Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my fav show on TV, try to tape it every week.

Fav characters:
1. Clark
2. Lex
3. Ma & Pa
4. Guest Villians
5. Chloe
6. Lana (She is cute, but her character is week. She does the same thing almost every week.)
7. Pete

I would like to buy the series on DVD for the right price, less than $70.
Old 09-15-02, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
I started watching the reruns over the Summer. A lot of eye candy to look at and I have been enjoying it but my one pet peave is that it seems to be the same plot every week. Villian comes in wreaks havok, One of Clarks friends is in trouble and Clark saves them.
I hear they are getting away from the villian of the week which is good. I'll be watching next season.
The villian of the week does become somewhat tiresome but it's rather important because you don't want to jump into long complicated season long subplots in the first season because it doesn't give viewers a chance to jump in half way through the season or so. Buffy and Farscape (the two that came to mind) started out in similar fashions and only after a good season did they really start to get away from the weekly adventure type of story that can become repitative.

i don't mind the weekly monster too much because the actors just have great chemistry with one another....fun to watch.
Old 09-17-02, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Only one week left until the season premiere. I'm going to watch the season finale again tonight and maybe again sunday.
Old 09-17-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Will Smallville be in Widescreen this year?
Old 09-18-02, 07:56 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my only gripe with smallville is that after 24 starts, i can no longer watch it.
Yes you can! WB is, for lack of a better word, "repurposing" Smallville this yera on their own network. They are re-airing each episode the following Sunday at 5pm. I caught this fact when I was readjusting my TiVO for the new shows this season.
Old 09-18-02, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by JLB
Yes you can! WB is, for lack of a better word, "repurposing" Smallville this yera on their own network. They are re-airing each episode the following Sunday at 5pm. I caught this fact when I was readjusting my TiVO for the new shows this season.
I don't think Sunday at 5 is a "network" time. It might just be your local WB that is doing this. Although I really have no idea what I'm talking about and could very likely be wrong.
Old 09-18-02, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
You don't own a VCR? You can't tape one while watching the other?

First he has to learn how to get rid of that dang blinking 12:00.
Old 09-18-02, 12:28 PM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think Sunday at 5 is a "network" time. It might just be your local WB that is doing this.
Yes it is a network thing, and not just my local affiliate.

Check out this page on the WB website. The 5pm on Sundays is a network thing and not an affiliate thing.

***WARNING*** the link contains what some people may consider spoilers. The information I saw didn't spoil anything to big for me, but it may for you.

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0,73...C126%2C00.html

Last edited by JLB; 09-18-02 at 12:33 PM.