Reload this Page >

BtVS: Ya Gotta Have Faith Baby! =)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

BtVS: Ya Gotta Have Faith Baby! =)

Old 09-04-02, 11:25 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Tasha; although I never liked Tara, Anya and Spike are my 2 favorite characters. Also, even though I didn't like the 2-hour season premiere, the 2nd and 3rd episodes were 2 of the best episodes of the season surpassed only by "OMWF". The only episode I really liked after "Tabula Rasa" was "Normal Again". Of course the first 8 episodes also contained imo the single worst episode of BtVS ever, "All The Way".

I don't know why nobody else likes "Flooded" as much as I do. It would be somewhere in my top 10 favorite Buffy episodes of all time. Of course I guess I'm weird because I thought the 1st 2 seasons were the worst and season 5 was the best.
Old 09-05-02, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Season 5 was my favorite too (although 2 and 3 were close, and The Mayor was my favorite villain.)

I liked Flooded too, but my favorite non musical season 6 ep was Life Serial. I just think there are so many great geek lines in that one, and Jonathon's magic bone is hilarious.

tasha
Old 09-05-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
I think it would be best to just end the series after S7.

Probably best that shows don't overstay their welcome, especially after losing the main character. *cough*X-FILES*cough*

Best to just bow out gracefully while you're still on top. Maybe do some movies down the road.

I've only seen the first two seasons (which were excellent and only get better with multiple viewings), but from what I've been hearing, some battle fatigue was setting in by S6. I think a S8 without SMG would be nearly impossible to pull off. Even if they can come with a good reason for her not to be there, it'll still be obvious that the only reason she isn't there was dictated by an actor's absense and not plot-driven. (Again, see X-Files.)
Old 09-06-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I say give it one more good season then do the movie. Its been rumored for years just do it already.
Old 09-06-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally posted by zero
Well I say give it one more good season then do the movie. Its been rumored for years just do it already.
Actually, SMG said she isn't really game for doing a movie. Then again, she says a lot of stuff.
Old 09-06-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Actually, SMG said she isn't really game for doing a movie. Then again, she says a lot of stuff.
Like "...if Buffy leaves the WB I'll leave the show.." After Scooby-Doo I dont think id wanna do another movie either. But I dont see why she has to be so picky about it.