Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NOTE: 'Crossing Jordan' Season Premiere at 9:30 ET

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NOTE: 'Crossing Jordan' Season Premiere at 9:30 ET

Noticed in Jadzia's thread that it was listed incorrectly (not blaming ... just didn't want someone to miss it). I have no idea if the first 30mins is new content or just rehash of last year's finale.

I don't know why I watch this show other than it's strangely entertaining in spite of the sometimes silly plots. And, of course, I'll be recording while watching CSI: Miami.

das
Old 09-23-02, 06:14 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
CSI Miami all the way baby!!! So glad I gave up on Jahdan last season, I don't think I could deal with her.

She is too perfect, and has no flaws, her character loves herself, and in the 6 or 7 eps I watched at the start of last season, she never had a bad day, never was upset at something.

It all worked out in the end as we joined peter paul and mary for a sing-song.
Old 09-23-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

While I agree, it's not a very good show, I don't know if it's the same show you're watching. She's all messed up; in fact, the whole point of the show is how messed up she is. She's been fired from countless jobs, survives often on the charity of others, won't forgive herself or her father for her mother's death, can't maintain any reasonable social life, and often pisses in the face of those who try to help her. What show were you watching?

das
Old 09-23-02, 06:35 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
While I agree, it's not a very good show, I don't know if it's the same show you're watching. She's all messed up; in fact, the whole point of the show is how messed up she is. She's been fired from countless jobs, survives often on the charity of others, won't forgive herself or her father for her mother's death, can't maintain any reasonable social life, and often pisses in the face of those who try to help her. What show were you watching?

das
The one where she is so confident that she doesn't care if the guy strips in front of her in the office bathroom which I think is unisex. Even though the guy has been hitting on her.

Then she just happens to be able to shake her groove thing on the floor like a madwoman, who is perfect.

Everytime I saw her she just seemed too perfect. I understand the 'background', with the failed previous jobs, and her mom's death etc. But it just seemed in the early shows, like all the world loves Jordan and she can do no wrong.

She just seemed to me to exude a hey I can do no wrong attitude, maybe we were watching a different show.
Old 09-23-02, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, the character is very self-centered, but she's always unhappy, using the "strong" persona to cover for her insecurities in her personal life. For most of the first season, her coworkers didn't like her so much as they tolerated her. She's a pretty messed up character.

Anyway, I watch the show for the supporting cast. For whatever reason, they're entertaining enough that I keep tuning in. The plots are pretty darn typical and not overly intriguing.

das

"Jahdan"
Old 09-23-02, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyway, I watch the show for the supporting cast. For whatever reason, they're entertaining enough that I keep tuning in. The plots are pretty darn typical and not overly intriguing.
I love Hennessey, well becasuse she's hot, but the supporting cast in the morgue is what keeps this show from just being bad.

Most of the stuff badlydrawn described was in episode 1-4, while the show hasn't actually "grown" in a dramatic sense, it has portrayed Jordan as less then perfect.

but it wouldn't take too muh by CSI Miami to win me over at 9PM.
Old 09-23-02, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love Hennessy too, and even though the character of Jordan is kind of annoying, she adds a little extra something worth watching (when nothing else is on).

However, I don't need my engineering degree to figure out this math: Delaney + Procter >> Hennessy

I have my HDTV calibrated and ready to go.

das
Old 09-23-02, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This could be a much better show if they realized maybe their audience is pretty smart and would enjoy some more complex stories with less silliness. Of course, you need good writers for that.
Old 09-23-02, 07:45 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

However, I don't need my engineering degree to figure out this math: Delaney + Procter >> Hennessy

das
Whats that Delaney and Procter appended to Hennessy???

for me I would take Kim alone over jill any day
Old 09-23-02, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not appended ... significantly greater (as in many orders of magnitude)

das
Old 09-23-02, 07:48 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Not appended ... significantly greater (as in many orders of magnitude)

das
That's engineering vs outputting data to a file
Old 09-23-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I qualified it as "math" not "c iostream"

das
Old 09-23-02, 08:58 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Did you see her take that jump!?

She is crazy!!

(For me, its tape CSI: Miami, watch Crossing Jordan... the watch CSI:M over and over and over again!)

JUST WANT TO ADD: This episode is whacked... a cross-gendered-happy-fun-bar!?!?!

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Goldberg74; 09-23-02 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-24-02, 07:46 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but the Jordan premiere last night was pretty darn good.
Old 09-25-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This show is so bad. So the killer shows her the key and tells her the backstory just before he kills her like a bad Bond movie. Then Woody shoots him 4 times in the chest for no reason? He wasn't armed. She wasn't in immediate danger (she wasn't close to the ledge yet). I believe there was time for a "FREEZE!!!"

Still I shamelessly enjoyed watching it. And I loved all the scenes with the supporting cast as usual.

das