Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Fastlane... cool & unintentionall funny. Worst... show... ever? (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fastlane... cool & unintentionall funny. Worst... show... ever? (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-02, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog I liked it too. Sure it isn't going to win any Emmys, but it is a nice diversion for an hour. I could watch this show for the music and eye candy alone.
I agree w/ Red Dog. You're not gonna get stellar acting or writing from this show, but it is a fun, mindless bit of entertainment. Plus, I gotta say, Peter Facinelli never caught my eye before, but OMG, those low-riding jeans were the best wardrobe choice *ever*.

~wis
Old 09-19-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was okay....but like I said earlier, I doubt it's going to last long.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention or something, but how the hell does Tiffani Thiessen have access to all those cars and bikes? She's a cop, right? Somebody please explain that to me...

Speaking of Tiff, she looked weird. Did she have eye surgery or something? Her eyes definitely looked different from before. Her makeup was different, too, which I didn't care for.

I also thought it was kinda funny that she was in a show with Jennie Garth's hubby (Facinelli). Speaking of Facinelli, ipkevin, when he first came onto the scene, he was dubbed "the next Tom Cruise". Of course, that hasn't happened yet.

In general, I thought the acting was pretty horrible....and I have a hard time seeing Bill Bellamy as a "tough cop" kinda guy...I still remember him back in the days of MTV. Much in the same way that I had a hard time believing Jamie Foxx was a pro QB in "Any Given Sunday" (though I liked the movie a lot)...he'll always be the dude from "In Living Color" to me.

The cameos were kinda neat...

Of course being a guy, I really liked the cars and bikes. That was better eye candy than any of the ladies, so far.

Old 09-19-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by candyrocket786
I felt like I watched a 1hr MUSIC VIDEO.

All I could think ,while watching this show, was "thank god McG is not directing Superman"
EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Man, that was one horrible show. It was like Charlie's Angels without humor, Bill Murray, or Cameron Diaz. I was laughing at loud when they had that 30 second scene where the guy changed his entire life (from regular cop to secret undercover member of a new crime fighting force). I think that's what happened anyway, they are still cops right? They just can't show their badges? Whatever.

And I love how they described the jerk boyfriend from Some Kind of Wonderful as "a ghost, no one knows his name, or anything about him" etc., but then they find him by FOLLOWING HIS HIRED GIRL!!!! Boy, I NEVER would've thought of that, no wonder it was so hard to find him!
Old 09-19-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Speaking of Tiff, she looked weird. Did she have eye surgery or something? Her eyes definitely looked different from before. Her makeup was different, too, which I didn't care for.

Yeah - that sure wasn't Kelly Kapowski. I thought her nose looked strange - almost Pinocchio-ish. Maybe I just have never seen it from certain camera angles before.
Old 09-19-02, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
Yeah - that sure wasn't Kelly Kapowski. I thought her nose looked strange - almost Pinocchio-ish. Maybe I just have never seen it from certain camera angles before.
I think it was her eyes that made her nose look funny. Something is definitely different with those eyes. She also looked like she may have been wearing colored contacts.

Old 09-19-02, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
remeber, the director of the show is also the director of charlies angels
Old 09-19-02, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The main character was totally Tom Cruise. He looked like him and sounded JUST like him. I wasn't expecting much but I actually liked it a lot. I will continue to watch.
Old 09-19-02, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I lasted 10 minutes, then put on a DVD. Looked stupid, and Facinelli is SO UNcool. To me, a comparison to Tom Cruise in any way is NOT a compliment.
Old 09-25-02, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
MTV to reair Fastlane episodes

from tvguide.com:

Fox's new series Fastlane is cruising over to MTV. In an unprecedented deal, MTV will re-air episodes of Fastlane at least eight days after it's original Wednesday night bow on Fox. According to Variety, the music plans to run Fastlane on Sunday and Monday nights at 11 pm starting Oct. 13. The premiere of Fastlane — which stars MTV alum Bill Bellamy, as well as, Tiffani Thiessen and Peter Facinelli as crime fighters — won it's time slot last week garnering 10 million viewers.

That's good for me. I had a logjam of Wed 9 pm shows. This frees a spot up.
Old 09-25-02, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
the second episode was pretty good about motocycle-riding thievies ... (somehow, CTV up in Canada shows the show on Tuesdays). The ending was good and somewhat unexpected for network tv.

Side question .... Why does CTV get to show good 1st run shows from all the various US networks???

There are a million more shows out there that are painful to watch. This show at least is entertaining both visually and to some extent with the humor and interplay between the characters. I will watch this and west wing when I can.

Last edited by chowderhead; 09-25-02 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-26-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think I'll be watching this show anymore....I can barely stand to watch.

Sometimes the suspension of disbelief is too hard to overcome.

Old 09-26-02, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
To much slow motion I_Z? the show is terrible. I think the fast and the furious folks don't have the patiance to look at considering the slow motion every 3 seconds.
Old 09-26-02, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
To much slow motion I_Z? the show is terrible. I think the fast and the furious folks don't have the patiance to look at considering the slow motion every 3 seconds.
Actually, the slow motion doesn't bother me. It's the characters and the writing I can't stand!

The only things worth watching are the cars and bikes...Tiffani Thiessen doesn't even look good anymore.

Old 09-26-02, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Tiffani Thiessen doesn't even look good anymore.
Yeah, but you know you would still put a hurting on that Biotch!