Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else think Buffy is going down the drain?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone else think Buffy is going down the drain?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-02, 06:37 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best to worst IMHO:

3 = Faith, the mayor, etc etc...
5 = Started off weak, but built perfectly to its climx
2 = A lot of great stuff, although a few filler episodes were cheesy
4 = Big bad was weak, but had some great ideas and moments
6 = Okay moments, but not focused
1 = Good main villain, but a lot of corny eps
Old 10-05-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Oh, and Dawn? Maybe worth the prison time.
Old 10-06-02, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I seriously think I'm just a Buffy mark, because I love every season. I just enjoy the characters, and even when an episode is not as strong as previous ones, I feel there is always at least one or two real highlights per episode. Obviously not everyone agrees with me, but I have loved this show since it premiered.
Old 10-06-02, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
spainlinx,
I agree with you completely. There have been very few episodes (maybe 2) that I thought were a complete waste of time. Even when an episode is just filler, I like to watch the characters interact. And I don't understand the bad rap that season 6 seems to have. For the most part I rather enjoyed it My wife was always laughing quite a bit at the trio

Plus the last few minutes of this past season 7 episode showed that there is still plenty of life left in Buffy.

Michael
Old 10-06-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just my two cents worth....

Seasons 1-5 were pretty good in their own ways, and I would have a hard time picking a "best" season of those five.
Spoiler:
Although Buffy dying in the final episode of season 5 would have been a perfect way to conclude the series IMHO

However, last season, I thought Angel had better stories and a better arc than Buffy, although Buffy came back with a better season-ending episodes than Angel (Both were good). The only good episodes, IMHO, last season were the premiere, musical, the asylum/alternate reality, and the black Willow episodes. James Masters even had problems filming the Buffy rape scene.

So far this season, what I have seen is a return to the Buffy that we all used to love. Somehow, something is building up again, and I can't wait.

It's still regretable that Anthony Stewart Head will not return to the series permamently, but that's his choice.
Old 10-06-02, 10:05 PM

yea i would agree, i loved the musical and that alternate reality episodes were brilliantly written. I have high expectations of this show and last season didn't cut it, i didn;t like the whole idea of willow turning evil, cause shes one of the crew and i didn;t think that fit, but i was kool in the episodes when she like wripped warren skin of and use her crazy magic, I am hoping that this season will be a good one, so far its pretty cool, Also good news is today i found out buffy season 3 comes to dvd in January, i know im a bit late, I know i started this thread but i still love the show, To me its going down the drain but i love it so much that its still a great show, one of the better ones on tv, just not my favorite anymore!
Old 10-07-02, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
From what I have been reading, SMG is not returning to Buffy next season. The show is suppsoed to continue with that Trachtenberg(sp) character becoming the lead.

First Katie Holmes, now SMG...whats a guy to do? the hottest chick left on tv will be tina fey.

SPY
Old 10-07-02, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by bothanspy
From what I have been reading, SMG is not returning to Buffy next season. The show is suppsoed to continue with that Trachtenberg(sp) character becoming the lead.
Again: the re-emphasis of the high school and the creation of the Scrappies was needed in order to get back to the "year one vibe"--which the producers & writers decided would be their theme for this year. It's certainly possible that SMG will decide to quit, and that Whedon & Co. will decide to continue the storyline as a spinoff--but neither is true as of now, and they've stated several times that that's not why things are playing out as they are in S7.