's music is turned off. The music heard in the end while Tony is on top of Carmella, is the same music that Carmella and Furio danced to. It wasn't Tony that Carmella was thinking about at that moment.

Was the music really playing? Or was it only playing in Carmella's head?
Really? I thought that she (Meadow) was playing the music in her room and it started right when both Carmella and Tony get on the bed for the first time (...before he takes his clothes off)

Because that is what I am speaking of. It was a perfect scene, until Meadow ruined it for Tony.

Then Carmella goes to Meadows door and bangs on it. The music stops and they go at it in the bed after Meadow says she is going out.

If there was no interruption, why would Carmella go to her door bang on it and not put questions in Tony's head? If a woman (a wife) stops and then bangs on a childs door for nothing....I would want to know what was up....

-------

I already know that the music heard the second time in that scene is in her head.....
Old 10-07-02, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by RevLiver
Best episode of the season so far. I would have been mad if Johnny Sack had gotten whacked when it was all Ralph's fault.
I agree - but only because of the preceeding episodes of this season... realize that Tony is now even MORE pissed off that someone in his crew is "talking out of school". As much as he didn't want to have to whack Johnny, Tony must suspect that the reason he did not take his trip to Boston was because the same inside person who told him about the Ginny joke ALSO warned him of the hit - even if that is completely NOT the case.

As far as the music thing goes, Meadow was playing it in her room loudly. She expressed her interest in the CD while at Furio's house saying to A.J. something like "this is completely Italian". Carmella is distracted with thoughts of Furio while she's about to have sex with Tony because of the music. Once Meadow shuts it off, Carmella continues to hear the music in her head and obviously is thinking about Furio.

This is going to drive her nuts esp. considering how much she rails on Tony about his daliances. AND for the 1st time since the show started Tony isn't sleeping with ANYONE on the SIDE!!!! Of course Carmella's had two previous infatuations (Fr. Phil and the wallpaper guy) that led nowhere, so I'd expect this one (potentially the most dangerous of the 3) to fizzle out as well.
Old 10-07-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by rfduncan
As far as the music thing goes, Meadow was playing it in her room loudly. She expressed her interest in the CD while at Furio's house saying to A.J. something like "this is completely Italian". Carmella is distracted with thoughts of Furio while she's about to have sex with Tony because of the music. Once Meadow shuts it off, Carmella continues to hear the music in her head and obviously is thinking about Furio.

Thank you. Exactly what I was trying to say....

I knew I was right.
Old 10-07-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Has anyone figured out the name of that cool piece of music? i love the Sopranos. My musical interests have expanded 10-fold over the last 3 seasons.

SPY
Old 10-07-02, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Just noticed that Ralph brings back oranges from Miami. Same thing happens in Godfather 2. Wonder if its another hint that Ralphie is gonna get it this season?
Old 10-08-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by rfduncan
I thought those guys were up in New England (was it Providence?). In any case, I'd assume the same thing happens with them as happened with the would-be Ralph shooter. They keep the up-front half of the cash and have to do nothing.
yeah....I rewatched it tonight and realized that Johnny Sack never made it up to Boston...after the 1st viewing it seemed like they just didn't do it - thus leaving me wondering if there would be an explanation why.

...And how about Ralph trying to show what a psycho Janice is by telling his crew that "she wanted to" do him with the vibrator and "pimp me out" that was priceless....silly little freak
Old 10-08-02, 07:30 AM
Banned

Is it just me, or does Meadow have a little crush on Furio as well?
Old 10-08-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Bust
The dude is good-looking; hell I'd have a crush on him if I were a girl!
Old 10-08-02, 08:13 AM
Banned

Originally posted by huzefa
The dude is good-looking...

You MUST be joking?
Old 10-08-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You MUST be joking?
Yeah, but what do I know? I'm a stupid stupid man.
Old 10-08-02, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally posted by huzefa
Yeah, but what do I know? I'm a stupid stupid man.
Me too. Personally, I think he's kind of wierd looking. The few women that I watch the show with all think he's ugly.
Old 10-08-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Like Adriana said in "Christopher" that ponytail "looks like a penis on the back of his head"

Personally, I think he looks like Data's (Brent Spiner) twin brother with the "mafia emotion chip" installed.
Old 10-08-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by outcastja
"I don't even like Ralph, if he was drowning, I'd throw him a cinder block."

He was wearing a speedo at the pool!
Old 10-08-02, 10:42 AM

I've always thought that Furio looks like an Italian (and taller) version of Jackie Chan. I don't know what it is about his face that makes me think that....
Old 10-08-02, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Iron Chef
I'm guessing that grunter is happy about the shirtless Tony scene.
Deliriously, exhuberantly, humping-your-leg-like-a-terrier-in-heat style happy.

WOOOOF!

I must've played that closing scene about 30 times over trying to pause the film just right as Tony's opening the bedclothes to admit Carmella into his embrace.

Sadly - no "little Tony" was clear enough to be seen.

And this scene was completely unexpected. I remember the shirtless scene of Tony with someone else that was flashed in the season promo. But this -- well this just made me "vera, vera hapee."

grunter retires to his room with the precious videotape, a bottle of astroglide and a fistfull of tissue.
Old 10-08-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by grunter
Deliriously, exhuberantly, humping-your-leg-like-a-terrier-in-heat style happy.

WOOOOF!

I must've played that closing scene about 30 times over trying to pause the film just right as Tony's opening the bedclothes to admit Carmella into his embrace.

Sadly - no "little Tony" was clear enough to be seen.

And this scene was completely unexpected. I remember the shirtless scene of Tony with someone else that was flashed in the season promo. But this -- well this just made me "vera, vera hapee."

grunter retires to his room with the precious videotape, a bottle of astroglide and a fistfull of tissue.

Fat, hairy, bald men....unite!

Thanks Grunter for that horrifying vision!
Old 10-08-02, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JaxComet
He was wearing a speedo at the pool!

And when he lied about the dildo and Janice.

If anyone ever found out that he did that, he will be a laughing stock. Maybe even a goner.
Old 10-08-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by conscience
And when he lied about the dildo and Janice.
If anyone ever found out that he did that, he will be a laughing stock. Maybe even a goner.
Yup... Uncle Junior going down on a woman was bad enough that it had to be kept secret and caused him a lot of stress when word got out. Ralphie's dildo would be seen as much worse.
Old 10-08-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Darq
I've always thought that Furio looks like an Italian (and taller) version of Jackie Chan. I don't know what it is about his face that makes me think that....
Hehe... my girlfriend was walking by the tv and saw a commercial for the new Jackie Chan movie and thought it was Feurio. I always thought he looks kind of like Pee Wee Herman.
Old 10-08-02, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Random useless info: The guy who plays Furio is actually a well-respected artist who lives here in NJ. Not sure if he's a painter or sculptor or both, just that when his character was first introduced on the show, the Star-Ledger (NJ paper) ran some articles on him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.