Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 3 news courtesy of local paper

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 02:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Brother 3 news courtesy of local paper

I'm not a fan of this reality series but I decided to post this news story for fans of the show.

The house has spoken -- Fairfield woman takes second in 'Big Brother 3'

By Amy Maginnis-Honey

FAIRFIELD -- While Danielle Reyes didn't earn the grand prize of $500,000 on the CBS show "Big Brother 3,' she's a winner in Karen Judkins' eyes.

"I'm glad she got second," Judkins, a Fairfield resident said. "That's really something out of 12 (people.)"

Reyes, also of Fairfield, earns $50,000 for her runner-up finish.

The show put 12 strangers from across the country into a house on the studio lot where they were monitored by 38 cameras and 62 microphones 24/7 since July 10.

Each week, a head of household competition was held. The winner then nominated two players for eviction.

A power of veto competition gave the winner a chance to take one of the people off the block, forcing the head of household to nominate another.

Houseguests cast their ballots in secret. On Thursday nights, guests were sent packing.

Reyes was the only one who was never nominated for eviction.

Early on Reyes, 30, formed a secret alliance with Jason Guy, who was the last one evicted.

All 10 former houseguests voted for the grand prize winner on Wednesday's show. Guy was the lone vote for Reyes.

"I thought she (Reyes) did really well," Judkins said. "She strategized but you had to do that to stay in the house.

"She did good. I'm glad she made it to the end."

Reyes wasn't as popular in the show's chat room. Many viewers who posted felt she had betrayed other houseguests.

Others were quick to note they felt Reyes was the best player. A 25-year-old bartender from Los Angeles, Lisa Donahue, took home the top prize.

"I think it's wonderful someone from Fairfield was willing to endure that kind of experience," said Fairfield vice mayor Harry Price.

Though he never got to watch the show, he feels Reyes is a classic example of the people who live here.

"It just shows that people in Fairfield are willing to go anywhere to achieve success in whatever way they can," he said.

And, upon finding she would be coming home with a nice check, Price added, "That pays better than jury duty."

Reyes husband, parents and daughters were in Los Angeles for the finale.

The family has lived in Fairfield four years. Her parents are Vacaville residents.

Michelle Burkey rushed home from work at 7 p.m. to catch live feed of the show on the Internet. "There was no way I was going to wait," she said.

"I had six messages waiting and they were all because of 'Big Brother.' No dentist appointment reminders, none of the usual stuff," she said.

She still planned on watching the show when it aired at 9 p.m.

"Now I can sit and gloat," she said. "I want to see her pained expression when it backfires on her. They're just paying back the biter."

While she didn't care for Reyes as a person, she admired the way she played the game.

"She played good. She played the game the right way," Burkey said.

Reyes is scheduled to appear on the CBS "Early Show" this morning and have a live Internet chat at cbs.com at 10 a.m.

Amy Maginnis-Honey can be reached at [email protected].

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/display/inn_news/NEWS2.TXT
Old 09-26-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBS would like to thank all five viewers for tuning in....
Old 09-26-02, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Jason Guy??